Kidd to Mavs heating up again

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by himat, Feb 13, 2008.

1. himat

himat Bench Warmer

2. himat

himat Bench Warmer

3. himat

himat Bench Warmer

The article says that it could be Harris, Diop, Stack, and George for Kidd. Then Stack would be bought out and he could return to Dallas.

This is very risky. Maybe even riskier than the Phoenix trade.
  4. raxrets

raxrets Starter

I think that names in this trade for kidd aren't so important, from Cuban perspective may be more important a fact that his team plays uninspired, inconsistent bball and therefore changes are needed. Exactly the same risk asi in Shaq to phoenix case: owners felt that changes are needed, but will they be positive ones?
  5. himat

himat Bench Warmer

6. himat

himat Bench Warmer

It's not on any other website yet, but it seems like some sort of deal is going to occur.
  7. lk#1

lk#1 First Round Draft Pick

This season is great. I'm not sure if it's a good trade for Mavs but it's good for the league. Dallas will loose depth but without changes they aren't going to win the title. West is veeeeery deep. Sacramento would be a 6th or 7th team in in the East... It's unfair ;>
  8. raxrets

raxrets Starter

It' not official yet, but sourcers say: Kidd and Malik Allen to Mavs and Stackhouse, Diop, D. George and 2 first round picks to NJ. It's surely win for Nets(reasons are obvious) but for Cuban=?
  9. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

just when they start to talk about the east starting to balance out the two conferences... (not that they were close) all the west teams are making huge improvements.... has any team in the east really improved since last year save Boston and Detroit?
  10. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

11. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Kind of cuts down on the big man rotation a bit. Is Howard now the back-up center for the Mavs? Jersey is going to have to do some pruning.
  12. himat

himat Bench Warmer

This helps the Spurs. Dallas was built to beat the Spurs. I think Dallas can handle other teams in the West better than before though. We will see.
  13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Is anybody here afraid of JKidd anymore? He just seems really un-dangerous to me these days. When we were playing NJ in the playoffs a few years ago, it was maddening watching him start the break. Maybe the Nets just haven't been trying lately.
  14. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Another trade by a Western Conf team where they acquire an aging superstar for young/younger top level players in an attempt to win the NBA Finals this year.

Such amazing folly by these guys.

It seems clear to me that whoever gets to the Finals from the EC will win the title because the 3 best defensive teams in the league, maybe not statistically wise, are Boston, Detroit and Cleveland when they are at full strength.

Now one could say that the Spurs are among the top three defensive teams. This may have been true in the past, but I don't believe that the Spurs are as good defensively this year as the 3 EC teams I mentioned, notwithstanding statistics. It appears to me that the Lakers or Jazz will get into the Finals this year against one the three teams I mentioned from the EC.

I don't consider Pau to be an aging superstar.

:hoops:
  15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Is our defense as good against the WC teams as it is in the EC? I'm sort of wondering if the good defensive teams in the West are hidden because of the strength of schedule.
  16. raxrets

raxrets Starter

quickchecking nets forums: their fans are officially in nirvana.
  17. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

The Nets offense is terrible. Kidd piles up his assists when Carter or Jefferson is able to get on a hot streak and hit 5 or so 25' plus jumpers in a row.

:hoops:
  18. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I like the Phoenix trade but this one is ridiculous IMO.

1. Devin Harris? He's 10 years younger than Kidd, and still showing potential to improve upon his already decent numbers. I thought he and Josh Howard would be the future of this ballclub....oh well.

2. ....stands for two draft picks. Who cares how low they are, Josh Howard was a low draft pick. This could bite them eventually as well.

The trade fodder doesn't bother me, but I don't see how getting a 35 year old will negate the young talent they are and potentially are giving up.

Marion made sense to me, since he was likely leaving PHX this summer, Harris however, was locked up for 5 years. Not a good move, IMO. Not a good move at all.
  19. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Wow, according to that ESPN article, the Mavs are also including $3 million in cash and two first round picks.

That's a lot to give up for a 35 year old point guard, IMO.

That's not just the "Win Now Club". That's borderline "Win Now and Screw the Future Club".
  20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He's over rated.