1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Lack of enthusiasm poll

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Pwn Toney, Aug 15, 2006.

?

Are you excited about this coming season?

1. No, having Nazr go 4-6 instead of Ben's 1-6 isn't the reason we lost

13 vote(s)
    38.2%
  2. Yes! Give us anybody...we will win!

21 vote(s)
    61.8%
  1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

G-, I like how JD was firm with Arm T. He knew exactly what BBeen was worth. Extracurricular stuff not withstanding.
    As for "Teeing & Beeing" LB, that's perspective, LB likes to play both sides of the table. As he has done now with NYK, media and MSG. LB is the T.O. of NBA coaches.
    ...Since JD took over, the Bulls org. is his date. Well, the Bulls where everyones date but they have a lot to prove before they overtake JD's Det. Pis.
    ...Point 1 to Bulls for attacking "the problem".

2. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Are you kidding? I've written two articles about minutes over the past couple of weeks. Minutes for the love of pete. I'm ready to project trends based on one data point. I'm ready for esotericism run rampant. I'm ready for tall guys in short pants and short guys in striped shirts. I'm ready to defend Flip, blast Flip, and not have an opinion about Flip.

I am enthused. I am ready for some basketball and for the Pistons to run, run, and run.

3. G-man

G-man Starter

TFD..

The point is Arn Tellem besides getting a little larger commission on the bigger deal had other buns in the oven. He'd recently sold his agency to Wasserman and then was kept on afterwards to run it. There was a third agenda in play on the field and no one in fandom has much noticed it.

There was only one real home run to be had this last off-season and that was only if Big Ben moved elsewhere. The fact is Tellem and Reinsdorf are big buddies. Tellem/Wasserman hitting one out of the park after the acquistion was a real feather in Tellems cap. Especially since Big Ben was the only real home run worth hitting.

Tellem would'a won either way from a financial payoff standpoint, but moving Ben to his buddys house was a smarter political move for the Wasserman Group. It was a "twofer"...

4. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I can't argue with this... however I wonder how much of the jump shooting was a result of not having a legit post threat... Sheed was unable to get post position due to injury (and desire)...
    We did post up more in LB's system and were still one of the lowest scoring teams in the league.... this team hasn't had a legit post threat since Corliss
    Not sure if all of the posting of Ben (LB era) was a good thing or not... there was a lot of standing around and the end results were questionable.

5. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

In my opinion it was definitely a good thing. That 5th defender was forced to play us honestly and actually break a sweat on the defensive end of the floor. Even if it was only for 60-75% of the game. I'd rather have that than this guy cheating off our big man for 90-95% of the game.

Besides, if we only wanted to pay 12 MIL then we should have come to the table with exactly 12 MIL (not this 11.6 crap) at the very worst we most likely would have been able to keep Ben for 13 MIL. It didn't have to be 15 MIL or nothing. Had we come with 12 and been willing to go at least 1 MIL over to 13, I think he would have stayed. The only other thing he may have needed was a commitment from Flip to pay at least one percentage point of attention to the defensive end of the floor. Which judging from his gameplans, he sorely needed.

6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

G-, I guess Arn T didn't stay on an hourly paygrade. I can't see him using his hard contacts and relationships that way.

Low, I can't vote in your poll. Because not anyone will do. Yes or no would've done fine.
    I looked back in the forum and Zoso got 80 voters once. Perfect timing I guess. Cro got 65 once. Dba 68. Those are the next highest.

I'm enthused about keeping the forum in order. As crazy fans might try to run amuck.

Cro's nerf being rim rejected is the picture I see.
    UUUMMMPHH! OOOHHHH!

7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Often rejected, never discouraged.

8. max

max All-Star

Thats a strong statement!

I do like your posts though, you kind of help keep the rest of us grounded.

I am under no illusion that the team will be better and that Ben at age 31 is going to slow down anytime soon. I can see if he was 34 or had some chronic problem.

So no we will not be better but we still might have enough provided that everyone plays enthused and we get something from the new guys.

It actually is a little exciting for me because there will be so many new things to watch but thats going to wear off in a month or so. Or after we get crushed by Dallas, SAN, Miami or some of the other teams that have just closed the gap with this critical loss.

But we still are a pretty good team. Just another contender though.

9. Pwn Toney

Well, I'm not trying to insult anyone. It's just the way some of the sentiments appear to me. Besides, you are one of the few people who are not acting like Ben Wallace has arthritis and a walker. I just don't see this as a contending team at all. I see them as competitive, but to me its like getting all excited to not win.

10. roscoe36

I think losing Ben is huge but until they play and Nazr has a "chance" to get comfortable, we really don't know how it will all wash out.

It might not be Detroit Basketball, but it may work. I mean, who thought that the run'n gun Suns would make back to back Western Finals?

11. Robert Michael

Robert Michael First Round Draft Pick

I don't like West Coast prissy run and gun basketball. And I don't think it wins many titles either. You have to go along way back to the Lakers Showtime to find Champs that shoot in the first few seconds of a posession.

Defense still wins.

I'm excited because the summer wears on and I miss watching hoops. U of M football will tide me over for a minute, but I am ready to see our boys go to battle. Win or lose.

Team USA doesn't get me excited at all, but I will watch.

12. max

max All-Star

No I did not take it as anything insulting. Altough I do know of a few posters on the other board who prefer to be in a constant state of development. Flip seems to think we will be a better team. And I do hear that kind of sentiment on the talk radio shows. Different ways that fans have to adjust I suppose. Its easy to paint Ben as the villan or that he was losing it.

Going to be a rude awakening when he starts swatting Piston shots in the next Pistons/Bulls game.

Yea, I liked our old team. What can you do? The main star is gone now.

13. Pwn Toney

...Nail right on the head max. My favorite Piston is gone, so I am not real excited about the rest of these guys. Maybe my #2 (Prince) will give me something to look up about.

14. max

max All-Star

I still have a hard time believing it. It's really going to sink in once the season starts.

We do have a lot of good guys left.

15. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

G-, I wonder why the Bulls didn't go after Tay? About the same price.
    If Tellem was his agent would Tay be gone?

16. roscoe36

The Bulls have Deng and Nocioni. They are set at the 3.

17. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

If you could get Tay would you move either?

18. roscoe36

No. Deng has as much upside as Prince and Nocioni is a bonafide starter. It's like trading Chauncey Billups for Stephon Marbury. A wash.

19. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

You said that to hurt me, didn't you?
    I'm hurt.:ohwell:

20. roscoe36