Jonas going to All Star weekend!!

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by LA Dre, Jan 27, 2010.

1. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

What was the deal with continuous organ music playing throughout the game? I found that really annoying. Actually, I didn't even watch the 2nd half. I really had no interest without any Pistons in the game.

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Not sure...I listened to the a few minutes of the game just now to see what you were referring to...and I did hear the organ playing...have heard similar sounds at the Staples center too and a couple of arenas. They mix it in with sample music of hit recordings just to keep the fans awake until the real action starts....

As far as Pistons being in the game....Pistons past such as Billups and why didn't we select Melo, Wade or Bosh as second pick were out there...making a big splash so just dream about it.

I am not sure we have any potential all-stars on our team at the moment....but a stellar year by JJ next season or even Daye may get them on the Sophomore team next year.

3. Ryder

Ryder First Round Draft Pick

I don't know if you guys feel this way, but when i see Lebron and Wade play on the same team, in Beijing and in the past 4-5 ASG's, Wade clearly looks the better player.

On the flip side, every time they play against each other, Lebron seems the better of the two.

I find that very weird. I don't think they'll end-up in the same team, because that team can only be Miami at this point, a place where Wade is the established leader. If Lebron joins him he'll have to be the Scottie Pippen of that team, which I can't see him doing.

Anyway, good ball game this year, really saved the weekend.

4. max

max All-Star

Have to wonder how he would be doing here without Duncan drawing double and triple teams. Big difference between Duncan and Ben Wallace.

5. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

And a slight, slight difference in coaching between Q and Pop...small difference, but it matters, I know.

6. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Pop is looking quite normal, almost Flipesque in his coaching, now that HIS team is gettin old. :)

7. Brap

Brap Starter

It sure is a lot easier being a head coach when your best player everyone of the years you coached is the Big Fundamental. What a great great player, and superb guy to build a team around.

8. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Don't sell Pops short. He ain't a nobody that just happens to succeed because of Duncan. They make a good team. Pops had the Spurs overachieving at times, especially the first year after Robinson retired. He also has a great deal of influence in drafting and FA signings. Nobody can argue that Spurs are very good wheb it comes to surrounding Duncan with talent.

9. Brap

Brap Starter

Really? No offense, but Parker, Ginobli are (or at least were) fantastic talents. Horry was one of the best bench guys of all time, and Bowen was a fabulous role-player. That's a ton of talent, IMO.

10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Looks like being named to the rookie team and then actually playing against the young future all studs has inspired and made JJ a better player.

Not to say that he is playing on a Piston team with a bunch of scrubs, but the likes of playing along side Blair, Evans, Flynn, Jennings and Curry has possibly inspired him.....21pts in 21 mins!!

11. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I was thinking the same thing Dre. I think he got a taste of the limelight, got a tatse of some celebrity **uh-oh** (think about it: 6'10", blonde, Swede, NBA "Star") now he's hooked! Clearly he looks like he's playing for his next contract and a Kardashian sister.....watch out Reggie! Jonas is coming for ya lady!

12. Walter

Even the greatest coach can't win titles without great talent. Just look at Larry Brown.

I'm not saying Pops didn't have talented players. He did. However, he also managed them well. When was the last time you read about a lockerroom dispute in San Antonio? Have you ever seen Manu complain that he's relegated to the bench? Pops got the respect of the players and he runs a tight ship. I watch a lot of SAS games, and Pops reads the game well and is good at making adjustments.

Success in NBA requires good ownership, good GM, good coach and good roster. SAS is a fine organization that has all the right pieces. Much like our 2004 team had with Davidson, Dumars, Brown and the team. Just because one of those pieces is really good shouldn't diminish the value of the other pieces.

13. Walter

Great. Let the "Jonas wants the big stage of LA/NY" rumors begin. :MusicBigGrin:

14. Brap

Brap Starter

The Spurs have been like the Red Wings - by far the classiest best run organization in their sport.

15. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

And you know what, when he becomes a free agent you're going to hear the rumors, believe that.