L.A. Times reporting that Kobe is league MVP

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by ggazoo69, May 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

I'll have to go with this post as the one that solves the issue for me.:)
  2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I can't stand Kobe, so that solves the issue for ME! :hand::crossed:

I think Paul has done an incredible job. That team came out of nowhere.
  3. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

They won one more game than the Hornets!

CP3 has no jump shot, he can`t do anymore than score 20 a night, wow, you act like scoring 20 a night and leading the league in assists is a bad thing. He shot a higher % than Kobe this year with no jumper. I guess that means he got to the basket more than Kobe then, no?

So what you are saying here is, the Hornets have more talent than the Lakers, thus, CP3 didn`t have very much to do with their winning this year. Is that it?

I am done with this discussion. Kobe will ore than likely win the MVP, however, there are many fans out there, including on this forum who believes that Paul will be robbed.

The Lakers were expected to be a playoff team at least, with Kobe anything less would be unacceptable. The Hornets were perhaps expected to challenge for the 8th seed in the west, thanks to the ecellent coaching of Byron Scott and the leadership of CP3 they challenged for the best record in the WC.

If the Lakers didn`t acquire Gasol I wonder where Kobe would be in the MVP voting now? You may not want to admit it, but Gasol will play a huge part in Kobe winning this award. He was instrumental to the Lakers gaining the best record in the West, whether he was there for a third of the season or the entire season. Lamar Odom is one of the more versatile big men in the league and Derek Fisher has three rings, so your arguement about the lack of talent the Lakers have is weak.
  4. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Kobe is the MVP who made more value, can't you see the difference between L.A. and NOR. ?
    I say CP3 was robbed by L.A.
  5. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

...with Bynum missing 45 games and Gasol missing fifty. With only one of those two in the lineup, Bryant's supporting cast is no better than Paul's; absent both, it's significantly worse.
    The Hornets put a damn good supporting cast around Paul and he couldn't even win more games than the mismatched and hobbled crew the Lakers put around Bryant.

Look, kid, you have a lot of work to do on this argumentative style of yours. The one thing you never do when distorting your opponent's words is lose your temper.

I said his jumpshot isn't reliable enough for him to be a high-volume scorer at high efficiency. Perhaps you don't want to admit that, but it's true. He certainly does get to the basket more than Kobe does. That's one of the major flaws in Kobe's game.

Kobe's a chucker. He's also lacking as a leader. He's also a rapist. None of that is sufficient to make him less important than Chris Paul.
    Yes. Just as Dikembe Mutombo was instrumental to Iverson's MVP, Latrell Sprewell was instrumental to Kevin Garnett's, Stoudemire was instrumental to Nash's, and David West is crucial to Paul's campaign for his own trophy.
    Lamar Odom is a weak-minded, choking underachiever who's never managed to fit into the triangle before this season, and didn't manage to for 50 games this season until Gasol allowed him to be the third option. Most people would consider Tyson Chandler a better - or more valuable, if you will - player than Odom when Odom plays as a big. About everyone would consider Peja a better player than Odom when Odom plays as a wing. How about that? Two for the price of one.
    Shaquille O'Neal has four. How'd that help the Suns?
  6. detteam

detteam All-Star

Yeah...condescending is a much better way to go
  7. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

I prefer sarcasm.......like this post.:):)
  8. Dlev59

Like I said, I`m done. BTW, I am no kid.

I would love to prove to you I am not.
  9. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

It's always worked well for me.

As for 'kid', I rather strongly suspect Mr. Lev is at least 15 or 20 years younger than I am.

Perhaps too strong a troll, though.
  10. Dlev59

I find it amazing how some people hide behind the security of a computer screen to spew their thoughts and comments.

I bet you are a totally different person live and in color.
  11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I was going to stay out of this one, but I know that Mr. Dlev will join our half century club next year, so that may make ahb at least 64-69 years old now.
  12. detteam

detteam All-Star

Well, that explains a lot.

Whatever "Mr. Lev's" age, he is a respected part of the PF.com community and does not deserve to be denigrated.
  13. Dlev59

You are correct Dre, however, I will take my uncles advice here and not say anything because what I want to say is not nice..................
  14. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I'm thinkin' this thread won't be open too much longer, so I've gotta say,

We really need to show Roscoe a LOT of respect if we are being nice to old people...

Hey, for that matter, you guys gotta be nice to ME too! :pound:
  15. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yep as soon as the NBA make the official announcement, let's close it down:MusicBigGrin:
    LA Dre: founder & president of the Half Century club!!
  16. detteam

detteam All-Star

I'll be there next summer :sssh: Do I have to fill out a membership application? :)
  17. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

There is never a need to personalize posts, particularly when you're feeling conflict with another poster.

Personally, I don't appreciate this stuff from board regulars. I can understand new folks, maybe real kids, but not men older than me, bickering like children.

Thread closed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.