Jonas going to All Star weekend!!

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by LA Dre, Jan 27, 2010.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

One exciting moment at the Olympics tonight when it appeared the Korean skaters were about to sweep the 1500 meter short track speed skating with Apolo Ohno in 4th place. The second and third skaters took each other out less than 10 yards short of the finish line which allowed Ohno and J.R. Celski to [STRIKE]steal[/STRIKE] slide into the silver and bronze metals. Talking about a change of events...

2. LA Dre

JJ with a slam dunk in front the player the Pistons should have drafted Dejaun Blair

[​IMG]

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Dre, I fixed the pic and restored your post. Hope you're ok with that.

Also, saw your pic at the all star game. You're looking good. :thumb:

4. detteam

detteam All-Star

It was turrible...so bad that Nate Robinson won for the 3rd time. Best part of the whole thing were Barkley's comments including one toward the end, "Maybe nobody will win".

5. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah Barkley was great through out the telecast. I am really surprised they even let him do play by play, lord knows what might come out of his mouth at any given time.

6. LA Dre

Thanks man...you do have a lot a power behind the scenes!!!:masterandcommander:

7. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

For a league that leans so heavily on its' stars, the lack of star power last night was amazing.

Maybe they should flash a graphic like Afraid to Lose the Dunk Contest the next time LeBron decides to strike a pose after scoring a basket.

Instead of debating the legacy of today's stars every time they play, the media should ask these guys what Bird or Jordan had that allowed them to compete that they are missing.

8. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

YAH ERNIE! I agree man! Sorry to say it, but Nash and Pierce were the only onces that even resembled a interest last night. I thought it was pretty pathetic.

9. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Dunk contest.....AWFUL

3pt shootout.........Curry will eventually be a 10 time winner

Rook/Soph game..........It's fun watching JJ get into the NBA frat. Imagine if we had drafted the other Dejuan.

10. max

max All-Star

I think if Dejuan had been selected then one of the 2, JJ or him, would be sitting and thus irrelevant this year. I don't think Day has done anything wrong except for coaches decisions.

I was out yesterday and missed the festivities. Does not seem like I missed very much.

11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The HORSE competition shouldn't be as bad as it is. The momentum killer is that they have 5 guys in suits out there and a couple refs and there's over a minute in between each shot. They need to make it more similar to the driveway game that people are used to.

12. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Dejaun is a beast on the glass and can finish around the rim, but I would still be worried about those time bombs on his legs. I would probably rather have him over Daye, but I wouldn't give up JJ for him.

13. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

damn right. After the last year's with superman's costumes, Kryptonate, a sticker dunk and a blown-out candle, this year was really, really disappointing.

14. LA Dre

OK here is the official All star recap as I watched game in person and then watched the second half on TNT TV via the replay. Some instances...better in person ...some others it was better on TV....But the experience of attending it live in Cowboy stadium was well worth the admission, especially the halftime entertainment and the entertainment during the timeouts. Unfortunately my Sony Digital Cybershot only had only a 10xoptical zoom so the pictures I took from my seat could have been the Pistons and Nets out here instead the Allstars...and know one would have known the difference.

Anyway the first half was a yawner with no defense as the east led at the half 76-69.

Shakira and Alicia Keys did their thing to wake up the crowd of 108,713 at halftime... several other sports figures and celebrities were littered throughout the stands with most of them probably on the floor behind the benches, section 100 and luxury boxes. Your truly was nested the third level, and the folks who were little bit poorer than me were up in section 400. Believe me all they could see was the big jumbo-tron.

Second half got to good start as Lebron and Wade looked for awhile as if they want to share the MVP honors with a series of dunks and assists for each other.

The game didn't turn into a game until the last 2 mins when the west finally tied based on 14 pts in the 4th qtr by Chauncey Billups, who could have possibly grabbed the MVP if he had not fouled Bosh with only 5 seconds left in the game. (C. Bill was 5-8 from downtown to solidify himself as an All star.)

I am thinking that CB should have been setup to take the winning bucket which would have definitely put him in the MVP race and a possible win.

There were no JJ sightings tonight but since his name is mentioned in the thread, I figured I'd give him one more shout out.

There is one last thing that I want to say here is that if you watched the game closely you notice that the five of the top six players drafted in the 2003 draft were on the floor and four of them, were the top four scorers on the floor with the following stat lines:

LBJ ~ 25 pts, 6 assists, 5 brds, and 4 steals
    Melo ~ 27 pts 10 brds
    Wade ~ 28 pts, 11 assists, 5brds and 5 steals
    Bosh ~ 23 pts, 10 brds

Chris Kaman, the 6th pick was added to the all star at the last minute and logged 4pts and 3 brds in limited play.

