LeBron is a poor sport

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by BillLaimbeer, May 31, 2009.

1. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

We are not so nice to our superstars sometimes. We can really eat them alive. I am sick of Jigga, too.
  2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

3. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

4. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Know this for a fact. This criticism will be soaked in by LBJ. He will now have to look for a new beginning. Youth and pestilence have overstepped a certain comfort level that must be justified without major damage.

Most might think that the major comfort level is mental. This of course has it's place. Never forget the placement of distance: its powerful cinematic quick-iris-effect, instead of the long dissolve.

Going West young man.
  5. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Jay Z, Marshall M, and Jermaine Dupri is classic proof how money talks , BS walks and the rest of us run a marathon! Who da hell wears dark shades to a game...INDOORS..I mean REALLY!!??
  6. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

You got the whole league going West.
  7. Ernie the Slow Adult

I'm pretty sure that Dahnty Jones and Kobe shook hands after their series.

Maybe LeBron will end up in Dallas, he and Cuban seem like a pretty good match?
  8. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

After a hard days work at the steel slurry...

Posted by 54chevyman on 06/01/09 at 8:36AM
    LaBron I would not congratulate those cocky players either and they were slightly dirty as well. Lewis and his backup are cool players but the rest are full of it. Don't worry about what the media says. You are an outstanding player and very intelligent player you don't take steroids and you always make time for the media. I belief! Go Cavs! Get on board with the Browns they are building something special!
  9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I BELIEF 2.

I <3 U LEBRAN

I dunno if it is because my life sucks or I am getting old (do I repeat myself?) but some of these fans are unbelievable. I hope I never treated the players like they were better than me.
  10. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

OK, so this is what I am truly wondering.

I know that almost everyone on this board despises Lebarf and has for some time now. I know that almost all of Cleveland worships him, and I can understand that to some extent. But the entire rest of the world worships him too? Yeah, he lost a bit of luster recently, but we all know he is going right back to his deity status real soon.

WHY? Why is almost everyone who is not a member of this forum so freaking blind/stupid. Honestly, I don't get it.

IDIOTS! You make me sick to my freaking stomach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:angrysoapbox::rant2:

---------------------------------------------------------------

Caption this NBA creation...

"Look mom...no rings."

"No, I will not shake your hand."

"Dr. FrankenStern, I presume?"

[​IMG]
  11. pistonsloyalist

pistonsloyalist First Round Draft Pick

I don't think the tradition of shaking hands after a series is nearly as well-established in basketball as it is in hockey. (Which says a lot for hockey.) It is not an established custom at all in baseball or football. But it is certainly something of a custom in basketball. I think Lebron flouted a custom, but it is still far less of a statement than a hockey player refusing to participate in the traditional post-series handshake. I recall that Darren McCarty shook every Avalance hand in line except Claude Lemieux's following the 1996 conference finals in which Lemieux rearranged Kris Draper's face with a hit on the boards in front of the Wings' bench. Even that action by McCarty represented a major break with tradition and drew considerable comment in the press.
  12. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

I don't see the problem.......don't you know we're all just witnesses? My next prediction........LaBron James, winner of the 2010 Joe Dumars sportsmanship award.
  13. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

You must not have heard about how much s#*# the 1991 Pistons got for walking off after their loss to the Bulls.
  14. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The first time I noticed NBA players congratulating the other team in the conference finals was when the Pistons beat the Celtics in 1988 and specifically McHale giving Isaiah the tips on beating the Lakers in the their first venture to the finals....

Of course then three years later when Isaiah led the Pistons off the floor, I was embarrassed as we were defending champs who had just been beaten by the Bulls and were walking off like spoiled arrogant poor sports......took years to get that nasty taste out of their mouths.....maybe that is why Zeke never got that front office job:stirthepot:

Somebody correct me, but I think the in the WNBA playoffs, the ladies shake hands at the end of all of the games...

Just wondering how all you Lebron haters will feel if Joe actually is the GM that signs him in 2010???:stirthepot: Would you be hatin on LeBron then, or just embrace him and hope that Joe builds the team around him.....
  15. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I tried to justify the walk off in my mind for years by saying the Bulls disrespected the Pistons first, but deep down I knew the Pistons were jerks to walk off... but they were my "heroes" so I couldn't make myself fully admit the truth . The Lebron incident really drives the point home.

Lebron ain't coming here, but if he did, I am sure we would root for him and sing his praises from a basketball perspective and stuff..but never "embrace" him blindly or worship him like the Cavalions do. We would understand that we were in league with the devil. The rest of the Detroit fans, I don't know what they would do...but I give (most) people here a LOT of credit for being smart and for seeing things as they really are.
  16. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I could accept anyone in the history of the NBA...but not LeBron. The sense of entitlement...the arrogance...no just couldn't do it.
  17. Ernie the Slow Adult

How would you all feel if LeBron was hugging Howard after all the games in the series, especially the losses?
  18. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I guess if he hugged him for at least 30 seconds per game I'd be OK with it.
  19. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

Depends if this team will go over the lux tax to win championships!
  20. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I'd still root for the team, but I'd still hate LeBron. I'd like to see Joe build a nice team around him. I'd hate to have this team become "LeBron's Pistons". Wouldn't it be great to have the LeBron-led Pistons win another 3 titles? The last thing I'd want is to have LeBron's name forever linked to the Bad Boys and '04 squad. The refs would finally blow the whistles our way. It would not feel right to win because of preferential treatment.

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!