Lebron vs Jordan

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by max, Apr 17, 2006.

1. rdang

rdang First Round Draft Pick

Haha - you make it sound like I'm gonna jump ship. When I first fell in love with basketball it was when Ben came over to Detroit in the first place. I was a free safety for my AAA football team so I loved the idea of defence first - hence Detroit being my favourite team.

And LBJ's last performance should weigh as much as his poor performance the night before. I'm not saying the kid right now he's playing his best - but he's playing damn well. I can see fault's in his game and more room for improvement; however, comparing him to the first year when I first saw him play - he's a more complete player now than he was back then. Every year he'll get better and its something to worry about - especially with Shaq dying down.

The Pistons 5 could have a problem in the future with LBJ and the Cavs more than the Heat IMO; but I've told everyone I know once, and I'll say it here again - our 5 will always be on top until they decide to retire or the team gets broken-up.

What I've realized over my years as a Pistons fan is that I'm not much for one to love an organization; in my tenure at university I've learnt from Baron (economic philosopher) that corporate loyalty is for "suckers and fools". Joe and the organization is great, but the 5 players (Ben, Sheed, Chauncey, Rip and Prince) are what I read, watch and cheer about night in and night out - not the organization.
  2. max

max All-Star

Thats just the tip of the iseberg of all the LBJ hype going around. Admiditaly the league has made it hard to like him ( unless you are a Cavs fan ). Noone wants to see a 21yr punk get this kind of props when he has not earned it. And some the calls he gets when he plays your team are nothing short of the league cheating for the kidd.

Keep in mind its not Lebrans fault. He is not making statements or influencing the league in any way. He is just going out and playing. Problem is a lot of people are trying to make money off him.
  3. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I don't have a problem. He's not my hero. He's the hero of the next generation. When I watched MJ rise to the top I was a total MJ hater. He wasn't as good as Magic or Bird. Could he win. Could he make his teammates better. blah blah blah. Well hell, he did. Many times over.

So now we got this kid people call King James. Some people are looking for the hero to replace the one we lost. Other people are looking for a hero that belongs to them and not a bunch of older fans.

MJ cut a swath through the unkown territory of stardom...that kind of stardom that transcends basketball...people know where that path can go so they see this kid with all the promise AND they see the path that promise can take. ITs equal parts myth and money. C'mon...the next MJ? The next google? The next big thing. Its what we do. ITs like treating a commodity. You prospect it. Forecast it. Exploit it.

Is he better than MJ? The possibility is there that he could be. Who else can you talk about...kobe? puh-leeese.
  4. max

max All-Star

Slippy - the possiblity exists that LBJ can be the greatest. My intent with this thread was can he be? Yougest player to do this and that...

He has a long way to go and may not ever be able to match what MJ did with the Bulls playing for the Cavs. Even if he does turn out to be better.

Anything can happen. He can blow out a knee in a few years, develope an attitude and stop working on his game. The second scenerio is not that far fetched considering all the NBA is willing to give him that he has not earned yet.