1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Kevin Durant - Is He Overated?

Discussion in 'Other Hoops Talk' started by buddahfan, Mar 3, 2007.

1. linwood

linwood All-Star

I saw one game. Can't remember who it was against. I do remember thinking... who is that guy? Durant? He shure is good.

If you would like more in depth analysis like the quality one above, just let me know.

2. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

No I don't think he is.

I do confess part of the reason why I posted this opinion is because I got tired of logging in and seeing the Yao getting married thread. No basketbills, don't be funny and add a comment to Yao's. No offense to whoever started the Yao thread. it was just time for some new scenery.

3. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

4. buddahfan

5. buddahfan

18 in the first half tonight in a run and gun shoot out with the Suns.

He should get 30 and maybe even 40 tonight if it goes to OT

:hoops:

6. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

No I don't think he is overrated at all. First and foremost there is his game which will get better as he learns. In fact, as far as a marketable young superstar he is perfect (not that I'm in favor of all that hyping). So much easier to be "in his corner" as a fan who tries to follow the rookies. I mean he looks like a kid.

LeBron never looked like a kid in his life. Wade didn't either and I guess he was older than LeBron because he went to college. Anyway, my point is that someday I'll say "I saw Kevin Durant's first game with the Sonics. He was a skinny, long gangly kid but I knew he had it right then and there."

I mean I was sick to death of LeBron before he was even drafted all that hype and he just doesn't have the kind of personality that you want to cheer on. Neither does Wade. False humility all the way on those two guys in public and then they are text messaging each other with new ways to get more money out of their teams. The "global icon" and the "fall down seven times get up eight" guy.

Kevin Durant. He looks and acts like a rookie. With insane talent. It'll be great to watch his learning curve. And he is already really fun to watch. So entertainment value on this young man....HUGE. How far will his talent take him? Who knows but the Sonics made a good choice when they took him. This rookie will be selling some tickets, no matter where the Sonics end up next year.

7. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

aurora, I really liked that last post of yours. Durant is the type of rookie you like to watch learning the game. He doesn't look like 30 as a rookie. You don't need to suspect him of doing steroids. He simply seems to be a young, talented player who still has to learn alot but who'll probably become an All- Star.