Just In: Pistons Just Offered Trade for Their #15 Pick

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Jun 25, 2009.

1. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Mlive-Full Court Press just announced that two teams are offering up for our #15.

Sacramento and Minnesota. I think Detroit will bite on the Minnesota deal. Please read.

www.mlive.com/fullcourtpress/2009
  2. armygirl

Excuse me, they received an offer from two teams.
  3. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Minny bait...

Roundup: Pekovic Reigns in the Adriatic League
    April 30, 2008

In a controversial decision, the Euroleague chose Danilo Gallinari over Nikola Pekovic as the winner of the Rising Star award that honors the best young player in the competition. Still, the Serbian center won’t likely be sulking about it for too long after leading his team Partizan to win the Adriatic League, earning in the process MVP honors and our Player of the Week nomination.

Partizan validated its dominance of this year's Adriatic League by beating Union Olimpija and Hemofarm in this past week's Final Four. Pekovic had 31 points and 5 rebounds in the semis, while settling for 22 point and 7 rebounds in the final, combining for 19/25 from the field.

As usual, he did all his damage around the basket, showcasing his ability to establish great position inside and emerging as almost unstoppable once he received the ball. Pekovic is not a go-to guy in the sense that he’s a creative force that facilitates his team’s offensive flow, but he's such a big threat that his sole presence makes his team's offense run smoothly due his own ability to finish around the rim and the spaces he generates for his teammates with the defensive help he regular draws.

Partizan should find no opposition on its way to the Serbian championship as well; it will be way more difficult to retain all its young gems, starting with Pekovic. As we stated a few months ago, he has pretty much all but boarded the plane for Panathinaikos, as everything regarding his transfer there has already been agreed upon. Even though he would normally garner a considerable amount of interest in the first round with the incredible season he’s had, the inevitably of him staying in Europe for a considerable amount of time, along with the verbal discouragement he’s given teams from drafting him (saying that he just does not like the NBA) will almost certainly drop him to the 2nd round.
  4. armygirl

Wow, back to the basket player, doing all his damage around the basket is a rarity with the pistons these days.

His not wanting to play in the NBA may be a concern.
  5. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

....i'm gonna STEAL YOU from ur hubby!! U are a sports nut's DREAM woman...and my GIRRL! :MusicBigGrin: We dont take u for granted! Thanks, AG for inspiration's sake! Luv ya!
  6. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm not inspired by Sacramento's weak-sauce offer.
  7. armygirl

I WUV you too Skool. You know you are my Ace Boon. (Here's that term again Dre, my old school Ace Boon). lol.
  8. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

It's going to be difficult to focus on my job today. I'm excited. But the thing is, usually, don't we all end up pretty mad and disappointed AFTER the draft because we don't like or never even heard of the player who we got? I suppose most fans for most teams are like that.

I kind of feel like this is the most important off season the Pistons have had since the teal era. I'm probably off in that but this may be where they need to get that new foundation in place for the upcoming decade.

MY gut is that at #15 or worse, we don't get much. I think Joe D. blows the pick. But I'm a pessimist. I sure hope I am dead wrong.
  9. Omaha Piston

Omaha Piston Second Round Draft Pick

This link isn't working and I can't find the article on the site. Is there a better link to these trade offers? Thanks.
  10. linwood

linwood All-Star

Under 10 rebounds from a center in the two championship games?

Sounds soft.
  11. G-man

G-man Starter

Draft Express

Sacramento has reportedly offered Detroit the #23 and #31 picks in exchange for the #15. The Kings may target DeJuan Blair at 15 if he's available, while the Pistons like Toney Douglas and possibly DaJuan Summers. There have been rumors that Dumars is interested in Douglas. This would give Detroit one first-round pick and four second round picks. Down further on the page Givony reports of another potential offer for the 15th pick.
    Minnesota supposedly may not be done making moves, and could be looking to package some assets and move up even higher in the first round. Right now they seem to be dangling the #18 pick and Nikola Pekovic, possibly to Detroit sitting at 15. Gerald Henderson could very well be their target, as he's likely gone one pick later by Chicago.​
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Shouldn't we be trying to move up in the draft, or at worst standing pat?

What is the point in trading down? Lower prices?
  13. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

No doubt. This is completely backwards.
  14. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I think this reasoning works better in football. Trade a higher pick for more lower picks.
  15. CarlosGallan

CarlosGallan First Round Draft Pick

Nikola Pekovic is a real center,elite level in europe.
    Has won this year playing in Panathinaikos, Greek league against olympiakos,EUROLEAGUE and greek national copa. Three of three titles.
    i wrotte months ago about Pekovic like a steal from minessota,i wish we have Pekovic.
    He is starter of better europe team, unstopable ofensive player on the paint in euroleague. final four games suffered overpressure with calls,reason he had less numbers.

i hope we have Pekovik over Clark or Mullens,is perfect player for pistons.
    Main problem is he have contract in Panathinaikos till 2010 or 2011,but is a steal.

PEKOVIC, NIKOLA - Welcome to EUROLEAGUE BASKETBALL
  16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

When you have 22 starters vs 5, the tops picks are a smaller % of the team I guess.

I bball, a #1 pick would be like getting the first 4.5 picks in the NFL draft.
  17. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

But we are comparing apples to oranges. At no one time does any football player have as great of an impact on the outcome of a game as an individual on the court.
  18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Quarterbacks can be close. But that is my point, a football player is dilluted by the sheer number of dudes on the field along side him.
  19. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah, that wasn't a very impressive stat line. Maybe they have a Darko type rebounder beside him who is stealing all the boards.
  20. CarlosGallan

CarlosGallan First Round Draft Pick