1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Knicks-Nuggets brawl

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by lurker, Dec 16, 2006.

1. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Stern is a joke. His constant pandering to be the #1 sport is pathetic. The NBA will never over take Football. If Stern really was concerned about the game there is only one thing he needs to do to stop fights from getting out of hand. Heavily suspend anyone who is a third man and beyond that jumps into a fight or altercation. By heavily suspend I mean 25 games.

It is crazy to me that these players claim they are defending there teammates. Unless they are getting beat down two on one or Shaq just dropped kicked Earl Boykins into the 10 row their is no reason to jump into a one on one altercation.

If this rule was in effect Mardy Collins and JR Smith would have had words and shoved eachother the refs would have got there and seperated them and that would have been the end of it. Mardy would have gotten his lame flagrant 1 foul and it would have been the end of it.

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

What's kinda lost in all of this, is that JR Smith was going for another highlight dunk when he got hard fouled. And I watched it several times, that was a safe hard foul. Rough, but not meant to injure.

If JR Smith, a known malcontent keeps his cool on the hard foul, this never happens.

Again folks, physical play is allowed, and I did not see an attempt by Collins to hurt the other player. When we played on ashphalt, it was much rougher and blood was drawn but no fist fights ever broke out.

And I agree with Zeke, that if someone is going to keep showing you up in your house, they should expect what they have coming to them.

Maybe I am a philistine, but I am also a born and bred Bad Boys fan and will not apologize for that.

3. easybuckets

easybuckets First Round Draft Pick

Grabbing a player Around the neck and throwing him to the floor, is more than a hard foul.

4. roscoe36

Watch the replay again.

5. Winless Wonders

Roscoe

The bottom line is no one likes Isiah. So it is all his fault. A similar event happened in the NFL a couple of years ago with T.O. Remember how he spiked the ball on the Dallas star in the center of the field? The second time he tried to do it again and he got speared. Everybody praised the guy that drill T.O. and thought they should have beaten him to a bloddy pulp. A similar scenario in which one guy is trying to showboat and everybody forgets.

6. Winless Wonders

Watch the repaly and don't go by the slowmotion or still photo which makes it look worse. In real time he grabs to prevent the ball from going up and then lets go. JR Smith seemed to flop to the ground making it look worse.

7. easybuckets

It was probably a flagrant 2. A hard foul would be running into him, not grabbing him around the neck. Raja Bell got suspended during the playoffs for his clothesline on Kobe. Also the Knicks committed a hard foul at the end of their previous game. Is this going to be their new game plan? Beat the you know what out of an opposing player every time they lose? How would we feel if one of these pointless hard fouls were committed against one of our starters, and took them out for the season? And I still think the respect in our house business is a joke. I realize men think this stuff is important, but it's pointless if it doesn't help win games. I think the coaches should act like adults and set an example for the much younger players. I also think NY started the whole mess and Denver is getting the worst of the punishment as it involves two of their top scorers. The punishment is way too severe. Stern is a nerd. They fight in football, hockey, soccer,and baseball, whats the big deal???? Isiah was wrong to talk to Camby and Anthony, and his apology on camera after the game was a huge joke. Anthony had enough manners to apologize. Zeke and Nate should apologize too.

8. easybuckets

PS. I have always adored Isiah, so don't call me a hater!

9. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

-------------
    Good post WW
    But---you can't stand around and not throw when everyone else is thumping. You'll get a bad rep. And what's more important: having a rep. or having guys in your lockerroom look at you like you're soft. :nerd2:

10. roscoe36

After watching the foul several times, it was a Flagrant 1. Flagrant 2 was an after brawl overreaction by the worst officials in pro sports.

That was a very clean hard foul, 20 years ago, it wouldn't even have been a flagrant, and Smith would have picked himself up, shot some trash talk at Collins and ran back up the court.

The wussification of the NBA is ridiculous.

I posted on TrueHoop.com that there was no reason for karl to put Camby in when his team was up so much with so little time left. It was petty and sparked the entire encounter. When Collins came in for Marbury, that was Karl's clue to pull his starters and enjoy the victory.

A quote from Red Auerbach...

11. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

EasyB you are really coming across as professional, logical and feminine. This is nutso guy stuff.
    Now go ahead and release. I want to hear from you how someone should've grabed a chair.

12. easybuckets

What do you mean be release? Don't you know that feminine professional logical people can love the Pistons? However if you are going to be suspended fior 15 games, you should make that foul count. Kinda like the ones that Meatball Shaq gets away with. I wouldn't mind seeing someone punch Shaq and knock him cold. He has pounded other players for too long, with impunity. I don't like the BIG FELLA. He is a conceited windbag, and his biggest skill is using his 300 plus pounds to push the other players around. The diesel needs to go down.

13. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

That's what I'm talkin' about.
    Unfortunately there's not much one guy can do to the Diesel.

14. roscoe36

Thee, try telling that to Jerry Stackhouse.

15. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Back to my nutso guy point.

16. detteam

detteam All-Star

definition from the David Stern NBA unabridged dictionary of penis envy

wussification [wous a fik a shun] 1. to make traditionally competitive games more feminine 2. to chastize physical contact in games because you never had the nads 3. to impose rules to a game because YOU CAN in hoping to glorify yourself while praying that no one is looking 4. to force your underlings to make concessions to your golden boys 5. to kiss corporate asses and make plain to the world that your only interest is money
    antonyms Bill Laimbeer, Charles Barkley, Rick Mahorn, Robert Parrish

17. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Dead on f4t

18. linwood

linwood All-Star

The four players listed as the antonym of wussification are 4 of my six all time favorites. Put Ben Wallace and Dennis Rodman in there, and you have all the bases covered!

19. detteam

detteam All-Star

I'll go along with Rodman, but Ben doesn't really fit in with that group of bad azzes...he's too much of a nice guy. ;)

20. linwood

linwood All-Star

Someone has to send out the Christmas cards!
    :)