1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Legit Draft Day Trade Scenarios

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by KGREG, May 28, 2010.

1. Gordoneuva

Gordoneuva Second Round Draft Pick

A trade I have been pondering has been: Detroit sending- Stuckey, Tayshaun, pick #7 to New Orleans for Darren Collison and Okafor.

Possible?

2. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

It works numbers wise... not sure its a decent trade, but the numbers balance out which is nice as alot of trades we make up are not going to be legal by the NBA's rules...

NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

3. max

max All-Star

Thanks appreciate that.

I have a feeling that the Elton Brand deal is going to happen. And it could really work out for us if Kander can get Brand back on track. I know Brand will never be worth 17mil/yr but we have to do something about this SG dilemma.

How many winning shots has Rip hit for us over the years? Other teams have to be looking at that.

4. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Those are good fries. Jefferson is young enough to have something to prove. Starting Center at age 25. Solid 17/10 guy. Will be the main man on the Pistons and what he needs. JD needs to work hard to get this done.

5. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I agree with you that probably the rest of the league values Rip more than we do. However, I don't see Rip bringing leadership to any team. I think we are all pretty aware of how much of a strength that is for Rip!? He would be a good fit in a contender that already has a bully (see Allen & KG). After all, wasn't that what his role was in 2004?

6. Walter

I say we trade CV to Tulsa for Pierson. We gotta bring some mental toughness to our front line.

7. monrams99

monrams99 First Round Draft Pick

I agree get rid of the Twit Admin!

8. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

I agree.

lol

9. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

As much as I like Collison, I'm not sure what I'd be willing to give up for him, mainly because picturing a starting backcourt of him and Gordon scares me to death. Not sold on Oak these days.

10. round

agreed, I am more on the Gordon bandwagon then most folks.... but I feel that we have to have a "big" PG to team with him so that they can swap on defense. Its the reason I don't like seeing Gordon and Bynum play together.

guard tadem of 6'0 and 6'3 if we do the trade.... scares me

Don't think Oak is anything more then a minor bench player on a team that is challenging for a title....

So the trade would get a big pass from me.

11. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Funny you should say that. Because today The Mad Trader will now discuss the potential of working a deal with the team picking 4th in the draft.

I don't care what anybody says, Minnesota is going to trade Kevin Love or Al Jefferson. Since BigAL makes the most $$$$ and is a little older I think he's the one to go. So what does it take to get BigAL???

Well If you're Minnesota, your team needs are:
    • SG / SF
    • A veteran presence
    • A proven winner
    I'd seriously move Rip AND Tay AND our 7th pick to get BigAL and their 16th pick!!!! They get ring bearers, vets and a legit All-star SG in Rip.

We get a big guy who can get you 20 and 10 everynight, the 16th pick (the area where Joe seems to have the most success in the draft) and we gain $11M worth of Cap Space, who knows it might be enough to entice...........David Lee!!!!!!!!

Imagine this lineup:

Starters: Stuckey / Gordon / Daye / BigAL / David Lee....LOOK AT THE FRONTCOURT!! We'd rule the glass!!

2nd Unit: Bynum / Summers / JJ /CV / Max / and the 16th pick....Not bad, not bad at all. Lot's of potential, and a alot of IF's to make this imaginary scenario a real one.

12. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Stop getting my hopes up KG! ;)

13. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

That's a helluva lot to give up KG. Good trade, but giving up Tay and Rip, two all-stars and a 7th for Al. What about Rip, Maxiel and maybe a 7th. Tay by himself would bring a good price on the open market to some team who just needs a piece or two to be championship caliber. I do like this trade though only with that exception.

14. Ryder

Ryder First Round Draft Pick

Have no problem with that trade, but if you look at that line-up, only Stuckey plays solid D. I would start Jerebko. Also would rather have Haywood instead of Lee at center, better defender and cheaper.

15. round

trade wise..... salary wise either or will be eough.... you'd have to get 3/4 of there roster to make a trade of both of them in a trade work.

16. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

That trade looks awesome..

Don't give me false hopes :(

17. Walter

I like this much better than the Brand trade.

The only change is I'd start JJ instead of Daye. For 2nd unit: Bynum, Daye, CV, Summers, Max/Wallace

Mmmm....

18. Gordoneuva

Gordoneuva Second Round Draft Pick

Defintely a good point. We would probably have to keep Rip and start him oppo Collison with BG as our 6th man.

19. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

David Lee does nothing Al Jefferson doesn't already do, it would be a bad idea to pair them up. Neither is a particularly good defender either, we'd get torched. Plus we can't afford to overpay someone like Lee. We need to avoid him at ALL COSTS.

20. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

25 year old guys who can get you 20 and 10 aren't easy to get, sometimes you gotta swing for the fences. I wouldn't initially offer that big of a package, but I'd eventually concede it to get big Al.

Minnesota is about $20+Million under the cap right now, they can take back almost $33Million in trade salaries. The numbers have to match up when both teams are over the salary cap.

Man Jay we don't agree on anything do we....lol.....that's cool, debates and disagreement are good for business around here. Just let me say a couple things (1) What's wrong with having two 20/10 guys upfront? Man David Lee was a monster last year, I'd love to see him upfront with JJ. (2) Guys learn defense in 7 game playoff series, if we can put a team on the floor who can get a 4 or 5 seed and win a playoff series (or at least push a higher seed to 6/7 games) we'll be back in business. But before you can win a playoff series, you need a team that can at least play .500 ball and make the playoffs.