Josh Howard vs Tayshaun Prince??

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Dlev59, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Interesting article in the Dallas News. Josh Howard is in the last year of his rookie contract and if he doesn`t sign an extension before October 31st he will become a restricted free agent at this seasons end.

It is rumored in Dallas that his extension should be similar to if not more than Tay`s. Howard`s stats have been better than Tay`s and he says; "no disrepect, but Tay doesn`t do for Detroit what he does for Dallas".

I say true dat, Tay doesn`t call timeouts that his team doesn`t have.............:nod:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/basketball/mavs/stories/082006dnspohowardside.2f860d8.html
  2. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Starter Forum Donor

Good call, Dlev. There's something to be said for playing the game with smarts. Prince's contract was well deserved I thought. Josh'll get his. I figure after what happened to Dallas last season, Cuban will be even more jonesin' to win a 'ship. But Cuban is a competitive SOB, and I doubt he wants to ever get beat in a negotiation.
  3. mjfeld

mjfeld Second Round Draft Pick

Thats the problem although tayshaun's stats are slightly lower than josh howard there are no true stats for what tayshaun does on defense. Who else was able to guard players like kobe bryant and t-mac like Tayshaun. Plus tayshaun has a championship ring so josh howard shouldn't talk since he was terrible during the finals against miami.
  4. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I agree, however, Howard was a bit injured during the playoffs last year which may have affected his game. I like Howard but I think he is doing some player hating towards Tay on this one.
  5. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Josh needs to take a seat. He can only wish that he could possess all the intangibles that Tay has.