Kidd to Mavs heating up again

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by himat, Feb 13, 2008.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

yeah 0-11 from the field and 0-2 from the FT line...Rod Thorn and Lawrence Frank might be glad that George blocked it. :) Meanwhile Cuban kicking his GM and lawyers for agreeing to that clause in contract

2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I still can't believe Dallas was willing to do that trade.

Why don't they make a move for Artest if they want to get tough?

3. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

It wasn't a clause in his contract, just a collective bargaining loophole in which 1 year bird rights players have to agree to a trade, since said trade would take away their bird rights ( the right for their team to be able to go over the cap to resign them)

I have to think Georges 0-11 performance may have been influenced by the heckling he was taking from fans that were supposed to be rooting for him. Noone expects that from your own fans unless you are playing in New York :MusicBigGrin:

4. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Not even close IMO, I say Webber staying in Sacramento was bigger. Thank the Lord for that one.

5. max

max All-Star

Or whatif Hill would have stayed and Webber came here in 01? Would have been stuck with 2 injured players on max contracts.

6. KP

KP First Round Draft Pick

He was a free agent - it wasn't a trade deal that fell through. (I think)

7. detteam

detteam All-Star

Makes sense to me...and much cheaper. As odd as it might sound, I think Cuban & RonRon could get along.

8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Cheaper. Better. Less time comittment (assuming Ron opts out next year, like he said he would).

9. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

10. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

It seems that Stack's agent and Dallas worked out a deal for him to return to Dallas after the 30 day waiting period.

It is not allowed by NBA rules to work out the return before the 30 day waiting period, after the trade is made, is over. They worked out the deal before the trade was even made. This is illegal by NBA rules.

:hoops:

11. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Prove it, I mean, juridically. And logic says that allowing Stack back to Dallas was Thorn's way to sweeten the deal( Thorn was way more interested in this deal than Cuban, obviously). And ALL deals are worked out before execution.

12. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Everyone knew Lindsey was going to get released and was coming back when he was traded, and before the deal was even finalized.

No difference here.

13. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

I already posted the link on another thread.

Here it is again.

He has already admitted that he violated legal rules.

League to look at Stackhouse's comments - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

:hoops:

14. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

I have said for the past three or four years that Dallas has no heart. Here's a bumbling front office that can't complete a simple trade. Why not check D. George's contract BEFORE talking to the media? Why the hell would Cuban and co. expect D. George to GIVE UP his Bird rights? And then say they have a "problem" with his agent cause his agent is doing his job? HELLO!!!

On top of that the front office neglected to remind Stack to keep his trap shut. A bunch of would-be cowboy bumbling idiots if ever there was such! Then they want to make D. George and Stack be the "bad guys" cause these players saved the front office from themselves! Hilarious!

I have several peeps in Dallas and they are all afflicted with the "Texas braggadocio, count-your-chickens-before-they-hatch, foot-in-mouth" disease. In addition to being "ship-jumpers" every time another "Texas team" makes it further than they do. Well...they are all suffering from "zip mouth" disease now. LOL!!

And Cuban with his knee-jerking, "wanna be," running scared azz giving away half his team for an OLD player who single handedly got his best coach fired, hand picked a puppet replacement; then promptly quit on him. All the while pissin and moaning while his wife ran roughshod over the organization.

We outta send Bill Lambier and Rick Mahorn down to Dallas, drop in on Cuban and say "BOO," just to see what else falls from the tree. The Lakers getting serious and Shaq to Pheonix has everybody in the "star-hungry" west shook up!

I'm LOVING this!!

15. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Even if it was known Lindsey did not say anything, so there was not actual evidence. Stackhouse mentioned it, so there is proof that it was planned to get him back to Dallas, which is not allowed.

16. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

didn't they also change the rule with lindsey in mind.... wasn't he back like the next day basically in 04? they changed it to the 30 days to stop such things from happening... and actually i think it would be fair to say if traded from a team you are unable to return to said team till after the championship of that season has concluded.

17. max

max All-Star

When was Lindsey traded? I thought it was Elden Campbell in the Arroyo deal. Elden did not publicly say anything other than he hoped the Jazz would cut him, and then there was that thing when NJ threatened to sign him.

Looks like Stack took it too far.

18. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

he went to boston in the 3 team trade that landed us sheed.... again off the top of my head and to tired to look it up to be 100 percent sure, but pretty sure he was...

ok looked it up.... can't sleep anyways

Lindsey Hunter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He was traded to the Boston Celtics in February 2004 along with Chucky Atkins for Mike James, but never played a game for the Celtics as he was immediately released and re-signed by Detroit 10 days later.

19. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

along with the pick that netted the C's Tony Allen. It was part of the Rasheed Wallace trade. I Forget who Atlanta sent Boston but it was crucial to us getting Rasheed from Atlanta. I remember Rod Thorn called Ainge at the time and tried to talk him out of it......that jerk.

Serves him right that he gets screwed out of getting a fine young point guard and two first rounders for Kidd after what he tried to do to us.

20. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer