1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Knicks-Nuggets brawl

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by lurker, Dec 16, 2006.

1. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

That's awesome. Doesn't look like any of my fantasy players were involved. lol

Seriously though, Zeke and Mark Aguirre might have to suit up for the next game.

And Carmello is a punk for sucker punching that guy. 2nd game that got testy tonight. Pistons beat the living day lights out of the Nets.

3. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Carmelo is a Lil "B". If you are man enough to punch someone then be man enough to fight him. Don't run clean to the other end of the court and hide behind your bench and security.

4. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Just saw a few of these highlights...yikes. Apparently Karl was rubbing it in, with the Nuggets up 19 in the last two minutes, but Camby and Carmelo were still out there. Mardy Collins of the Knicks (I'd never heard of him, rookie guard from Temple) committed a thugtastic foul on J.R. Smith, and then it was on. Carmelo threw a crazy punch at Collins and nailed him in the face.

5. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

And I was just talking about how great Melo was the other day. I have lost all respect for him, and so has many of his peers.

It doesn`t matter what I think, but he better watch his back against his opponents. You just don`t sucker punch someone and run.

He just can`t get it right can he??

6. Winless Wonders

I was just thinking about this a little more and realized that Karl and Zeke don't like each other. Back last season Karl made some comments about the New York Knicks and Zeke concerning Lary Brown getting fired. Zeke responded to Karl by basically telling him to mind his own business and keep his name and the Knicks out of his mouth.

So this has been brewing for a while.

7. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

I saw the high----------uh, lowlights and absolutely agree about notsoMello. He better be glad he's not a hockey player.

Nuggets now will be on a 5 game losing streak.:yellowprison:

8. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

I think Mello gets at least 10 games Robinson gets 10 while Collins, Jefferies and Smith get 5 games out. The NBA made an example out of Ronnie they should do the same here.:yellowprison:

9. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Just when it looked like Melo was about to be let into Stern's 'Golden child Club', he gets turned away for being under-age.

He is looking at 10 games easily, I wonder if he will now be snubbed for an all-star berth?

He just can't completely shrug his thug bevahiour that left him in the dust of lebron and wade in his first year. And now that he is almost back being mentioned in the same breath of those two he does this.

What an idiot. I mean, who needs help defending themselves from Nate Robinson? Really.

That Mardy Collins looks like a punk though, he just stared down JR Smith after that terrible foul. What is he trying to prove?

10. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Melo, ooops, or should I start calling him 'COWARD', should not be in the All Star game after this, doesn't matter if Stern only suspend him 5 or 10 games. Instead of being a role model, he has become a THUG.

A thug in an All Star game???

11. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Collins Takedown of Smith

I only saw one angle of this play and it looked to me like Collins was trying to bring Smith down, which he did, by forearming Collins at both shoulders. This was certainly not near as bad as what Malone did to Zeke in Utah that one night or what the Celtics used to do to everyone all the time.

On a Bab Boy Bill scale this would be about a 4 - 5 at best. In my opinion Smith deserved to be taken down on this play. It was clear that here he was on a breakaway up by 20 points on the road with less than 2 minutes to go and he was going to slam it in the Knicks face on their home court.

Karl should be suspended for 10 games for leaving his starters in.

Anthony for 10 + for the punch.

It remains unclear to me how Zeke could have ordered that take down foul on the breakaway play before hand. He had no way of knowing that Smith was going to get a breakaway, much less be a jerk and try and show up the Knicks in front of their home fans by slaming it like he was in the slam dunk contest, which everone is sure he would have done if he hadn't been fouled by Collins. And certainly Zeke didn't yell out for Collins to take him down during the play as everyone would have heard that.

This is just going to be another case of Zeke getting raked over the coals, unfairly, by the main stream press, which will hate him even after he is dead.

Sorry but that is how I feel about it. When you try and show up a team in front of their home fans and wipe their faces in the dirt of a humuliating home court defeat you deserve whatever the losers can give out by attempting to save some face. This is especially true in New York where everyone knows that the fans have been merciless in their booing and berating of the Knicks play this year.

Zeke was wrong the day he walked off the court without shaking Michael's hand. He was not wrong yesterday, even if he did order that foul, which I doubt.

:stirthepot:

12. buddahfan

Brown and Karl are both North Carolina alumni.

13. buddahfan

Nice picture in the NY Post.

It looks more like

1. WWF with a Collins about to apply the takedown
    2. Two drunks leaving the court with one trying to hold up the other.
    3. A poor imitation of roller derby action

Some other things which I won't post. LOL

New York Post Online Edition:

:hoops:

14. roscoe36

Another great post buddhafan.

Man, those NY rags really like to play it up.
    "FURY & FISTS IN GARDEN OF UGLY"

15. roscoe36

From Yahoo Sports

Counterpunch to Commish - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

16. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

:laugh: Actually Nate seemed to be playing the role of Stephen Jackson from the Palace brawl. It got crazy at first, but then he jacked things up by flying in and swinging wildly all over the place.

17. buddahfan

18. bezeach

bezeach First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

19. Winless Wonders

I think the media blows this type of stuff way out of proportion. Stain on the league?? Come on. In the late 80's early 90's there used to be 3 or 4 fights a year. That's how heated rivalries were built. The only thing that was bad was that these guy's ended up in the crowd again. The league will hand out there suspensions and righty so but these are grown men playing a emotional physical sport. No matter how steep the fines or suspensions you are going to have an altercation from time to time.

Perhaps the league should move the fans further back from the action. Fans can get hurt from a guy falling into the crowd to save a loss ball just as much from a flying fist.

20. easybuckets

easybuckets First Round Draft Pick

A fight among the players is one thing, but players attacking the fans was much worse. And it sounds like the hard foul was Zeke's idea. I feel most of the blame belongs to the Knicks. The good news is maybe the Palace incident will stop getting so much media coverage. No one was seriously hurt so this is not the end of the world. Maybe the NBA should offer training in good sportsmanship. I don't feel that more than a five game suspension is warranted. And if Zeke instigated the flagrant foul, then he should be suspended too.