[Kowalski] Williams' Days Numbered

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by roscoe36, Sep 6, 2006.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Column: Days numbered unless Williams makes drastic changes

Wednesday, September 06, 2006By Tom Kowalski

ALLEN PARK -- Mike Williams' days are numbered -- 237 to be exact.

As the situation stands right now, the Detroit Lions wide receiver will probably be cut on June 1 of next year in a salary cap move. There are two reasons why Williams wasn't recently tossed out the door like his buddy Charles Rogers: One, Williams was too expensive to cut and, two, head coach Rod Marinelli hasn't given up on him yet.

Time is running out on Williams to make a positive impression on Marinelli and the coaching staff. This isn't a situation where Williams can spin his wheels during the regular season and then hope to rehabilitate his image with hard work and intensity during next year's off-season workouts.
  2. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Wow, if Mike Williams is cut next year that will be 3 of the last 4 top 10 picks they've cut. That is INEXCUSABLE!

I understand that not all 1st rounders pan out. BUT THREE OF FOUR TOP TEN PICKS?!?!?! :mad2:

Now Millen will have to draft 2 more WR's with his first pick to replace them.

I think things are going to get ugly this season. If the Lions start out poorly, which lets face it, is likely, the fans might actually storm the field.
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

3 out of 6.

Harrington
    Rogers
    R. Williams & Kevin Jones
    M. Williams
    Sims
  4. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Jones was a late 1st rounder, I was only talking about top 10 picks.

I didn't include Sims in that because its too soon to know what'll happen with him. My guess is career ending injury.