Kobe wants a trade, unless The Logo comes back

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Dumars4Ever, May 28, 2007.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Dr Buss finally realizes that not getting Garnett, O'Neal or Artest means that Kobe, Turiaf, Radominich, and Fisher will not be enough to get a ring or even get past the second round. They trailed most of yesterday's game by 15 points before making it respectable...of course it was an preseason game but who cares...Laker diehearts do believe me and they are concerned..

With that being said>> Kobe and Mihm for Rip, Nazr, Flip, Dupree and 2nd round draft pick 2013...Ok I realize that is not enough...If I were Buss I would turn it down too. May have to throw in Tay or Max too and I know none of you would agree to that.....:)

2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

You're basically proposing Rip + Tay + salary burdon for Kobe + Mihm... that seems like a fair trade. Probably still better for us. The Lakers would get Hollywood Hamilton though, and Tay would go back to his hometown.

We'd have the best starting lineup in bball still and a potentially good bench.
    Billups/ Stuckey
    Kobe/ Afflalo
    Maxiell/Hayes
    Dyess/ Amir
    Sheed/ Mihm

.... wait a minute. I see what you're doing. You're trying to get all of your favorite Pistons to go to LA and stick us with that ball hog Kobe.

3. LA Dre

Didn't think about that scenario but of course I would still be pulling for my original homeboyz Pistons. Tay and Rip would get some sentimental cheers from me if I ever show up at any Laker Games:sssh:

As far as ballhog Kobe goes he would be limited to just taking the combined average shots per game last year of Rip and Tay about (30 maybe):)

4. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Lakers best player in order.

1. Kobe
    2. Odom - You didn't mention
    3. Walton - You didn't mention
    4. Crittenton - You did mention
    5. Everyone else

If Odom is healthy the Lakers are a definite playoff team.

:hoops:

5. LA Dre

Yeah I know Walton and Odom will help out, and they will make the playoffs, but how long are the local Laker fans going to take second round exits...??

6. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Kobe leaves in 2 years. Dr. Buss just wants something so he'll look at all offers. Doesn't want to get nothing when the contract runs out. Dumars will listen.

Kobe, Mihm, and Phil Jackson for Rip, Nazr, Tayshaun, and Flip Saunders.:stirthepot:

7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

We can't let the Lakers rip us off like this.

8. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Is the increasingly ridiculous Kobe "should I stay or should I go" soap opera finally coming to an end?

9. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

I hope something happens after all this media hoopla from Mark Stein and others. I think it would make the NBA more interesting to see Kobe on a different team. The Lakers are gonna want A LOT. Players, draft-picks, first-born children, coupons to Chuck E. Cheese.

Imagine if he went to Chicago? Wow, that would really be something. That would change the balance of things in the NBA fo sho.

I didn't really read back through all the possible Pistons trade scenarios but I think the Lakers would most certainly want Amir Johnson to be involved in any trade. But I think having Kobe on a Pistons team would run counter to Joe D's philosophy of team ball. Kobe is simply not a team player from what I've seen and I'm not sure he can become one. In that respect, Jordan was a much better player because he finally listened to Jackson on that issue.