1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Laimbeer resigning from Shock

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by detteam, Jun 15, 2009.

1. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

We have gotten spoiled with one championship apparently.

At least, from my point of view.

There isn't a coach out there right now that we wouldn't criticize whilst they led this current squad.

I found myself listening to Phil Jackson live during the playoffs as he said things like "we need to get stops" "make shots" "do what we do" "just rebound" "stop penetration" "go out there and get stuff done" (yes, he used the word "stuff") etc.

And he sounded just as dumb as folks portray Curry to sound if put into the same context.

And why not?

He's saying the exact same things.

I'm not calling anyone out, but anyone going nuts about Mike Curry needs a reality check.

They'd be saying the same things about any coach coaching this team right now. The criticism levelled at him right now is purely situational. My proof is in how the same people wanting to string him up now were on his jock while I was level headed and identifying him for what he was the first game in.

It's easy to blame the coach, especially (but not exclusively) when one is attached to one or more players.

It's essentially a good thing for Laims to never coach this team. It would save us from seeing former fans post his picture with the word "moron" over it as their avatar.

He's done too much for us to get that treatment. Good luck elsewhere Bill.

2. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Sheesh... No problem, Dre.
    :nerd2:

3. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I like how you think.

4. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Good post Cloud. I'll give it a B+.

Coaches will never fare well in a sports forum. Look at LB, he was persecuted the whole year he was winning a championship.

And LB never gave great interviews either...much like Phil.

If we judge coaches by postgame interview catch phrases, Curry and Phil and LB are pretty much the same.

If we judge them by results Phil and Lb have the edge.