Joyless Pistons basketball?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Dec 7, 2006.

1. max

max All-Star

Have to put most of the blame on the organization for the lack of fan support this year. Not only losing Ben. Losing someone like that demands an adjustment period. All the changes at the Palace just seem a bit too much commercial for me. All the silly new restaurants and bars. All most fans want is a place to buy beer and dogs. Took away a lot of the parking for pre-payed spots and Cingular club members. You just feel like a 2nd class fan these days unless you are connected ( i.e. - willing to give them a ton of cash ). They seem to balance between maximizing the amount that you are willing to put up with and still go. Less service and higher prices is the trend from year to year. Every year you get less and pay for more.

Did they have to commercialize Deetroit Basketball? I thought it was fine being one of those things that you just knew about.

Anyway, the true sellouts will comeback if the team wins. People that do not follow the team are actually surprised when I tell them the Pistons have a winning record.

New Energy guy? What about Amir Johnson? May not be Ben Wallace but he would provide some energy and excitement.
  2. hack

hack First Round Draft Pick

IMO this team has the most fun when it's creating turnovers and converting fast-breaks. As in the last three minutes of the third quarter in Game 7 against the Cavs. Lindsey came in, got a couple steals, and suddenly we played the most dominant quarter of basketball in a long time.
  3. MichWhoop

MichWhoop Second Round Draft Pick

Did the Pistons just beat the Mavs? Dayam! 92-82 in Dallas, Sheed at his offensive, bravado best, Stones playing lock down defense. They got an "A" in my book, don't even have to ask the half empty, half full, question, but to read the comments posted to this thread AFTER THE WIN is pathetic.
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

There are only two comments posted after the win. If you read them completely, I don't see any signs they are pathetic.

Maybe you are using different criteria.
  5. max

max All-Star

I took this thread to hit on whats going on at the Palace rather than the team.

I am happy with the win and generally happy with the direction of the team. I have had issues with the Palace for some time now.Bugs me when they try to make the fans feel guilty for their slumping sales.
  6. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I was at hte Bobcats/Pistons game on Friday the 26th of November. The palace was rocking. I actually did not see the gloom and doom as some have posted.

It was the first time I have been at the Palace in over a year. Great turnout, the crowd was into it and I believe it was a sellout.

Am I missing something??????
  7. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

The seats at the Palace are tiny!!!!!!

And no fatjokes, I am not a huge guy.

The seats at the Verizon Center are very comfy........
  8. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Yes they do get less ass for the buck these days.
  9. barbara SanAntone

barbara SanAntone First Round Draft Pick

Just had to jump in here and say what a great win Pistons had last night. Avery said his guys "had no energy, our body language was not good". How true that was, and how could they compete with Pistons who had energy, fun AND body language. Yep, the guys got back their swagger!

Sorry, if this thread is about arena crowds, cant comment:)
  10. max

max All-Star

Yes they still get the weekend draw. Try going on a Tuesday night.
  11. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yep, first time in a while they seemed to be enjoying playing. Sheed running back downcourt screaming GLASS was priceless.
  12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Michwhoop this is a very nitpicky forum.
  13. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

the palace was just as lifeless last year against mediocre teams, it's just that a the pistons would have about 2,000 more show up. the crowd knows the regular season doesn't matter and generally doesn't get up for it, especially at the beginning of the season. i also think that the fans are just used to this team, the same players, etc.