Knicks-Nuggets brawl

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by lurker, Dec 16, 2006.

1. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

The players association would never go for that. Also teams know that altercations occasionaly happen and they do not want to be without their players and extended amount of time. I think that's why when you see these guy's get into to it they throw open handed fists or shove each other around to avoid throwing real punches. That is a loophole the league needs to close.
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

It is kinda in every contract. The league reserves the right to deal out penalties for misconduct.

When you get suspended, you lose a game's pay. When you get a technical, you get fined. Team's can also deal out "discipline".

This is a big stink right now between the Player's Association and League. All of those "no crying" technicals under Zero Tolerance, dealt out earlier this year cost the players thousands and thousands of dollars.

The PA doesn't like that the league can claw back money through fines at their own discretion behind the guise of "enforcing" ambiguous rules.
  3. max

max All-Star

I know what you saying. In the entire history of the NBA the only time fans got physical with the players was when the players went into the stands swinging. As long as the players stay on the court things will be fine.

This is a good point. I would imagine the league gets more than enough from the yearly franchise dues, or whatever they pay, so perhaps they can donate the proceeds from fines to charity.
  4. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

There have been times where fans have gotten physical with players. Remember the Allen Iverson incident at the Palace when some goof ball hit him in the head with a quarter? Barkley had numerous incidents both on and off the court with fans. Most of the on court issues he handled correctly off the court well lets just say he beat the pulp out of them. Also there have been other incidents involving verbal abuse of the players from fans.

The Pacer incident was the only one where you had two combustible personlities " nutcases" involved where they felt they had the right to swing on people because someone did something to them. If you act perfessional like Iverson point the guy out to security and have him escourted out then there is no disruption to the game and no one is hurt. That is the right way to hand it.
  5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I finally saw the fight on YouTube.
    I liked the Melo punch!
    Collins or whomever was still jawing and Melo shut his mouth down. Period. Nice practice.
    As for Jeffeys trying to get a piece of Melo, I'm glad he was never able to engage. Cause if Melo chills him out too, how is the league going to say anything to him then?
    His new name might be "Two in one Night".
    Hockey teams might want to hire him.
  6. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

His sprint after the sucka' punch was impressive as well. I heard the first 40m where he ran off like a coward, he broke 4 seconds. We could use him on the Lions.
  7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

His work was done ...
    Jeffreys might want a match.