Johnny Flynn

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Matthew, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Matthew

Matthew Second Round Draft Pick

2. MJO77

MJO77 First Round Draft Pick

Stuckey for Flynn straight up? It might make sense because then Rubio can start at PG and Stuck can play SG, which many believe is his more natural position. Plus if we are keeping Rip, Flynn would compliment him so much better than Stuck.

I don't know though.

3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This would mean we are really starting over...but if Flynn is a better natural PG, it may not be a bad trade...but I think Joe is in love with Stuckey as much as he was in love with Curry and so Stuck will be here for awhile...

4. MJO77

MJO77 First Round Draft Pick

Yeah. He has already said numerous times that Stuckey is the PG of the future.

5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

We don't need Joe onboard with moving Stuckey, we need Drew Sharpe onboard. Where Sharpe goes, Dumars follows.

6. buffaloBRAVE

buffaloBRAVE First Round Draft Pick

i'd do stucky for flynn straight up. get a real bonafide pg. Flynnis from Niagara Falls, NY, very similar surroundings to Detroit, so he wont be turned off by detroit, and probably less likely to take off when he becomes a free agent.

7. DaviaG-Rap

DaviaG-Rap First Round Draft Pick

Where does this Stuckey backlash come from? He's productive, talented, young, and has a good attitude. The guy is ahead of Billups at the same point in there careers, both as a scorer and distributor.

The only thing stopping him from becoming an All-Star is a 3-pt shot, and I think it will come eventually. It's just that he is pretty much unstoppable off the dribble,

8. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Hope it's sooner rather than later because the lack of a jumper is turning unstoppable-off-the-dribble into getting-stuffed-at-the-rim way more often then it's turning into two points.

9. blackhawk

blackhawk First Round Draft Pick

Stuckey is going to be playing PG most of the time and I'm looking forward to watching Bynum play as his backup.

Hamilton, Gordon and Washington are set at the SG so there's not going to be any playtime for Stuckey at the SG.

10. lovingj

lovingj First Round Draft Pick

Would prefer Rubio but like Flynn too. Would not think twice about shipping Stucky out for either of those two. Stucky does have great potential but I've been off the train that says we can't move Stucky cause he is the Pistons' future crap. If there is someone out there better, and at pg there are plenty of players better than Stucky, then there should be no hesitation about pulling the trigger.

Joe should be all over this if either of those two become available.

PS Did I mention that I still really want us to get Rubio? Well I do if I haven't said it enough already . . . GET RUBIO.

11. lovingj

lovingj First Round Draft Pick

Lol. It was starting to get embarring how many times Stucky's drives would get block. I think I saw him trembling a couple of games last season.

12. MACKSnare519

MACKSnare519 First Round Draft Pick

I never understood where all the backlash has come from either. Stuckey had a respectful season considering all of what was going on in the locker room and on the court. And what coach or lack there of, was in his ear.

I also don't understand how he's now a horrible defender either...

13. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

And is it any guarantee that either of these guys will be better than Stuckey? Flynn has a lot of the same weaknesses as Stuckey (no jump shot, high amount of turnovers, bad defense) and he's much smaller and weaker.

As far as Rubio, no one knows anything about that guy. He could be the next great bust for all we know... if he decides to play in the NBA.

14. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

It kind of amazes me how much crap Stuckey takes... and yet, those same people that are impatient with him and calling for him to be moved, were also the ones who were still riding the Amir Johnson Hype Machine 4 years in. Give me a freakin break.

Stuckey still has a lot to prove obviously. But he showed me enough potential last year that I'm not just going to give up on him.

15. Oda

Oda Second Round Draft Pick

also some one has to teach him the finer points of playing point guard... I mean CB didn't get good until Larry Brown taught him the finer points... and from what I can remember LB would ride CB about just chucking up... and with Curry last year I think it set Stuckey back at least a half a season of development ... so you hope that with Q coming in that he might teach stuckey the finer points of playing the position...

16. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Talk about blowing it way out of proportion. Stuckey hit roughly half of his "inside shots" this year... 49.7% to be exact. Not great, but not nearly as horrible as people make it out to be either.

NBA Player Shooting Detail stats

17. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

The problem with Stuckey is he is not a pg, he's a 2. And since we already have Ben Gordon and Rip, why do we need a third?

18. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

You are joking right? Or is there some connection?

19. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I am joking. Drew Sharpe does not control the Pistons organization through his Freep columns.

It just seems like that sometimes. :pound:

20. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I like Flynn, but not anymore than Stuckey, Great Post.