1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Away L.A. Lakers Sunday Nov 4 2012

Discussion in 'November 2012' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2012.

1. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Any Pistons games on TV over here is a bless to me and I was happy while watching the game since I'd known what's going to come out. Could be that I ain't knowing basketball, could be that I'm too old to get excite, could be that I ain't got Pistons game on my TV screen for a looooong while. I was just laid back to watch the game played out and got lots of fun by not think at all. You know what, to watch that WTF look all over Kobe's face when re-entered the game at Q4 was the greatest moment of the game.

2. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

rotation: Knight, English, Singler, Monroe, Drummond are the starters.

Stuckey, Daye, JJ, JMAX, (Drummond or Monroe) for the bench.

Kravtsov plays if Drummond or Monroe get into foul trouble. Never play JJ, Daye, or Tay at PF. Ever. Never. Think there is a song out these days that covers the subject. Never. Ever.

This leaves Tay as an outstanding 11th man. And actually, an organized, working roster. Middleton rounds out the dressed 12.

3. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

As much as I like joining in on the TP hate, he is one of the better players on our roster. But he must just be fed up with playing for this team. We all hate on his back down, but when there are no cuts or picks set, and all our players are taking a breather on the weakside with no passing lanes, there is really not much he can do. Lets not forget that he was the second most efficient finisher at the rim last year after Dwight Howard. If there is movement which allows open lanes for Prince, he is deadly at the rim. The problem is that there are no lanes at the moment. He isn't a 35mpg guy anymore. But I would happily have him as a 20mpg 6th man.

Singler is average. And the potential just isn't there. I would personally rather JJ on the floor to start for the hustle. But I agree with Dre/English/Moose/BK as the other starter. If we are even going to be taken seriously by other teams, we need perimeter threats, and people who can score inside to create positioning problems for defence. With Dre in the paint, BK and English can gamble on the wings and not get totally torched for it.

What I want to see is a weakside pick by Dre in the low post for English to hook round and pop the corner 3. Can even run double picks with Monroe. Also some high/low post action with cuts through the key. I'm not seeing any real runs made by this team and it makes me unhappy.

coynejeremy and linwood like this.
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

So far Singler has played 22 minutes of pro basketball and has shot over 70% TS. Some against starters and some against bench players. Might want to see if he can maintain it off the bench for a while. I'm really surprised that he's getting any PT at all this year actually... but so far he's making something out of his limited opportunity.

What makes it worse is that every time he scored, the Lakers announces referred to him as Jerebko.

By the way, Tay is the Pistons scoring leader for the 2013 season so far... that's how bad this is.

5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Looks good.

Actually, you can dress 13 this year. Let Charlie put on his warmups....please....

6. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

How come the Pistons only pass Drummond the ball when he's 20' from the basket?

7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Because that is how far he shoots every shot.

linwood likes this.
  8. linwood

linwood All-Star

Because the young fella has to learn, "if it ain't rough..."

BallDon'tLie and roscoe36 like this.
  9. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Stuff

One, I put JJ in the 2nd unit because he is a strong rebounder at the 3, complimenting JMAX's poor rebounding. Having JJ in the first unit, at the 3, probably would work - but can Singler than help out JMAX on the 2nd unit?

Tay is a poor starter these days. But there are opportunities to play him, particularly when we can get a mismatch for him near the basket, where he would clearly help us.

Yes, I noticed there have been 13 dressed for each game. I was wondering if that was permanent. (I think last year they started with more dressed just to begin the season.

10. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It's a new rule that kicked in last February. A team can dress 13 guys but only 12 can play.

11. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

I haven't seen PopcornMachine.net before. +1 to you for information.

roscoe36 likes this.
  12. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

We used to be all about Popcorn Machine at one point around here, maybe 5 years ago.

13. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Lee has to be the happiest man in the world about this. Happier than all of those 13th men even.

14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It's the only source that I know of that let's you check the match ups.

Looks like it might be run by a Lakers fan though... so the numbers might be fudged.