Kirilenko for Tay Straight up?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Dlev59, May 1, 2006.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Sorry, I can't help you with that, but I am sure that you could find a few volunteers.

:hoops:
  2. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

In reality neither would I. Rip may be frustrating me right now, but one thing I know for sure, HE AIN'T GONNA CRY like a lil baby because of a bad game.
  3. buddahfan

Seems like he might be available. 6 weeks until the trading deadline. I still don't see him in a Pistons uniform but one never knows.

Rumors - NBA - Yahoo! Sports
  4. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Doesn't Tay have similar skills to Kirilenko?
  5. buddahfan

I think Kirilenko is a better player. It seems to me that he is stronger, just as good a defender and probably slightly better on offense including being a better passer. He gets to the free throw line more than twice as often as Tay.

But again, I just don't see him playing for us, but then one never knows.

6. mikhail1973

Can Pistons absorb his contract? I think he gets paid to the extent that he'll cripple Pistons possibilities.
  7. buddahfan

You are probably correct on this one. That would be one of the reasons that I don't see it happening. Plus he would mess up our salary pecking order among our players. He is making too much relative to our other players and his skill level does not warrant it.

8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Plus, they'd all be nervous when he's talking to their wives.
  9. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I wouldn't make this trade, but DET without Tay is something I've been thinking about the last few days. How much better would DET be with Caron Butler? Someone like Butler who can quickly take his man 1 on 1 would be the perfect salve to the Pistons offensive woes when pressured. Tay is so long he gallops into the paint. Butler's D would be as effective with some D behind him. I am not diminishing Tay's contributions to their past success in any way, he just kind of duplicates what they already have. I also have no idea if this would work cap wise.

Jefferson for Tay is another interesting one......
  10. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm sure quite a lot of people here would love to see Tay traded for Kirilenko because AK47 is always injured which would mean more PT for Amir. :rolleyes:

and I severely despise RJ. Ever since I saw that celebrity game where he was playing like it was an NBA game and swatting celebrity chicks into the 5th row I always thought he was a tool.
  11. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Does work cap-wise. The Wiz might even do it to get better defensively. Pistons lose length and defense, but get a break you down scorer.

Question is, is Butler a break down scorer if he's the only one of those on the team or is being the third option behind two other guys who can get their own shots what makes him look so good?
  12. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

That is an interesting question. To me DET offers more balanced, spread out scoring. I think he gets more help here. They'd lose length, but I am not sure about D. When is the last time Tay really shut someone down? Going off the top of my head, I'm saying game 1 of the '05 CF against Miami. Tay's D, to me, was always as much about x2 behind him than him.
  13. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Speaking of straight-up.

The most recent short stop in Texas pointed out a couple of glaring insights.
    • Sheed no longer has any excuses for laziness and a no-show for leadership. Obviously, we are talking on court time here and not his problem area with authority levels (from coaches or representative officials). It was quite obvious to the whole basketball world, that a slight bump in doing the right way in using his talents, greatly elevates the pistons (over seven game playoff mode) making them unbeatable. If Flip continues to use the bench and they continue to deliver, this is the toughest team in the NBA.
    • Another glaring fact. They need a continued and consistent effort from their 3 spot. With the current roster and having a bizarre talent mix of multiple backups in every position, it would behoove the organization to get a solid starter from another team. Someone who would bring it every night on an energy scale and a solid 15+ in that slot. A person who has a 3 pt. shot, multiple movements around the circle facing the basket, quickness, nose-for-the-ball, feels comfortable on any floor position and provides a tough match up.
    With the aforementioned degrees of positive attention, and an elevated move from JD, what might fulfill the current need and makes this team solid for future stability?

I propose the following:

Prince and Flip Murray for Mike Miller (Memphis): RealGM: Trade Checker:

Congratulations on a successful trade.

Due to Memphis and Detroit being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Memphis and Detroit had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Possible justifications for a Memphis move:
    • Murray: huge upgrade over a problem area at PG (Stoudamire) as a potential backup and an added benefit for 2 guard upgrade. An expiring contract.
    • Tay brings experience, solid defense, high IQ, and more stability to the ball club (average age: 25.5). With a probable trade involving Gasol; Iavaroni could have a nice nucleus around Prince, Warrick, Conley and Gay.
  14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I like Prince's D on the Pierce's of the NBA.

Plus, he's a captain... and he's young.

He can hit 3's. He's great on the fast break. Mismatch against most teams in the post. Can be used as a ball handler. Doesn't turn it over. He doesn't pout to the coach.
  15. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Love the company men on our team. Owner says he stays.......
  16. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Can I have a reference regarding this comment?
  17. mikhail1973

Tay has Pistons DNA. He has to stay. That's what I say. :gun1:
  18. CHS Ace 12

CHS Ace 12 First Round Draft Pick

hahahaha thats never gonna happen and if it does we will get worse. tay is good and will get better. He's almost as good as AK-47 oon defens and better on offense. Tay will be a star in 2 seasons neways