Las Vegas Summer League 2010

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by det2atl, Jun 19, 2010.

1. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    The refs whistles are annoying as well...

2. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Summers: Just when I figure he's a keeper, he comes up waaaay short. Maybe he's trying too hard? Out of position?

Monroe: He has a lot of growing to do but that's not a revelation. Looking decent against GS's prospects.

Daye: Point forward? I trust him more than White and the other guards are there for filler.

White: Anyone see PG material? I don't. Maybe they can force it into him. His handle is ok. body control is very good.

3. mikhail1973

Hey, Slip what do you think about Koshwal? Looks like a big body and very active on D in the paint and on the boards.

4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Great pass Monroe feeding JJ on a short clock, for a reverse layup.

Monroe is the kind of guy who can help a team like ours score another 2 or 4 PPG. And that might be worth 5 wins.

5. HardyHar

HardyHar First Round Draft Pick

lol, I don't mind Mchale actually. I wouldn't want him full time though.

Monroe just had a nice backdoor pass to JJ for a layup. Summers is hoopin' today as well. Looking good. We can use some catch and shoot long range guys like him and White I think.

6. Slippy

Koshwal looks good today but he was outplayed yesterday by kruz.

7. mikhail1973

He's made a couple of those today. If he can get his teammates 3-4 bunnies a game it would make life a heck of a lot easier and then he'd be able to average 4-5 assists per game.
    He looks tentative and passive defensively. Maybe it's my design, but I'd like to see him going more inside and use his size.

White is on the wrong team. He'd be great on Warriors or another running team. Not sure how he'd fit in with Pistons' half-court sets.

Commentators are just in love with Summers. But if he can knock his shots down, he'd be valuable on the team with his size.

And who is this Sosa guy? A couple of good looking plays including passing and finishing at the rim.

8. Slippy

Summers looks like what we wanted Jarvis Hayes to be.

9. mikhail1973

Monroe and Koshwal look good together

10. Slippy

Just after you asked that Mac strung or so impressive plays in a row. He's got good Free throw mechanics. His game is what we need but I don't know if he distinguishes himself enough. He would be cheap though.

11. Brap

Brap Starter

We're playing racehorse BB, and it looks like we've got guys adept at that. Monroe has been sprinting up and down the court, as has that Koshwal guy.

12. Tally

Tally First Round Draft Pick

John Thompson is great. "They can all develop a helluva-lot"

13. Slippy

for a shooter, Daye's freethrow mechanics aren't that good. Too many moving parts. Not always coordinated.

14. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Papa John watching over his boys. John T is a legend.

White is not a PG, however that Sosa fella is a sweet passer and can push the ball.

Monroe better in second half. He needs to build strength other wise playing the C position, he will constantly be pushed off the the block day in and day out. Monroe looking better tonight, running the floor like a gazelle. Needs to get to the free throw line, not one free throw in either game attack the basket big fella.

I told you guys that Derek Caracter is the truth. Well, the Lakers got them a good one. Caracter played with my nephew at UTEP, I took my nephew Julyan and Caracter to dinner after their game with Marshall back in February. Caracter is a good kid who is on a mission.

He can eat too, set me back $56.00 at Roadhouse Restaurant. He has lost a lot of weight since then though.

15. Slippy

Armygirl, you gotta stick to the buffet when you take the boys out to dinner :P

carachter was a man among boys yesterday.

16. Slippy

Monroe looks ugly when he tries to score.

17. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

You are defintely right about that. Last year it was my nephew and Randy Culpepper, for a little guy, he can eat also. He had two Admiral Platters at Red Lobster. That's what I get when I tell these guys to roder whatever they want, this is right after they finish their game. Not good.

18. HardyHar

HardyHar First Round Draft Pick

... down low.

He looks MUCH more confortable at the top of the key. He can't jump, but he's pretty quick and has good footwork. I just don't think he's going to be a pound -it-in sort of player. It's be great if he was, but he'll need some serious weight lifting to get that game down.

That's the area where Cousins has a huge advantage over him. I'm really looking forward to the game on Monday.

On a side note, Summers looked terrific as did Daye, JJ was being JJ. Good game for Detroit.

19. Slippy

White looks like Wade when he rises up off the dribble to fire off a jumper. While he's not going to run an NBA offense this year, he's got the handle, passing ability and scoring ability to be a bona fide triple threat.

Our Big guys, Koshwal included, make very good outlet passes and Daye, White and Monroe seem to have good open court prowess. Golden State had like One guy and we out matched them making our big guys look good.

This summer league team has a LOT of versatility but not a lot of toughness. It would have been good to see Udoh in the mix.

20. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

Interesting what Monroe brings in the form of a low-post game - a guy not afraid of contact, but not strong enough to contribute there yet. He needs to get to work on his legs and creating some explosion to finish, as the announcers were pointing out. That lefty jump hook of his has some potential, but he's going to have to develop more finesse down there, as simply bulldozing through bigs is not going to work at the NBA level.

Daye, however, was simply better than everyone else on the court. Like Monroe he needs to get stronger - better to finish down in the paint - but he handles like a 1 and his line tonight was solid across the board: 20 points, 5 boards, 4 assists, and 3 blocks.

I like what I saw from those two, and of course Jerebko is Jerebko. Summers has been a scorer, and has a future as a slashing 4, but not as much more than a role-player. Nonetheless, I'm liking what I'm seeing so far this summer from their core, and it bodes well for the future.