Knicks-Nuggets brawl

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by lurker, Dec 16, 2006.

1. max

max All-Star

I agree with Winless. No matter how much they try and control the games these things are going to happen. And they used to happen a lot more.

I can imagine all the junk calls by the refs now. What new Stern rules will we have to endure? Hire a couple of bodyguards to help the refs break up fights before they escalate if they are that concerned about it.
  2. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Good posts Buddha. Rally 'round the family.
    I think Stern gives Karl a good taking to.
    Nates foul was clean. Were as Ron Rons was stupid---they were winning.
  3. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Nate didn't foul anyone; that Mardy Collins guy put a thug headlock on J.R. Smith for the initial foul. After some pushing and shoving, Nate flew in and started swinging.
  4. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Why should Zeke be suspended? This is no different than a coach calling for the intentional foul when a team is behind. I highly doubt Zeke called for the foul during the game but this is a Zeke team and he has preached time and time again you don't get disrespected in your house.

I think you have to look at Karl's motive. You are up 20 pts had been up by as many as 30. Why is Melo, Camby, JR Smith, Miller and Najera on the floor? All 5 of those guy's are starters.

You also have to remember Zeke is from a different generation of player. Those players back in the day took the game and winning seriously.
    Most guy's these days don't care if they win or lose as long as they get there check and can go to the club get their drink on and get some girls after the game. This is a generation of player where Sheed and Jermaine O'Neal watch boxing together and have dinner the night before a playoff game. In Zeke's generation you shook your friends hand and did not speak to him again until the series was over. He was the enemy.
  5. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Not always...Isiah and Magic had the famous on-court kiss thing, but I read that they would also drop each other off after the games (i.e. whoever was playing at home would drive the other one to his hotel).
  6. easybuckets

easybuckets First Round Draft Pick

Ordering that hard foul when you have already lost the game is stupid and wrong. The Knicks will get respect when they learn to play better, not because they commit a stupid flagrant fouls for some kind of weird sense of honor? Is this a sport or the Mafia? Poor sportsmanship has no place in professional sports. The Knicks get no respect from me for their macho, pointless, immature display of brute force. Zeke needs to be less concerned about who the opposition has on the floor, and more concerned about teaching his own team to play better. What if JR Smith had been seriously injured? If Zeke ordered that hit, he should be suspended along with his players. Or maybe Zeke should be a hockey coach???
  7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

My bad D4E, too many names for me to follow.
  8. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Interesting how the media has managed to successfully pull all the attention off of Anthony's sucker punch. Of course this in keeping with Stern's policy of protecting the stars, just like Kobe's victim was ostrocized by the press to pull the attention off of his dastardly act. After all he was and is married.

Like I posted before that foul was maybe or 4 or 5 on the Bad Boy Bill scale and probably only a 2 or 3 on the Ricky M. scale of hard fouls.

Regardless of what the foul was on Smith, Anthony was totally in the wrong throwing the sucker punch and then running away like a girl. If you are going to sucker punch someone at least be man enough to hang around and see if your victim is going to get up and then go from there.

Anthony, just another one of Stern's very wealthy spoiled brats

:gun1:
  9. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

EasyB, it's unwritten code, you show me up at my house and anything goes.
    Karl broke the unwritten rule. Baseball has them too.
    But yeah, the league has done it's part to curtail this kind of uglyness.
  10. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Buddha it's possible Melo was just looking for punching room. I would've.
  11. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I don't know how long you have watched basketball but the hard foul has been around a long time way before Zeke's playing days. So are you saying the Jordan Rules were wrong? It is just a written rule that you don't give up easy uncontested dunks you make a guy earn it at the line. You also don't show a team up in their house. If you drive through the lane you are going to pay a price. That is just the way it is.

By your logic you are saying that the Jordan Rules are wrong and that we should just let Wade drive to the basket untouched and score at will. Giving that hard foul makes a guy think twice before driving to the basket among the trees and also makes a guy think twice about trying to show up another team.
  12. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

The "protect our house" thing is pretty weak in the first place, but especially in this instance. How about not getting your a$%es kicked at home in the first place, Knicks? Then maybe you'll have a leg to stand on.
  13. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

14. easybuckets

easybuckets First Round Draft Pick

It is 2006 not 1989, and the Jordan rules were helpful in their day. They were meant to keep MJ from scoring by a team that went on to win back to back ships. The NBA rules have changed and the Knicks are hardly a contender for anything right now.(last year they were a contender for the circus team of the NBA) I know Melo is not a good fighter, but this is basketball not boxing. Perhaps coaches could send their players to the Kronk gym, so they could learn how to punch, like Kocer and Probert.
  15. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I don't see how Isiah can be found at fault. How would you determine that? Collins won't say that he was told to by Isiah. Also it was an ugly tackle warranting a flagrant 2 but its better than letting him get in the air and pounding him...thats when people get hurt.

The League will determine that Isiah did not order a hit and this whole investigation is just smoke and mirrors to do some damage control.
  16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Isiah did actually order a hit. His players misinterpreted and thought that he just wanted them to just give a hard foul. That will be his defense.
  17. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Kermit has been trying to live that down for 20 years, he's mostly innocent.
  18. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Guess it depends on whether he really told Nuggets players to stay away from the basket. And whether anyone comes clean. And of course whether he really did it or not. Coaches shouldn't be talking to opposing players.

My POV is that Isiah was a thug when he played and still seems to be one. Maybe a little more time spent putting a team on the floor that doesn't get blown out rather than worrying about the opposition playing the whole game might be the better course of action.
  19. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Wren't they missing 2 starters due to injury? Or prison?
  20. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

who would come clean? The guy barely hanging onto the league? Is the NBA going to put him in a stoolie protection program?