Kings @ Pistons... December 14th

Discussion in 'December 2005 Games' started by mercury, Oct 3, 2005.

1. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

DEC 14th
    7:30pm EST

TV: FSN Detroit
    Radio: WDFN-AM 1130

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    VS
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Comments on this game?
    ~~~

2. himat

himat Bench Warmer

ben wallace prediction: either he will sit on the bench for a while, or he will toughen it out and dod very good this game. i hope he does great on the offense to because he doesn't like the way he's in the offensive sets.

3. detteam

detteam All-Star

Ben

For those of you fortunate enough to be at the game tonight...GIVE BEN HIS DUE!

After reading the following article:

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051214/SPORTS0102/512140305/1127

it's obvious he feels left out and under-appreciated in this new offense. And hack-a-Ben the other night probably didn't do much to bolster his psyche.

If you're there tonight...do your best to let him know the fans are behind him all the way. Hopefully Flip will let him know today that he is also behind him.

4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Player to watch

BUH-BUH-BUH BONZI WELLS!

* Ranks #8 in the NBA with 1.9 steals per game
    * Has a reputation as a "Pistons killer". Generally plays well against the team that drafted him.
    * Leads the Kings in rebounding from the 2 guard position at 7.8 per game, with 2.6 of those boards coming off the offensive glass.
    * Averaging a career high 16 PPG in his first season with the Kings
    * Unrestricted free agent at the end of this year.

Drafted #11 in 1998 by Detroit, never played a game in the Palace, was traded to Portland for a future first round pick. Former teammate of Rasheed Wallace during his TrailBlazer years.

5. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

What was the deal with Bonzi?

Maybe Mo can give him fits.

6. himat

himat Bench Warmer

he also hit the game winning 3 at the buzzer to beat the t-wolves yesterday 93-91. i hope ben does better than everyone else. usually i don't care as long as we get a win, but not this time.

7. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

What happened?

I heard that Darko started.

Oh, never mind. I just fell off the roof of my 5 story motor home into a shark-filled swimming pool, down here in FL. Lost consciousness there for a while.

Never mind!!

8. SKluck

SKluck First Round Draft Pick

[​IMG]
    Yeah boyeeeee!

Ben injured though, hurt his hand/thumb.

9. vthomp

vthomp First Round Draft Pick

BEN Got rid Of the Goggles.

Ben said the hell with these got rid of the goggles, he is playing with high energy tonight. No Long ugly socks either

10. vthomp

vthomp First Round Draft Pick

Any One getting tired of this west coast play

No defense all perimeter shots going up, Sac is hitting all their shots. Open looks everywhere no D. Come on

11. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

Well well.

Looks like Ben is back to his rebounding self. I'd like to see him get back to his top three block-rebound ranking.

I saw the Jazz loss and I was supposed to watch this one but they wouldn't let me at the place I usually watched so I followed it on gamecast. The loss was disheartening. NObody could hit shots and nobody could get a rebound but looking for them to bounce back again.

Anyway, looks like McDyess is finding some groove. Dang, Mo and Delfino, who should play more? I love Mo and his energy but there are times when we need Delfino's points and savvy. And Darko really lost himself in the rotation. How about trade him for an expiring contract? Hey maybe the Pacers would bite for Artest? Hehe, that is if they're planning on sabotaging the chemistry these Pistons have.

And Rip, great game along with Sheed and Tayshaun.

But Chauncey really brought it tonight. 28 points and 19 assists? WOW. Looks like my fantasy rankings will be way higher today.

:nod:

12. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

game report

Wow. CB got 19 assists and 28 points. Rip 38 points. Rip came into the game at 51% shooting and did nothing at all to cool that stat off. And Ben got 17 boards despite suffering a badly strained thumb early in the game.

Dyess hit some more outside shots. He seems to like to first post up, against a defender, hit a shot, and then go a bit further out. Apparently, we have been getting him too wide open. Go figure.

Tay got some outside shots to fall, hardly noticeable amidst the fireworks by Rip and CB.

Shee did not seem to anything all that special either. Again, compared to all those firworks. But Sheed hit a bunch of triples tonight. What a starting lineup.

A certain announcer for us seems to have an agenda. Basically picking on Arroyo. Not fair. He missed the fact that against that zone, we did get several wide open shots. Just got missed. Now, if he wanted to pick on Arroyo's defense, that would be fair tonight, because Arroyo did do poorly on defense.

Evans had a good game in the 2nd half, but in the first half, he was out there with the subs while they could not score, partly because Evans himself missed a few shots, including a layup. And of course, Dyess was getting too wide open. Evans was not hitting his shots outside tonight but did do good defensively and on the boards.

Even though the bench did poorly tonight, its still good to see Flip go to it. We played 4 bench players with Ben out there. Hopefully, Flip will keep that up. By the way though, we still have never lost a game because of Darko playing in the 2nd quarter. Flip should go back to that too. Play the whole 2nd unit, as a five man unit. Let them get some chemistry together.

