John L Smith axed

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by mercury, Nov 1, 2006.

1. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

2. detteam

detteam All-Star

I can't say that I'm disappointed...enough is enough.

"NEXT!"

3. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

just listened to most of the press conference on the radio. they said the cost of firing him with 2 years left on his contract was less than the cost of hurting the program. basically they said there wasn't stability and he did some things well but they didn't translate into results on the football field.

4. bezeach

bezeach First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

He had an overall record of 22-23 in four seasons at Michigan State, not to good. And the Spartans have had a worst record every year since 2003. Hopefully a new coach can do better than that for the Spartans.

5. detteam

detteam All-Star

The Mooch getting together with Izzo?

Steve Mariucci an MSU candidate ?

For any Spartan/Lions fan, this is the most unsettling of rumors. All Lions fans were relieved when Mariucci was relieved. I think most Spartan fans were relieved today to know JohnL will not be returning next year. Why am I not taking joy at the prospect of Mooch taking the reigns next year?

If Mooch DOES get the job, I obviously wish him success, but I'm not holding my breath for a big turn around. Maybe Izzo can knock some winning sense into him. Jeez...wouldn't that make a great SI cover story in 2 or 3 years.

6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Mooch would be perfect. I hope.
    I hope the Spartys win out this year and get a bowl game. John L finishes strong.

7. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i can see them winning out after announcing their coach won't be back, just because that would be typical of MSU. if i was john l. i would try so much shiz the next few weeks...trick plays, fake punts, bomb it every play...you name it.

8. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

I think Mooch would be good, too. I'm not sure why I think this, but I do. Probably because Mooch wasn't that good in the pros. A great guy for MSU would be UM's defensive coordinator, Ron English, but I hope he gets the head job at UM someday. And I hope they don't consult Shembechler when they pick Lloyd's replacement either.