LeBron is a poor sport

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by BillLaimbeer, May 31, 2009.

1. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

How can you root for a guy that says crap like that? The guy is supposed to be a role model. Man, I am so happy the Cavs lost.

2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

And the media is pretty much ignoring it or making it into a strength. I hate him too. More than ever.

3. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

WHere did you get that from?

4. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

If Kobe pulled this crap, the media would eat him alive.

5. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

after the flack that the bad boys are still taking for there walk off against the bulls almost 20 years ago he should be wripped to shreds by the media...

6. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Jalen Rose took him to task on espn. What a big baby. Always knew he was full of himself. Every game players shake hands before going into the lockerroom. He shook hands with the boston players last year. Such a phony. Spoiled brat.

7. Darth Tater

I suppose if I were in his shoes, making a bajillion dollars from the time I was a teenager and if I had women throwing themselves at me and if I was treated as if I were God and called the King...I suppose I might never have the chance to mature and become like that too. Most of us probably would although we don't like to admit it.

He's a jerk and a spoiled brat and I can't stand him. But he is a product of our society.

I'm not excusing him. I can't stand him, but I hate society more for what they push us to become. And really...how many people on this earth, if we were honest with ourselves, would not want to switch places with him? Even with the potential cost? (I know not everyone becomes like him, but the pressure on him was more than most).

8. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

I just watcHed the interview on ESPN. He tried to rationalize what he did.

I understand being upset. His Nike commercial got pulled.

9. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

These are all good points. Did anyone else see the piece over at ESPN.com asking if he could play pro football? If I remember correctly it said he could have been a first round pick after his sophomore year as a WR. In his first game ever as a freshman he caught 9 passes in a playoff game.

That being said, he knows all the guys he lost to on Orlando. This wasn't some guy he's never heard of who beat him. That's a punk ace move.

He's got no problem doing his 9 part skits during games or going to the podium to self indulgently say, 'my range (long pause) is basically unlimited (HUGE SMILE), when he wins, so go up there and be a global icon when you lose.

10. hifiPistons

hifiPistons Second Round Draft Pick

NBA has limited broadcast in my country but most of games I watched NBA players have bad attitude. Shake hands before but not after a game? When a team got defeated, they all walked right into the locker room.

11. Darth Tater

Hockey has it right. This is what they do after a playoff series. Every single time, as far as I can tell. Actually, my 11 year-old kid is in a hockey league and they do it after every single game.

[​IMG]

12. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

Man I dont get this. I HATE Lebron too. I am in no way a Lebron supporter at all....but who cares? Personally I agree with him. If I would have lost I wouldn't shake their hands either. I'm pissed that I just lost, don't really care to shake the opposing teams hand. I hate the fact that everything is so politically correct in sports now. Players, teams, coaches, and even the media complain about running up the score too. It's pathetic. What happened to the fire and passion in the game. Is Orlando going to cry becuase Lebron didn't shake their hands? No love hug from Lebron tonight?

If I recall didn't Antonio McDyess do the exact same thing playing for the Pistons a couple years ago? Lebron's pissed that he just lost its not a big deal.

13. Blue

Blue First Round Draft Pick

OK King... so everybody else that shakes their opponents' hand after a series must not be a competitor; guys like K.G., Duncan... pretty much everyone else in the NBA actually.

14. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

This happened a few years ago when he was in high school.

"""""Could LeBron James have played receiver for Ohio State? Coach Jim Tressel doesn't doubt it for a minute. He chuckled when asked on Dan Patrick's radio show whether he recruited the Cleveland Cavaliers star.
    "I was in (Akron) St. Vincent-St. Mary one day after his junior year and we were recruiting another guy, and I felt this big pair of hands on the back of my neck," Tressel said. "It was LeBron. He said, 'I could play wideout for you.' "
    Tressel was quick to suggest that men's basketball coach Jim O'Brien would love to have him for a year and then told James, "You've got a scholarship if you want it. He said, 'I'm not even going to pay my senior year of football in high school.' "
    Tressel said James would have forced coaches to adjust their playbook.
    "He said if he did come to Ohio State, (he'd want to run) mostly fade routes and alley-oops," Tressel said. "He probably wasn't going to run a whole bunch of square-ins.""""""""

15. StanFromTheD

StanFromTheD Second Round Draft Pick

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING. And being from Detroit, that is probably what Jalen was thinking. I bet the media as a whole gives him a past. The Lebron goes on to say that he emailed a congradulations to Dwight Howard. AN EMAIL!!!! Lebrons a great talent but I just lost alot of respect for him.

16. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

The L in LeBron will now always stand for:

LOOO-HOO-HOO-OOO-SERRRR!:pound:

17. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

AND IF STERN and SELIG were any kind of real Commishes, they'd say THIS IS WHAT WE WILL DO AS WELL!!! ITS SPORTS< not WAR!

HOCKEY, the greatest tradition in all sports. Here's to you, Kris Draper!

18. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

A poor sport shows NO class! And yes, HID 'most' people have NO class!

19. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I'm guessing he even had someone else write the email for him.

The stage was set for the crowning of LeBron as the new king of the NBA. Best record during the regular season, sweeping the lowly Pistons and Hawks. The ability to lower his shoulder and break through the defensive line, often drawing a foull in the process. And that puppet commercial. The whole puppet commercial is screwed up now.

20. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Most teams don't shake hands after each game but it is customary to congratulate the team that knocks you out. Usually after the elimination game you congratulate your opponent on the victory.

Just goes to show that some players think they are bigger then the game itself. That was just disrespectful to the whole Magic team that played their hearts out to win the series.