1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Kobe wants a trade, unless The Logo comes back

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Dumars4Ever, May 28, 2007.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Local LA times beat writer J.A.Adande advises that if Mitch Kupcake sees the area code 212 pop up on his caller Id he will not answer it. :laugh:

2. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I doubt Kobe would go to the Celtics. If they trade Pierce and everything, but the kitchen sink to get Kobe who will he play with? It will be like playing for the Lakers all over again.

The teams that seem to have the juice to get a deal done in the East would be Chicago, Detroit and New York.

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

According to WDFN, Kobe later today went on the Dan Patrick show and said he doesn't want to be traded.

Go figure.

4. Winless Wonders

If the Pistons don't win it all I expect Joe to make a big move. The Lakers are very high on Jordan Farmer. This is why Kobe is so mad. They rather keep Farmer than go out and get Kidd. No matter what the Lakers do they are not going to get value for Kobe.

Kobe averages 5 to 6 assists a game. You can get away with an average to below average point guard with Kobe on the roster if there are other legit threats on the floor.

5. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Kobe is a lot like Brett Favre. Both have won championships. Both are MVP players. Both have a huge public following. Brett recently said he would retire, only to change his mind. Rumors of his dissatisfaction with the rebuilding process in Green Bay makes one think of Kobe. Especially with the trade rumors that swirled around Brett. Both certainly are primadonnas...Both lost their big men (Shaq...Reggie White) and the teams were never the same............

6. Winless Wonders

Phil Jackson talked to Kobe and has calmed him down a bit from the trade me stance. We will see what happens.

7. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

So he's been back-pedalling for the rest of the day, and apparently he told an L.A. radio station "I don't want to go anywhere, this is my team" or something along those lines. WHATEVER. One doesn't have to defend the ineptitude of the Lakers front office to point out that Kobe has been handling this with a level of immaturity that's reaching into T.O. territory.

8. adpreston1988

adpreston1988 First Round Draft Pick

If Kobe Bryant is traded to the Eastern Conference the 3 biggest superstars in the NBA will all be in the East.

1) Kobe Bryant -
    2) Dwayne Wade - Miami
    3) LeBron James - Cleveland

Unless Bryant goes to the Pistons it would be VERY bad for Kobe to come to the Eastern Conference. The Pistons already have their hands full w/ Miami and Cleveland right now. If Kobe goes to a team like Chicago that would be DOOMSDAY for Detroit Basketball.

Don't forget what happened to the "BAD BOYS". Michael Jordan got beat by them 2-3 times before finally sweeping them in the 1991 playoffs and leading the Bulls to 6 NBA Championships and complete dominance in the Eastern Conference.

Right now the Pistons are trying to fight off LeBron James and Dwayne Wade for the throne of the Eastern Conference. If you add Kobe Bryant to the mix (who is a lot better than either Wade or James) the Pistons will crumble

9. LA Dre

Kobe is going no where. He has three rings and yes he would like more, espcially since Shaq has four, but he also wants to be da man or the big man on campus. Yesterday in LA he was the man. In fact he was the man all over the USA. His crying managed to dominate the ESPNews, Sportscenter, ATH, PTI ,NBA TV, the local radio stations, Steven A Smith and Dan Partrick radio shows and the NBA pregame, the halftime and the post game comments for the Spurs/Jazz massacre.

He even got the 2nd or 3rd lead stories of the night on our numerous local 11:00 newscasts out here in So Cal and then the first coverage on the sports segment. Now mind you that the Ducks won the second game on the Stanley Cup finals last night and both the Angels and Dodgers won and are in first place of their respective divisions, but Kobe got 2 mins and the three teams each got a 20 seconds of oh by the way.

Local feedback from the LA streetfans was: "Selfish, let him go", "there are no lakers w/o Kobe" and "I will support the team if he leaves" "We need more players...trade him"

He is out of the playoffs, but he still managed to hear his named called multiple times yesterday as if he had scored 81 points and then in the end backed off "trade me" tirade by acting selfish and putting his team's management in precarious position. Now I have to admit that Mitch Kupcake is no Jerry West, so he does have a point there.

10. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Yeah this was the first team I came up with in terms of terrifying possibility. Ben Gordon with the beautiful rainbow shot to the Lakers, with whoever else to make the deal, maybe even Nocioni.

Kobe would just be a deadly 2 in that Bulls scenario with the defense he plays.

Man.

11. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You know, deals with the devil don't always work out badly.

Really.

12. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

Worked for Robert Johnson.

13. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

If I'm the Lakers I take Tyrus Thomas, Ben Gordon, Noccioni, and the Knicks Pick from the Bulls.

14. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Chad Ford is reporting a possible deal being discussed with Lakers and Indy:

Odom, Bynum, and the #19 pick for Jermaine O'neal

Ford adds that the Pacers are also willing to throw in either Tinsley, Murphy, or Marquis Daniels for Kwame Brown's expiring contract.

This is an intriguing prospect.

15. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
  16. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Excellent for Indy..............

Bad for LA.............

When O`Neal goes down the second time during the season, Kobe will go off!!!!!!!!!!!

17. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    LA needs more than oft-injured O'Neal. They have Kobe and Odom and nothing else. They need lots of help. I think Kobe realizes that it may take a few years for them to be able to assemble a competing squad and he's not willing to wait.

18. Winless Wonders

LA is getting hosed on this deal. All of that for Jermaine O'Neal? Can we get that much for Sheed? I would part with Sheed with the quickness if we could get Odom, Bynum and the 19th pick. Perhaps we can wisper sweet nothings in LA's ear and they take Nazr too.

We then would have a young starting Center in Bynum to build around.
    We then would have the 15th, the 19th and the 27th pick in the first round. We could then package two of those picks to move up to secure our future PG and then get a PF or a SG/SF to come off the bench.

19. LA Dre

Local sources and ESPN guy Ric Bucher indicates that Kobe would love to go to the Suns, Knicks and Bulls with the latter probably having the best shot.

I am thinking the lakers would love to take Ben Gordon, Loul Dang and maybe tyrus Thomas, but that would then devastate the Bulls and Kobe would have the same issue he has in LA now.

The only way the Pistons could pul it off would have to be a S & T with Billups and send Rip and some draft picks with him....

20. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

My Lord, La Dre, do you really think the Bulls would have to give up all three of those guys to end up with Kobe? I mean I know Kobe is a great player, but that's two starters and a starter for their future? I don't think they'll give up that much.