Knicks dumping salaries to prepare for James

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by LA Dre, Nov 21, 2008.

1. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

ESPN - Daily Dime: LeBron looks comfy in New York - NBA

What an attention whore. Seriously.
  2. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

I do not take negativism here to lebron very seriously: 2010 1st July is lebron free man and can go anywhere.

Yes, you do not have to like lebron as Knick prospect but complaining about it is still extremely pathetic.

Consider this: Knicks are out of sync and possibility lebron as Knicks is the only thing what causes attention in Knicksland and "big" media milks it. It's not lebron's fault that he has EVERY DAY answer to questions what happens after July 1st 2010. Lebron is highly likely ultimately bored from questions like such but he still tries to answer.

I, for instance, found that quote from previos pretty witty - lebron did not say that July 1st 2010 will be big day for Knicks...
  3. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

I could really care less where he ends up, i give the Pistons a 1 percent chance to get him (if that) so it really doesn't effect Detroit directly..... what bothers me is that its going to be overshadowing the NBA for the next 18 months....

It will make the brett farve drama seem like a short TV break.
  4. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Lebron can make this go away simply by saying "I'm a Cavalier right now" Nothing to talk about; Next question". He feeds the media frenzy with his cryptic answers and loaded open ended statements. He likes the attention. Everybody knows it even the Cavalier fans know it. It's disrespectful to his teammates if nothing else esp when he does an interview saying he does not believe the Cavs can win the champisonship along with this gem.

If you watch the way he said it; he basically did the "wink wink" things afterwards. He's not being "witty". He's being a ja.

He is thinking about his "brand" It's why he perpetuates all this; besises his incessant need for attention (his NY Yankees hats; his new NY Knick Shoe, his "dying" to live in NY) In 2010, LBJ is a free man. Last i checked it wasn't 2010 yet.
  5. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

So? Shouldn't you be happy how lebron distracts from his current team?
    Especially if you don't care much of Cavs?
  6. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Yes LOL, but that's not the point.
  7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

The NY media is always looking for a frenzy.
    Now they see the owner has solved nothing with the handling of Starbury.
    D'Antoni can't even talk to Star'.
    Knicks suck and that's how I love it.
  8. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Looks like LeBron doesn't like being called out for his unprofessional nonsense regarding the Knicks:

I'm not sure that going after Charles is going to get anyone off LeBron's back about this.
  9. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

That's actually the worst way he could have handled it. Charles wasn't even the only one. Kenny has been going off about it as well.
  10. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Hopefully someone will get LeBron to listen to them. I'm not sure who could do it...Kobe? LOL, the model teammate and citizen.

Actually, Wade might be the guy who could talk LeBron down on this. He's in that same free agent class, and he has even more reason to leave because his team sucks, but as far as I know he hasn't said much of anything about wanting to go to this city or that city in 2010.
  11. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Has it occurred to anyone that LBJ wins no matter where he plays?

Of course he doesn't care about the fans. His next contract will make him insanely rich, regardless of where he plays, and no matter what, people will cheer him and he will be the toast of the league.

LBJ is playing a game, and being very manipulative. I don't think he is naive about what he is doing. I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't part of a larger marketing strategy.
  12. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

This is true, but does he care about his teammates? Or on the flip side do his teammates even care about this?

However, it's a little strange that he doesn't have any loyalty to CLE or the fans there. It's not just some random place he was drafted too. He grew up there.
  13. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Maybe the only thing that could get him to shut his yap is if some backlash really started kicking in, with him being tarred as a selfish player or a bad guy of some sort, which could hurt his marketability.
  14. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

There are some prerequisites that need to be taken, regardless of channeled outcomes. If you want to be an organizational player than the first step is cap room and an equally binding option of flexibility to add supporting links.

Little is mentioned about career ending (or on hold) injuries happening to any player.

Little is mentioned about other big market cities and not all are in New York.

Little is mentioned on an accompanying cast and what the Owner, GM and Coach can make happen. Money availability does not make you smart and fronting that handicap in hiring brains is what got this country in such a mess.
  15. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

But with the Knicks roscoe?

That team has talent, but it has never translated to wins.
  16. roscoe36

Nothing is constant.
  17. Pistons Lover

Pistons Lover First Round Draft Pick

Change is.
  18. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

What about the Detroit Lions.:help2:
  19. roscoe36

Unbelievably, I long for the days of Joey Blue Skies, when there was a 20% chance of winning in the ugliest possible fashion.
  20. linwood

linwood All-Star

I miss the passion of Charlie Batch. He was never afraid to whip a bullet to a triple covered Johnnie Morton.

Robert Porcher sacked alot of quarterbacks. That was cool.