1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Johnson and Acker to Fayetteville

Discussion in 'Other Hoops Talk' started by Warthog, Feb 26, 2006.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Looks like the sophmore-rookie game.

Our boys look like they were all business down there. Very efficient.

2. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

Re: Amir Johnson headed to NBDL

28 for Acker, 16 for Johnson.

3. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

don't forget that Mateen Cleaves racked up 34 pts. Or a Anthony Grundby 39- I'm not quite sure about the niveau of this league...

4. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

If anyone wants to listen to the Patriots game live (it started at 5:00)... you can go here... then look at the top right for "listen live"

5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

6. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

And he's doing all that in zero minutes too :^)
    Well we know that A.A. is playing SG... wonder if this is what Joe had in mind when he sent Alex down...
    Also the Pistons where working on A.J. as a SF... sounds like he's playing PF down there.

7. roscoe36

Feed was down, but its back up and they are interviewing someone from the Pistons player development staff. HURRY! (see Merc's post above).

8. roscoe36

Company Line. You didn't miss much.

It's was the P's player development guy Ryan Hoover.

9. Hotsauce

Hotsauce First Round Draft Pick

10. Hotsauce

Hotsauce First Round Draft Pick

two game winning streak for Patriots...:whoo:

i wish i had nbatv....or just cable for that matter:frusty:

11. roscoe36

I listened to the game streamed on the net, basically Fayetteville would not be able to win right now without Acker and Johnson.

They were rock steady today. I'm starting to think that Joe is a better drafter than people give him credit for.

During halftime, the Pistons bigwig of player development described AJ as freakishly athletic, and Acker as having a natural feel for the game. He said that the game comes easily to Acker.

Rick Rickert outscored the two Pistons but he picked up his points in garbage time. The guys who helped get the Patriots to a 25 point lead were our rooks.

12. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Nice to hear... thanks Micro.
    My fear is that someone else is gonna discover our rooks... I think they'll be back on the Pistons bench within a couple weeks...Shhhh

13. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

nice 2 games for acker and johnson!!

14. jetscreamer

jetscreamer First Round Draft Pick

I live in near the flame arena and went to the game. It is a converted ice arena so they have to put boards down. I sat about three rows behind bench of fayetville patriots. Both players have an extra Piostons logo on their jerseys above their numbers in the back. Neither player started but AJ went in as a PF with Rickert at center. AJ challenged every shot took no plays off and can really jump. He made free throws and some put backs. When Acker came in Cleaves was running point. Cleaves was not impressive, he was OK at best but hogged the ball a little too much. Briefly Acker ran the point and he looked solid as a ballhandler. I had to watch him shoot before I could tell if he was right or left handed. But the thing you notice is that his arms are super long. He is a good shooter; he did not miss until the game was way out of hand. He also gave a lot of defense effort and helped down low with reboundibg. At one point when rickert left and AJ was at center he seemed to be most comfortable and was everywhere help defense, rebounds, creating havoc. Acker and Johnson had good chemistry on court. Nobody complained to officals about calls. I hope you enjoy update.

15. roscoe36

Very, very much. Thank you.

16. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

this is a GREAT thread. thanks to everyone who contributes. I hope we get to see them rooks in action at some point in the season.

17. linwood

linwood All-Star

Looks like the Patriots won again. Very nice line from Amir Johnson: 16 points, 9 rebounds on 6-7 shooting and 4-4 from the line. Looks like he is prone to pick up fouls, however. Amir was whistled four times in 26 minutes.

From what I can tell, the Patriots were 5 and 24 before Johnson and Acker arrived, and have now won 3 straight with our kids coming off the bench.

Here's a little excerpt from the recap:

The Patriots took control of the game in the third quarter as Amir Johnson and Alex Acker, both on assignment from the Detroit Pistons, tallied 10 points combined in a 17-7 run over the final 5:44 of the period to grab a commanding 84-69 lead heading into the fourth.

Nice job, fellas. Sounds like they are earning their pay down in the Fayetteville ice rink.

18. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

i wonder if the NBA rookie sideshow draws a decent amount of fans to the games.

19. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Sure can't hurt... I know if these kids were playing somwhere in this state I'd make the trip...
    Should be interesting to see where the expansion leads next year.... but I think they were only talking about having roughly 13 teams by next season... so they'll still be sharing with another club... maybe this time in the Midwest (they're supposed to add at least two teams in the Midwest)

20. jetscreamer

jetscreamer First Round Draft Pick

There is another game in southwest florida tomorrow. If one hangs around the ticket office someone is always giving away tickets otherwise they range from $9 - $22. So I think I'll go. The attendance on sunday looked about 600 people. Hockey at the arena will draw about 4,000 but the team is an affiliate of carolina hurricaines and established for 7 years. It will be interesting to see how these teams hold up financially........ I know the only reason I was aware of the game because I went and played a game at the arena as a coaches game sponsored by a local YMCA. One traveling call and they froze me out ..I felt like Jordan at an all-star game......I checked out the schedule and saw Fayetville was playing two games in three nights. ...Sorry about previous typos from an earlier posting but I was in a hurry and at work so I didn't have time to check. Nothing like a public eduation for shoddy grammar.