Latest Lineup Changes

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Pwn Toney, Jan 12, 2011.

1. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

....because of stuckey is still useful in in different situations but BG - no scoring = absolutely useless.
  2. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

He seems a pretty skilled player and his size makes parts of the game easy for him. I'm just starting to wonder a bit if he's coasting. Good skills and size can get you drafted, but they won't make you a great NBA player.
  3. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I hear you.
  4. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

What does Stuckey contribute besides scoring?
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

OK, I'm buying that.
  6. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

...but what do you expect from 12 million per year player (BG)?
  7. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Amar'e = Wilcox + Nash / Felton

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
  8. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

That has always been the rap on GMoney, but I think it's bogus. NOBODY here was as hard or skeptical about GM as me and I'm SOLD! It seems as if people treat his cool and calm demeanor as a flaw, I believe it's an asset. Please don't think just because he's 6'11'' that the game is easy for him, there are plenty of 7' scrubs in the league (Petro). I see him working his butt off in the paint and on his pick and roll defense he's showing and recovering better than any other player on this team and that is probably the most difficult play for a big man to defend. The guy isn't a leaper-period, so he's not gonna block very many shots but he's still very solid defensively. In the future you're going to need to pair him up with a high flying athletic big, i.e. DeAndre Jordan, Tyrus Thomas, Tyson Chandler type guys.
  9. kpaav

kpaav Bench Warmer Forum Donor

After all the BS whining and sniping of RIP, Tay, and Sheed I am all aboard for a guy who just goes to work playing hard and trying to win. Sure maybe he isn't as animated, but that doesn't necessarily mean hes coasting / soft. Our "main guy" whomever that ends up being (draft or free agency) can carry the load on aggressiveness and GM can just fetch boards and lay-in easy buckets of his cuts. He may not be an ALL-NBA gu, but every team needs a borderline / occasional All-Star to build with, not around.
  10. Brap

Brap Starter

With Monroe and JJ, we've got two guys who ought to man our front line for years. If Daye's only a SF than that makes 3, but I still believe he's best for us at SG.
  11. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Oh that's good! And that's what we have in guys like JJ, Daye, Monroe, Stuckey and Gordon. These are guys who you use to complement a super star or use as part of a trade package FOR a super star.
  12. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Way better defense, passing and rebounding than Gordon, that's for sure.

Is there one legitimate thing Gordon has done better than Stuckey this year besides shoot threes?
  13. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

for me, the point is not what stuckey/gordon does better than...

The point is: BG's job is ONLY to score and so far he has failed. That's why I do not get this stuckey-hate especially compared with his teamates.

Even CV, albeit not sucking, has played relatively poorly lately.

And all those guys earn more than stuckey and have juicy contracts
  14. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I believe the perceived Stuckey hate comes from Joe annointing him as the unofficial franchise player two years ago and trying to build a team around him and it has not worked out in the FANS minds....and Joe has been slow to admit it. :stirthepot:

BG and CV are and will be getting the same hate soon because of they have failed to deliver in their year and half at the Palace.

Bottom line, we love to hate our heroes
  15. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Ha, well put.
  16. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

As of today I would trade CV for an expiring deal, especially if JJ was healthy.

The only reason I'm holding off on Ben Gordon is because he's shown that when Rip is out of the picture, he can and usually does deliver. Rip is on the way out and Gordon has to deliver or I will be just as sour on him as I am about Stuckey at the PG spot.

Right now I think we can get some production from this 3 guard rotation of Gordon, Stuckey and T-Mac.
  17. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

It's close to that. I HATE being sold a bill of goods...ESPECIALLY one that I know, beforehand, is false.

No one in their right minds would have agreed that Stuckey was ready to take over for one of the best PGs in the league at the time. I was down on Billups for his Flip Era tactic of doing nothing for the entire 1st half and then taking ALL the shots in the 3rd and 4th qtrs, but there was NO WAY Stuckey was worth shipping off Billups (for Iverson of all people) and thinking we were going to 'rebuild on the fly.'

What has further soured me on Stuckey is his refusal to learn how to play the PG position in the NBA. He plays as if getting Billups moved was a green light to begin his freight train runs into the lane and thinking the increased scoring numbers meant he'd done a good job. That along with Joe D and any of his coaches inability to alter this behavior or STOP PLAYING HIM AT THE POINT, will not allow me to be a fan of Stuckey. He's undersized as an NBA SG and, frankly, can't shoot for a SG.

If you're going to pay BG more money than Stuckey then he should get to be on the floor just as much. I can't be as angry with Gordon because he never gets a chance to work out of his slumps. He gets yanked immediately. He has NO margin for error. Stuckey could screw the pooch 6 days a week and twice on Sunday and the Lil #3 is still showing up on my pre-game lineup.

It was a bad idea at the time of the Billups trade and it's an even worse idea now that they refuse to go away from it. BG wasn't sold as the future of our franchise...we were told he would come in and provide scoring off the bench. That's a huge difference from being THE guy the team plans to build around.
  18. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Gordon was given a $50 million dollar contract. If he wasn't sold to us as the "future" of the franchise, he was certainly sold to us as a big part of the future. And he's been a complete and utter bust to this point. Stuckey produces a lot more than BG for a fourth of the cost.

Fair point about Gordon not getting the chance to work out of his slumps, but would Stuckey be afforded that chance if he had a better backup? Before the re-emergence of T-Mac, all Stuckey had challenging him for minutes at the point was Will Bynum, who's turned into a terrible NBA player. Of course Stuckey was still going to get 30+ minutes on most nights, regardless of how poorly he might have been playing.
  19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

When I heard that we got BG and Villa, I thought to myself that Joe has made the same mistake that every other mediocre GM makes... overpay for offense first players.

I think that a lot of hard core fans felt that in their gut and didn't get overly excited about the pickups.
  20. copper

copper Bench Warmer

I gotta be honest I was happy with the BG signing from day 1, I thought it was a great offensive weapon which we havent had, I knew his D was subpar, but I thought he would at least outscore whoever he was guarding.....I was not happy with cv signing though, he can get hot but he is a black hole on offense, he would shoot the ball if he was getting off the bus and he saw one layin in the parkinglot.