Knicks dumping salaries to prepare for James

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by LA Dre, Nov 21, 2008.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Crawford to Warriors and Randolph to Clippers

NBA.com: Knicks not done dealing, set to pull off trade with Clippers

2. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Looks like the Knicks have something to thank Zeke for....all that financial flexibility didn't happen by accident. He swapped out the Knicks aging expensive talent for young expensive talent and now they are in a great spot with the moves Walsh made today. So, even though the talent didn't work out on the court they have a great long term flexibility they didn't have with all those dinosaurs on their roster before Thomas' arrival.

3. LA Dre

Who's salary shall we dump once it is determined that the folks we got aren't going get us pass the second round?

Oops sorry for being pessimistic here, but if the Knicks clear enough cap space for two big ballers >James and one of the other big guns, then who may be left to set our sites on in 2010?

Wade, Bosh, Mello, Amare are the other big five available right?

Also with the Clippers having a frontline of Zach, Kaman and Camby, I wonder if they will part with one of the latter two?

4. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

You have to look at the big free agents situations...

Do you really think Lebron James/Chris Bosh/Wade/Etc. will be better off in New York then there are with Cleveland, Toronto, Miami, etc? It's more then just the Benjamin in the NBA, it's the diamond rings.

No...Knicks don't have a good supporting cast. Danilo will suck. He goes and hurts his back and will be out the whole season. Not to mention he was going to go the D-League. A project 6th pick? David Lee and Nate are probably the only interesting piece.

Donnie is just dreaming.

If Clippers really trade for Zach Randolph, their idiots.

Warriors's GM Chris Mullin is an fool too, does he think Warriors need more guards?

5. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

In 2010, the Pistons should have a ton of cap space if they don't make any impact signing/trades in the next 2 seasons. Sheed, AI fall off the books next season, approximately $35M. I think Amir falls off the books in 2010, good for another $3.5M or so. So do Stuck and AA (team option). I think the bigger question is who would be willing to sign w/ the Pistons. Don't see Wade, LBJ, Kobe, Amare. Bosh maybe the only realistic target along w/ lesser stars.

Wouldn't have mattered as much if Joe had made that Darko pick count. We by all rights should have had a homegrown superstar. Pisses me off to this day.

6. Latinoking90

I want the best big man (since good big man are a rarity now and days) which is Chris Bosh. Lebron is nice, but a team can take Lebron led down.

I know every one is mad that Joe Dumars wet his pants when he saw Darko supposedly being amazing in that try out. Darko has been wasted talent. But at least Joe Dumars is trying to fix his error.

One is getting Rodney Stuckey for bascially Carlos Arroyo since Orlando let Darko walk, and second was getting under the cap by a good margin for 2010.

Pistons have bird rights for Amir so we can resign him after signing the big free agent.

7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Crawford is perfect for the Warriors system. He is an up and down chucker, who can get hot and go for 30. He's also able to play the 1 and the 2.

Not a bad trade for Golden State.

8. Pistons Lover

Pistons Lover First Round Draft Pick

The Knicks right now is by far the stupidiest team right now in the game. They are getting ready to trade the best player on their team for Al Harrington. Ugh!!:gaah: They must be out of their minds. Jamal Crawford is the reason that team even win some games on some nights. I just can't believe they are going to get rid of him. I don't even worry myself about all the talk about where LBJ is going to end up because when all falls down, it's his decision and no one else's. If everyone wants LBJ, I wonder what the rest of the team will look like. :confused:

9. Latinoking90

True, but where's the help for Andris Biedrins? Golden State is very guard oriented now they have Jamal Crawford, Anthony Morrow, Corey Maggette, Stephen Jackson, Kelenna Azubuike, among others.

10. LA Dre

Hey PL, we missed you in Chat the last 2 nights.....I agree with you here, Crawford and Zach were the stars of this street ball team and Donnie Walsh got rid of the Wolverine-Spartan connection. I know D' Antoni can't stand Marbury, but I wondering how much he was hatin on Crawford too since I saw him on the bench in crunch time for that game the barely loss vs the Celtics on Tuesday :sssh:

11. Pistons Lover

Pistons Lover First Round Draft Pick

I missed ya too Dre! I'm not going to make the next chat neither. My computer cord is busted so when I get my cord fixed, I'll be back!!

I definitely don't know what is up with D'Antoni. He must be mad that he couldn't have a future with Phoenix. The New York fans should start ragging him big time if he don't get it together.

12. Latinoking90

So Clippers just took on Zach Randolph's contract. Way to fail Clippers!

13. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

why do u have a punk a%% posterboy for thuggs in your link for a signature? LOL

women....i cram 2 understand yall!..........:granade:

14. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

NY can now afford 2 Max players;

Amare/LBJ/Wade/Bosh/Boozer; some combination

15. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Just when Knicks are starting to win they trash it again. Good

16. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

So there is a realistic possibility that the Knicks could get Lebron PLUS Bosh or Kobe or Wade or Amare???

17. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

They had to blowup the team, the previous group was messin up by overachieving, and may have actually made the playoffs this year. D'Antoni doesn't want to be in the playoffs, he wants a lottery pick so he can try to recreate Phoenix in NY.

Also, everyone thinks NY is trying to get LeBron, my bet (though NY would love to get LeBron) is to snag an Amare/Bosh tandem.

18. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Considering Amare's man love for D'Antoni that might very well be possible.

19. LA Dre

Knicks beat wizards tonight 122-117, playing just seven players. The starters who eached averaged 43 mins, scored 116 of their 122 points. Talking about a productive starting unit..

20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Man, I'd hate to see Amare on Lebon's team... unless it is the Pistons.