The person missing from this group shall remain nameless and he probably didn't watch the game....and the guy who drafted him:swear2:

To me it appeared that LeBron and Wade...and even Bosh were giving everyone a preview of what to expect if two of the three wind up on the same team next season.....scary...

Time to get some rest....flight back to Cali at noon and there will huge crowds at the airport tomorrow.

15. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Looked like the Koreans planned on cutting off Ohno so he couldn't win, and a "hand from above" just flicked away two of the perpetrators. Justice is served. :)

16. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I like when Reggie commented he has seen 'that dunk' at the gym! LOL

17. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Hey DRE...I saw that graphic on TNT as well. based on that, I think the picking of Dark Fool Milichoke will go down as the worst draft pick of any team of any sport EVER!!! I dare anyone to challenge me on this one.

AllStar Wekend ReCRAP: LOL

1. HORSE - worse sporting event Ive seen on TV since Curling!! The players were mummified with NO personality. How did Cassipie even get chosen? NBA didnt drop the ball on this, they THREW it down the sewer!

2. THE ROOKIE GAME- was interesting only because The sophs actually lost. The winner of this game should be allowed to do something to rub it in the other teams face,like since the Sophs lost they have to carry the rookies luggage when they get back to their individual teams(Even players who didnt play in the game)

3. NBA TV -had a good discussion about trades and upcoming free agency....the constant I LOVE MY JOB promos were sickening...Can someone please put Ahmad out of his misery...

4. NIGHT OF HORRORS - Skills Comp: Three kids that could have been my children LOST to a 36 year old Canadian! LOL.....TEAM SHOOT OFF: Has the WNBA Gotten so bad that they needed an All texas team?.And not seeing Detroit represented was sad....3POINT SHOOTING- Dell Curry Jr was the best shooter there. Chauncey was so bad. Pierce wont shut up ever again...DUNK CONTEST:I would have rather watched Barkley and McHale dunk donuts in a cup of coffe! But Nate DID do a reverse dunk that he promised to a sick kid. That was cool. GWallace looked high as a kite LOL

5. THE LEGENDS BRUNCH- honored Aguirre, Blackmon, Donaldson, Perkins and Harper(If u dont know them, u were probably eating boogers when they played) It also included a great memoriam and wonderful backintheday tributes. i watched as I made pancakes for my wife and we loved it...like I was really there. Ernie Johnson was a great host.

6. THE GAME- I just wanted it to be close and it couldnt be closer...Big mistake by WEST not to play Durant more. Wade still makes me cry...I can see us passing on Melo,but Wade,Bosh AND Kaman?? ....LONGEST HALFTIME SHOW EVER!!...Funny how Ernie admitted he had a thing for Alicia Keys and kenny Smith set up a meet for both..LOL Too Cool...
    BBBBBillups owned the 4th quarter...silliest ending ever...Players had fun it seemed.

18. Sara

Sara First Round Draft Pick

Hey, don't hate on Casspi. I love that Jewish man.

19. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

GREAT idea!

20. LA Dre

Dude your recap was better than mines and I was there.

I missed the h-o-r-s-e competition, but was subjected to the Celebrity game...who told Dr. Oz he could shoot let alone run the the court and what other 50 year woman do you know can run up and down the court like Nancy Lieberman.....when she and Martina were hanging out ..what kind of steroids were they taking?

Dunking during the game was better than anything they did in the dunk contest...

For all the money that the 108,000 people spent (probably 35,000 got comps/free tickets) they could have given a double-header and combined the rookie game with the main game..

There were a lot of lonnng timeouts...it would have been nice to have brought out more former all stars and legends on the court and introduced them since they were sprinkled throughout the crowd...with 108K folks in the joint there were REAL fans at this game that wanted to see stars which is why everyone who's face was shown on the screen got a big cheer. Next year's game in LA will be limited to 19,000 people and believe me the poor REAL fans will have to watch it on TV as the NBA will distribute half of those tickets to corporate big shots and the hollywood types will buy the rest of the tickets just to be seen...

My thoughts on the entertainment...I give it a B.....It was Valentines day...why didn't usher comeback out and sing "My Boo" with Alicia. Speaking collaborations, why didn't Luda get off his soft seat and sing the rap interlude when Usher was sing "Yeah"!

Sounds....the acoustics were hit and miss in the stadium. The music was great, but something was amiss as it relates game sounds. There were no sounds of the balls bouncing, the sneakers squeaking or KG cursing.....someone must of complained as in the second half as the mic on the backboard was turned on and we finally heard the ball dropping through the nets and the players yelling.