1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Juan Dixon acquired for Brezec

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by ahb, Feb 21, 2008.

1. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Ugh.

Flip Murray with less athleticism and more range.

2. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

Don't understand the logic in getting another guard. Stuckey and AA have earned more PT and have not done anything to warrant a potential reduction in minutes.

3. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

So incredibly pointless. Why do we need an undersized SG? He isn't better than Stuckey, Afflalo, Lindsey, or Flip for that matter. Might as well have just waived Primoz.

If he plays at all, this trade will only hurt us.

4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

At least Dixon's contract expires too. So, we really aren't any worse off.

Neither one is going to play in the playoffs, so who cares?

This was just so that nobody could make the claim that Joe didn't do anything before the trade deadline.

5. lapeapod

lapeapod First Round Draft Pick

As an avid Carlos Delfino fan I've watched lots of Raptors games this year and I can tell you that Dixon is pretty worthless. He's an undersized 2 guard that can't handle the point very well. He's really streaky and can make baskets both driving and from the three point line but he makes lots of mistakes (hmmm starting to sound like a Junior version of Flip Murray Jr.).

The Raptor fans aren't that very enthused about Primo but I did post he's great sitting on the bench keeping his teammates fired up. Both actually are good guys and it's not something that will hurt the team. I do feel bad that Flip Murray didn't get a pass out since he could help a team that needs a player that stays healthy and can contribute.

6. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

This is wack. i am tired of picking up people for scoring options. Everyone that was picked up to be a scoring option is one dimensional. When they are not scoring, they are not useful, at all. This sucks...why the heck couldn't we get Mike James?? Geez!!

7. The KiBosh

The KiBosh Second Round Draft Pick

Raptor/Pistons fan here.
    He's DEFINITELY better then Flip and gives you a different dimension that Lindsey just isn't capable of. I think this has more to do with Detroits unwillingness to rely on youth in the playoffs.

Dixon is a guy who has a history of thriving in big games. The thing is he's a bit of a volume shooter but when he's hitting he really can catch fire. I wouldn't call him a chucker because in Toronto he showed he was capable of playing within an offense but he's definitely not gun shy.
    He's probably a better fit for the pistons then Toronto because Chauncy is capable of guarding a lot of two's in the league. A luxury Toronto didn't have from their PGs.

Bottom line... Dixon probably won't see much burn here but could be productive in the limited role he gets.

What can you tell me about Primoz? Haven't seen much of him in the Pistons games I've watched.

8. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

This season's Tony Delk. Can Dixon get in the paint?

9. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Great trade.

We pick up a guard that can make 3 point FGs and give up nothing.

Now we can release Murray and that opens up one roster spot for who knows what.

:hoops:

10. buddahfan

We haven't seen much of him in Pistons games either.

11. kpaav

kpaav Team Captain Forum Donor

Also, this smells like a trade that just gives two nobodies a change of scenery. No money / contract years were added, just another shooter. As we all no - shooting in the playoffs is a limitless commodity.

12. Hobbs

Hobbs First Round Draft Pick

There's an article out there that says we did this to allow us to cut Flip Murray and then pick up Dale Davis again.

Dumars probably promised Murray he'd either trade him or let him go and with Dale Davis around Brezec is even more worthless.

Doesn't really compare to the moves made by other teams though. There's a lot of pressure on our youngsters now.

13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

This makes it very probable that we are going to buy out Murray and pick up Dale Davis.

In Dixon, we are getting Murray's replacement.

We wouldn't be giving up an insurance big man unless there was a plan in the bag to replace him. Dale Davis is the obvious selection. He knows the players, the play book, and he has no goal except to win.

EDIT: Yeah, what Hobbs said.

14. buddahfan

According to BadBoys.com the idea might be to dump Murray open a roster spot and sign Rod Benson

15. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

But who is he on the floor for? Stuckey? I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Joe is far too obsessed with undersized Shooting Guards who do nothing but chuck jumpers.

16. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

WTF??

Brezec is WAY more useful to this current team. We already got Flip Murray, Lindsey Hunter, Arron Afflalo, Rodney Stuckey and Jarvis Hayes. Primoz may be a stiff but he's a 7 foot stiff that plays center.

I don't see how a guy that got relegated behind Kapono and Delfino will find any time here. And thats why he wanted out.

17. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

The writing is pretty much on the wall that Joe will be signing a free agent C/PF.
    :fingerscr

18. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Well, if the Pistons cut Murray and sign Dale, then it effectively becomes:

Primoz + Flip Jr for DD + Dixon

Nothing earth-shattering, obviously, but I think it would be a reasonable 2-for-2 swap.

19. buddahfan

I would rather have Dixon sitting there as the 11th guy or 12th guys assuming Hunter is the 11th guy than Brezec and Herrmann.

What this trade means is that AJ now has at least the 4th big man spot and will get regular minutes going forward.

That may have seemed obvious but it was not written down. Now unless we acquire another big who Joe D. thinks is better than AJ, AJ's progress will continue to move ahead at full steam including getting serious burn during the playoffs.

Great news as it now stands.

20. buddahfan

Davis won't be signed.

He couldn't play last year when he was on the roster much less now.

AJ right now is 5X the player that Davis is at this time.