Carlos Delfino was the last bench player in in the 2nd quarter. And he got the ball to the basket twice. Nobody else was doing that. But out came Delfino with all the rest of the bench players. Overkill. Leave some of those bench players out there. Heck, put CB back in to kill the zone, but keep Dyess, Evans, and Delfino out there. We are in the midst of a killer stretch of games. Keep the bench out there. We should be ok for the moment, with a day off, at home, for the next game. No trip to make.

CB was knocking down triples. But they could not play up on him or he would drive in on them. Rip was just hitting one midranger after another. I bet of those 19 assists, at least 11 or 12 had to be to Rip hitting a mid-ranger. Talk about going to what is working.

Arroyo took one shot, a bit out of his range. Still good to see him working on extending his range though. He needs to shoot more long ones. In Utah when he was the starter for the year, Arroyo shot a respectable 33% from beyond the arc. That would help us in these type of games where the other team goes zone.

Back to Sheed. His 3 point shooting has been purely incredible this season. And he has in many games posted up the other team to death. And when Sheed gets a midrange shot to take, that goes down too. Full package. He even has been adding of late a move across the lane to go with those constant face up jumpers from the post.

Darko got 2 blocks in 2 minutes. Not bad.

Maxiell played a bit, nothing to mention. He missed a shot or two. The announcer mentioned that Maxiell has been really doing well in practice. Notice, this game was not quite a lock when Flip put the bench in with 2 minutes to go. He could have went conservative, and let CB go for his 20th assist. Just maybe the bench got in a bit there just to give Maxiell some floor time. Still have not seen Maxiell in the 2nd quarter. And since they played Corliss so much, man would I have liked to seen Maxiell guard Corliss. Who knows. Sacramento is not that bad a team. Yeah, next year. Hey, we are 16-3. Best record in the league. GO PISTONS!!!!!

13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Ben was just screwing around with the goggles. He didn't get poked in the eye. It was probably a way to show that he is still tight with Flip & crew.

Chauncey- one of the best regular season games he's ever had.
    Rip- Some nights, he just gets it going.
    Tay- Looks like he has exited the shooting slump. The pose after the jumpers is a pretty good sign.
    Sheed- Just kicking %%%%%. On fire with the 3's. Rebounding hard. Passing great. And creating a lot of team unity with his personality.
    BEN- Proving that he can will himself to All-star level whenever he has too. He had excess energy and spent half the night chasing Sac's guards when they were bringing the ball up. The energy resulted in some steals, blocks, and boards. And one sweet dunk on the feed from Rip.

Dyess- He's back to normal. The jumper is falling when it's contested. He is also rebounding very hard.

Mo Evans- Anybody notice how fast he gets down the floor when he sprints? Looks like he'd probably win the 40 yard dash on the Pistons. His 3's weren't connecting, and neither were his 2's, but he was still making a valuable contribution.

The rest of the guys- Not much one way or the other. Darko looked quick on the shot blocks. Delfino with some good aggressive rebounding.

14. Hotsauce

Hotsauce First Round Draft Pick

Wow Chauncey with 28 and 19??!?:bounce:
    Ben w/ 17 boards!:thumb:
    Rip w/ 36 points!:faint2:

great game by the starters

15. ojay

ojay Second Round Draft Pick

Zone defense against our bench doesn't mix, other than that, Ben turned it up and shots were falling.

16. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Ben's a good quote.

17. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Vthomp on western offense

If this were the playoffs, or a key, key game, I would worry. But the regular season is a showcase for offense. It is set up that way. If we didn't have a good offense this year, we would not be 16-3 even with better defense than we have shown because with travel and back to backs and all, any purely defensive team would wear out, especially ours that still does not use its bench. It bugs me to see people drive on us, but it is what it is. Its not the playoffs--a long ways away. What worries me is our bench. I love a block by Ben more than a three by Chauncey, but right now, let's get the wins in. Flip, please figure out the bench or Joe make a trade. Let's see Delfino. What are we to do about Darko?

18. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

Darko

Oh I missed his two blocks. SO looks like he definitely has that defensive edge to him but he has got to look like he wants to be in the game even when it's late in the fourth.

Wished we'd get a better look at him, Delfino, JMax, Acker and Johnson.

GO PISTONS!

19. himat

himat Bench Warmer

remember when the team went 0-11 in the second quarter? but at the end we still shot 51%. sheed did great starting off the team and he finished with 19 and 8. Tay was quiet, but he did help the pistons get a good sized lead back when he heated up at the end of the second quarter, rip shot great finished with 36, ben is back he had 17 boards 4 blocks and 3 steals, but billups had 28 and 19, great job.

20. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

the only sad thing that it was antother weak game of our bench.
    what's up with these goggles!?!?