Leadership Role

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by himat, Jul 15, 2006.

1. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Ben is gone so Chauncey has likely taken the job. Chauncey does some stuff better, but some things worse than Ben. Ben is very good at letting out his displeasurment and making the team respond, but we saw his ego grow gigantic which isn't good.

Chauncey from what I've seen doesn't let out what's bothering him at least in the media. Chauncey will probably not go on a rampage like Ben did though.

Chauncey is a fine leader, but he has to make this team do what made it win. Do you think he can? I doubt it, but we'll see what happens. It doesn't help that Flip is coaching either.
  2. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

I have serious doubts about Chauncey's ability to lead.

He was drafted for his skills. And he bounced around the league becuase he was having a hard time fitting in.

He has never been called "a leader".

And he has had serious lapses of judgement this past season in my opinion.
  3. easybuckets

easybuckets First Round Draft Pick

Remember What Antonio Mcdyass Said About Cb During The Season? According To The Players Cb Is A Good Leader.
  4. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I too question CB`s abilty to lead. At times he can be a good floor general or leader on the court, however, being a leader goes beyond the basketball court during a game.

You must also be a leader in practice, on the bus, the plane, talking to the media, or any place else.

For example a leader wouldn`t say, "I was tired", and that contributed to us losing in the playoffs. Also, CB`s leadership skills on the court are lacking when it comes down to making decisions on break opportunities. If Flip plans on doing more running next year (and something tells me he is) then look for CB`s TO count to increase. He is terrible in those situations. Hopefully his back up will do a better job at running fast breaks.

Right now the Pistons are without a true leader on the court, so that means they will most likely take on the personality of the coach. Lord help us.................
  5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Nice sig. EBuc
    Now wait a f'in minute.
    We don't run no chuck it up the court O.
    We run a precision O here.
    Did you not appreciate our best T.O. rating in the league? Or would you rather be the best rebounding team in the league?
    For CB to say he was tired shows how much confidfence he has in his Big Head. He had to give us something for his bad play.
    Now hit the treadmill CB.
  6. max

max All-Star

A veteran point is always going to have a lot of influence over a team, especially when the coach trusts him to call the plays.

I would imagine Rip or if he does not want the job then Prince will be named as co-captain.
  7. hakuya

hakuya Second Round Draft Pick

Hey, can we just say COME ON Chauncey, It's Your time!!
    I trust him.
  8. easybuckets

C B Is One Of The Most Popular Players Among His Peers. He Knows A Lot Ot Players Having Played For So Many Teams. At The 2005 All Star Game He Wasn't Even An All Star But More People Went To His Party Than Anyone Elses. He Is Known As The "mayor". I Think He Has More Influence Over His Teammates Than We Know. I Think Lindsey Would Be A Good Co-captain.
  9. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I trust Chauncey, but if he has another great regular season I'll be worried.
    If CB has an okay regular season I'm sure he'll be ready to lead this team in the playoffs.
  10. linwood

linwood All-Star

I second the Lindsey co-captain nomination. All reports are that he is heading for a coaching job in a year or two. Let him get started now.
  11. easybuckets

lindsey has proved his loyalty and i think he would be a great co-captain.. lots of love to lindsey.. remember joe d had to trade him his first season as gm and lindsey is still loyal.. what a guy!
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

How about making Sheed a co-captain. It sounds crazy, but it might just work. He's at that stage of his career and life where it might be something that he would embrace.

I'm not sure you want 2 guards as captains with no big man representation.