1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Langlois : Money, Management, Megastars

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Dec 6, 2006.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

PISTONS: The East’s 3 Ms

While I agree with Keith's assertion that Toronto is on the right track, I don't get the subtle Zeke bashing or neglect to mention that tremendous position Orlando is in to sign a big name free agent, and retain Nelson, Howard and Milicic.

In the NBA, you have to understand salaries and the business climate if you want to truly assess the direction of a franchise. A capped out genius GM cannot accomplish much and a bad team with cap room and youth (Atlanta) can make dramatic strides.

And the Pistons get a little too much love in my opinion. Since the Rasheed trade, we haven't done ourselves any favours losing Mike James, Mehmet Okur, Darko Milicic, Corliss Williamson, Ben Wallace and returning Nazr Mohammed, Antonio McDyess and Ronald Murray.

2. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I agree. I don't know why the Pistons would still get credit.
    Perhaps a lot of people see letting Ben go as an excellent business move now that it is obvious that Ben may not be able to dominate games consistently anymore.

I think the Pistons are in worse shape in the near term as they don't have the depth nor the contracts with that depth to trade for pieces to compliment our current team. I don't like the Pistons mentality of stashing guy's like Amir Johnson so that they can low ball him when his contract is due. This guy needs to play and if he can play and produce then the Pistons need to pay him. Amir should be backing up Tay and should be getting 15 mins a night. The same could be said about J-Max. These guy's need to play.