Larry working his magic

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by mercury, May 14, 2006.

1. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

We never know what's real coming out of N.Y.... but if the reports are true then Larry & Shelly have pulled off the ultimate caper.
    first you drain Mr. D for millions... then you sign the largest contract of any modern day coach...
    Now you rip on your players beyond repair...and piss off Mr. Doland to the tune of mult millions and a new buyout that nets you years of pay for doing nothing.
    Congrats LB and your %%%%%ass lawyer wife... you did it... you defeated the system.
  2. 1989

1989 First Round Draft Pick

If true, it's an inglorious end to a fine career.

Isiah didn't provide him with a great roster, but LB didn't do himself any favours by incessantly ripping his players in the media. What a mess.

I wonder if Isiah will go back to the bench?
  3. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

If this was real estate, I'd say that the wrong coach is named Flip. We'll know whether Larry intends to flip this contract into another paid holiday if he begins the whole "If they want me, I'll be here" routine.
  4. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

What makes you think it is the end of his career? He's young enough to keep coaching. Of course, what other team is gonna put up with his BS? He should go back to coaching college.

Dolan: "Larry is not a good person."
  5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

My guess is JD and Mr.D broke out laughing when LB was taken out on a stretcher.
    Word has it Mr.D was tapping the inside of LBs leg with his foot, just to see if LB really had a catheter.
  6. 1989

Just a feeling is all. I think he's done in the NBA.
  7. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Given the bad endings of LB's last two years - here and it seems now in NY, it is hard to imagine that any thinking GM would give him another shot. Or that LB would want to put himself through the health issues, etc. for just another year or two at the most.

Wait a minute, what am I saying? Since when was thinking in the GM description? Since when was LB ruled by anything but ego and pride?

LB to the Kings. And the fun begins all over again.
  8. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I could see LB coaching a college team... he hinted that he wouldn't mind finishing his career this way.
    Larry could be a dictator without worrying about big $ egos.
  9. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

But I thought LB said the Pistons... er.... the Knicks would be his last coaching gig?? Are you saying that you don't trust what LB says to the media to be the honest truth? Are you questioning LB"s intentions?
  10. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

You might haev something here!!

I still say someone is in line for that Sacremento job.....

This move was planned....
  11. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Just wondering if any LB lovers left? Had to love Wilbon sticking up for Larry, saying if Larry can't coach the Knicks, no one can. Please.

Con man of con man's, straight up hustlery. Wilbon and Co, seem to believe that LB will coach again, but I cant there is a single NBA owner dumb enough to fall for Larry's scam again.

If the Knicks were smart, they'd fire Larry, and sue him for last seasons money.
  12. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

This seems like the kind of report that a club would deny right away if it were not true, and according to the Fox story, the Knicks have "declined to comment." It's definitely going to happen.

Those back-to-back buyouts are going to exceed the GNP of several small countries. Slick.
  13. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

This is a terrible end to what was a great career.

You gotta give it to Larry though. He coached 4 players making more money than him, all paid by the most foolish owner in pro sports. He's gunna get paid, and save himself the trouble because I don't see a way out for Zeke. This roster is horrible and will take 3 or 4 seasons to improve.

It is curious that the owner may be picking Zeke over LB. Or maybe making Zeke coach this team is the way to get rid of him as well.
  14. 1989

It's curious on paper, but I think it makes sense. As ridiculous as this may sound, I honestly think Isiah would have done a better job with this crew than Brown this past year. There's a difference between being hard on your players (LB of the past, Riley, Popovich etc) and being a flaming nuisance. Brown no longer seems capable of distingushing the one from the other.

If Isiah coaches next year, I think he'll do better if only because he won't completely alienate his players.
  15. Reve

Reve First Round Draft Pick

Larry was dead on about those Knicks. Look at that starting line up. They should have been a playoff team.
    They just aren't winners. They are selfish players and that doesn't work in New York.
    Not for the fans anyway. Then again they love 133 batting average in the playoff overpaid A-Rod so you never know.

Seems like most players on all NY teams are over paid.lol
  16. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

But the thing is, he had some decent rookies and still couldn't resist going with about 12 million different lineups and ripping people in the press. You look at players like David Lee and Channing Frye, who are hard-working team guys with height the Knicks desperately needed, and he still jerked them around.
  17. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Larry really went sideways after the 2004 championship and Olympics. Part of me wonders if he just decided that he had enough. That he's not doing it out of passion, but simply because it is all that he knows and the money is there for the taking.
  18. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I would call that "job horing" Cro.
    This was started by MSG, their weight is limited.