Kurt Thomas

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by lpgrl26, Dec 14, 2007.

1. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

What do you think it would take to get him from SEA? IMO, he's exactly what we need. Good defender, rebounder, plays tough.

I'm not sure if he's on the block, but he is a free agent after this season.

edited to add;
    I'd say it would take min away from Amir, but it's become painfully obvious he will not play ever.
  2. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I don't think he's an upgrade over what we already have- so there is no need to get him.
  3. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Agree. No point.
  4. j4321r

j4321r Second Round Draft Pick

I think Kurt Thomas would be great for the Pistons. His style of play is likely to fit in with the Pistons. Kurt Thomas would roughly duplicate McDyess, which would allow McDyess and Rasheed to play fewer minutes and be fresher for the playoffs. (How fresh is McDyess going to be this year when he is averaging 31 minutes?) Kurt Thomas is good at defending larger PFs and Cs. In particular he known for his very good defense against Tim Duncan. Kurt Thomas is a big upgrade as a #4 big man over Amir Johnson or Brezec.

Let's hope the Pistons can get him because other teams will be interested.
  5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Mark Stein on ESPN mentioned that the Sonics would be willing to part with Thomas if someone made them an offer they couldn't refuse. They are not going anywhere and need youth to build for next season. I would rather have Wilcox, but I see Thomas being an upgrade over Primo even though he is 35 years old.

We could still develop AJ and play him 10-15 minutes a night, but if two of our bigs are in serious foul trouble, I would say KT could come in there and give us some boards and possibly some interior D. He is averaging 7.2 pt and almost 9.5 boards this season in 25 mins. We already know the Samb is going to spend most of the season in the D league or in a nice suit behind the bench.

Send Primo and Murray to Seattle for Kirk Thomas and then sign FA Earl Boykins to take Murrays spot on the bench so in case Stucky gets injured again we got someone younger than Hunter and less erratic.
  6. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

But why sonics would want this deal? salary isn't big problem there, so Brezec's and flipjr contracts don't matter. Draft pickts, yes, but those from pistons will be insanely late picks...Sorry, but dumars has nothing to offer for sonics. It takes two(or more) to have a sex.
  7. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I agree that he would be a nice complimentary player for the Pistons. I've always liked him.

But can't think of a realistic scenario to get him.
  8. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Because there are none. We don't need another player, we just need to get the most of what we already have.