Latest Lineup Changes

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Pwn Toney, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

and I'd agree that this statement is true for pretty much our entire roster including the coach. Q got an injury pass for last year, but this year I don't think anyone, except Daye, McGrady, or Monroe, has surpassed expectations or even met them.

2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I don't have a link but tonight's starting lineup will look like this.

1. Stuckey
    2. - 5. Some random combination of everyone else

3. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Classic...:pound:

4. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Didn't Stuckey get benched for a thing that Hamilton and especially Prince would easily get away with with no penalty? Prince was allowed to essentially walk all over Kuester and he still started the next day. It only took a third of the season of absolutely awful play for him to pull Hamilton from the starting lineup. If Stuckey had been playing that poorly, he would have been benched as well. Heck, Kuester was entertaining the idea of Stuckey coming off the bench in the preseason.

5. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I like Stuckey starting at the 2. I honestly think that Stuckey can be the best combo guard in the league in time (don't really know if that's a compliment). It's about who closes the game, I think Gordon can get his mojo back in this new 3 guard rotation. In order to bring Gordon off the bench at the 2 you need a token starter, Stuckey is more than capable of that.

6. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Stuckey should start over Gordon simply because he contributes in more areas of the game than Gordon ever has. Even the Chicago Bulls Gordon was one dimensional, and we haven't even seen that player yet.

7. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Good post.

A greater understanding is asking the question on how this is perceived by those doing the selection and the learning process of maintenance. JD is All-World in the Piston organization. As players become younger, you must have an outstanding synopsis of what you need to show to the fans and how your talent will react. Most windows of successful opportunity are build in hesitant fashion. The 3 step ladder is still a persnickety climb. What you want is not the over-the-top-big-explosion on the fourth step (result and the not the journey), but a continuous stepping through that opening, no matter how small. You teach others that the law is yours for interpretation and interpretation is the right of dominance.

Go here for Franz Kafka's parable: Before the Law

8. Fear Laimbeer

Fear Laimbeer Second Round Draft Pick

BG has not been playing well at all. I am really hoping that these changes vcan help us get back into the swing of things. I agree with you as well. AThe middle game changes need to happen if things are not going well.

9. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Whew! For a rather long and rather deliberating stretch (for you), I assumed that the likely touch of the golden arm had taken back a portion of you. Is anyone ever over this?

YouTube - Gary Numan - Cars

YouTube - KRAFTWERK - THE MODEL

10. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Welcome Fear! Make yourself at home.

11. linwood

linwood All-Star

12. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Communication ala Pistons! A system suited for survival in the most competitive enviroments. I am astonished this technique isn't more common at corporate level. Why speak to your team captain the days after you benched him for the first time of his career? And before, when he can figure it out himself!

Pistons players want Richard Hamilton back in action | detnews.com | The Detroit News

13. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

I'm less concerned about the benching action than I am about this communication, or lack of it by the coach.

Sometimes a coach has gotta do what they feel is necessary, but communication is still the key. Hamilton deserved to know the why as well as the deed.

14. Brap

Brap Starter

I'm less concerned with Rip's feelings than I am wishing to god he was gone, wishing that we'd trade Tay right away, too, and with noticing how much better the team is playing with a semi-legit PF (Wilcox) in the starting lineup with a really good looking (but young) rookie C.

I also am less concerned with his feelings than I am with making sure Daye is getting significant PT, and with my concerns about Stuckey being able to settle in at one position and figuring out what role BG should be playing.

Put another way, I really don't care how Rip is feeling. The guy has been a malcontent for a couple seasons now and has been playing awful BB for a really long time.

15. Ernie the Slow Adult

Here's a question for the forum. Does Stuckey moving to a "new" position extend his rookie season(s)? I'm thinking it does.

16. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Sounds to me like the only guys that care that he is not playing are Wallace and Prince. I don't hear anyone else bemoaning this.

17. pgrnpacer

pgrnpacer First Round Draft Pick

Just read the article. I see what you see. Wallace and Prince are the only ones that care bout rip. CV, Gordon, TMac, Daye, etc are all reading our forum and this article right now shaking their heads and saying to themselves, "What a bunch of has-been b******....Q better not give in to this media crap".

Hamilton has played like garbage and TMac and Stuck are our PGs. TMac is good but he operates by driving and drawing double teams for a kickout.....he isn't going to stand around all day and wait for Rip to come off screens. Stuck is terribad at the point and wouldn't be able to see Rip on the floor at all through the 7-ft wall of flesh he collides with every other play. Hamilton needs a halfcourt team with a true point. He should just shut up and wait for a trade or work on getting some sort of isolation skills (Q doesn't have any set plays....just iso's and even the commentators laugh about that every away game).

18. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That's a great question. I think Stuckey is now considered a rookie until January, 2012, unless, of course, he is moved to another position...

19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He wants out of Detroit, right? So why wouldn't he assume that they are preserving him for the trade and be completely happy about it.

20. Ernie the Slow Adult

It seems there is a battle a brewing. Remember the saying, it is better to be a has been than a never was.