Larry at it again

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by round, Apr 13, 2010.

1. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

PTI is talking about Larry Brown is openly wanting to go back to run Phily... the guy can't help himself... 4 days before the playoffs and he's doing this junk yet again....

Can't understand him at all.... get a team close to being good for the first time ever and he is ready to bolt. Also if your phily and you know how the guy is always looking for the next job how can you bring him back?
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I don't think anyone in Charlotte believes they are going to win a title this year. Because of the hiring cycle for coaches and execs, you cannot move UP unless you announce your intent at the end of the regular season.

Plus, I am not sure how much fun it is coaching a team when the owner (MJ) comes and sits on the bench.

That's not to defend LB as much as put things into a little more context.
  3. max

max All-Star

He could have waited until after they finished their playoff run.
  4. Brap

Brap Starter

Does this story have legs? That would be unreal if true. Unreal from the standpoint that I can't believe he'll have done this again.
  5. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

No one would ever accuse me of being an LB fan, but I think this time, he's doing the right thing. His family is in Philly, I have zero sympathy for anything associated with MJ, the players are probably ready to move on to something else, and if LB is ready to teach the kids something, this a good squad to help rebuild and maybe go out leaving a competitive rebuilt Philly team when he retires
  6. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

The guy is like 83 years old. Time to retire and spend the dough you earned. Plus the dough the Knicks paid you. :stirthepot: :pound::pound:
  7. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Isn't he still under contract for 3 or 4 teams?
  8. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I laughed, that was funny.

Can this be thought of as some sort of motivation for these players in Charlotte? He realizes they have never been here before, and maybe he thinks if he lets them assume he wants to leave, they will play with a chip.