LB has chest pains: "Shelly, I'm comin' to join ya, honey!"

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by LanierFan, Mar 3, 2006.

1. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

Knicks' coach is OK after chest pains

GREENBURGH, N.Y. (AP) — Knicks coach Larry Brown acknowledged he was "a little nervous" when he was forced to go to a Memphis hospital because of chest pains earlier this week, but said Friday there was no reason for concern.

"They said I was OK," Brown said after the team's morning shootaround. "I went to practice. I coached the game. I'm fine. It's a non-issue."

Brown said he spent most of the night at the hospital but was back on the bench for Wednesday's loss to the Grizzlies. He joked that the pain was caused by the "indigestion of losing."

Brown, 65, said he began to feel ill during the flight to Memphis after a loss at San Antonio on Monday night and Dr. Lisa Callahan, New York's director of player care, told him during Tuesday's practice that he should get checked out.

New York lost 101-99 to Memphis on Pau Gasol's late jumper. It was New York's 21st loss in 23 games, and at 15-42, the Knicks have the NBA's worst record in Brown's first season as coach.

Brown missed 17 games last season due to a hip replacement operation that led to a bladder problem that required surgery in November. He'll need additional surgery for the bladder problem, but Brown is putting that off until after the season.

He said that Tuesday's problems were unrelated to those concerns.

"I have an athletic heart and sometimes it gets crazy, beats crazy, but that's been my whole life," he said. "But they just wanted to check me out. I went in and everything checked out fine."

2. G-man

G-man Starter

The media's all over the Brown out. Claiming it's foreboding of things to come. I like Larry Brown. If there ever was a team worth faking a heart attack to get away from, this Knicks team has to rate right near the top.

My cousin, Dr. Artis Rubikcube describes them this way; "A totally dysfunctional payroll mass of useless human density."

uh-huh.

My free advice (because I care).
    Fall down Larry, flop around like a carp on hot asphalt. Let'em strap you to a gurney and haul your seeping feeble bones off for some special time in "observation." Do whatever it takes to escape from the zoo that Isiah's built. Even though I'm an ardent supporter of Zeke, this one is going to BLOW baby BLOW. Like a super volcano..

3. max

max All-Star

Just looked at the standings. I did not realize how bad it was. At 15-42 they have the worst record in the league. Even if they won every game they still would not make the playoffs.

4. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

G-man
    I'm afraid you're right....sigh :drama:

How in the hell would Zeke give Da Bulls (of all teams) an unprotected first round pick for Curry? :confused: :frusty:

Landing KG in the offseason should make it all better. :sick:

5. Caliban

Caliban First Round Draft Pick

How could anyone suspect that Larry Brown had a heart

attack. Isn't that anatomically impossible? :confused:

6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I was waiting for that comment. Good call.