Legit Draft Day Trade Scenarios

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by KGREG, May 28, 2010.

1. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Perceptive post.

My take on this myth making (current NBA entertainment style) is that defense is an extension only after confidence is created and maintained from the offensive end. Offensive victories in your mind-set is able to shift extra energy on the defensive side. You must be extremely athletic in not having this offensive backup. BenW use to get by by taking it out in the weight room and letting everyone know his has their back-side. LB always shifted some energy drink toward Ben's way and the defensive motor hummed the rest of the game.

2. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Under NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO circummstances should we buy, barter or steal a player like Arenas.

If Washington was giving him away, Joe say NOOOOOO. You guys have no idea of the Gilbert Arenas that we folks who lived in the Wash D.C. area had to endure.

He is CANCER plain and smple. In the local news constantly about some stupid ass mess that he was always involved in, from girlfriend issues, disrespectful to every coach that he ever had as a Wizard. I became so tired of hearing the disputes between Eddie Jordan and Arenas. Arenas was a regular fixture on Sportstalk radio here, calling in telling anyone that wanted to hear his problems with the coach, and his unwillingness to ever pkay defense.

TRUST ME you don't want this guy. He makes Artest looks like Ghandi, Martin Luther King, Golda Meir, Dali Lama and Mother Theresa all rolled up into one.

3. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

But would he be nice to the secretaries?

4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Touche!

5. armygirl

Without a doubt.

6. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

And I'd still take a chance!!!!

7. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Heck yeah. I'd take Arenas in a heartbeat if we could get him.

:hoops: (Notice the ball going IN the hoop for a change. Go for it.)

8. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

you maybe, but Fear the Fro surely no.

9. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

We sign Arenas and we'll be reminiscing about "the good old days when AI used to play for us".

10. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I think that Arenas is a penis.

...but I gotta believe that he is gonna be on his BEST behavior after missing 3/4 of a season for using his locker as a gun-safe.

I'd be ok trading for him IF:
    1. Joe could somehow convice Gilbert's agent to agree to some sort of early termination clause if his client steps outta line.

2. The Wizz take Rip Hamilton, his contract, and the picket fence offense that comes with him off of our hands.

3. Gilbert gets to mess-up Flip's desk on his way out the door.

11. Brap

Brap Starter

Just say no.

Arenas = a forever nightmare.

12. armygirl

You guys just have entirely too much time on your hands this summer.

Anytime we are resorting to looking at Arenas as a Pistons somebody have defintely fell in the till fill with Jack Beam.

Well I may as well not get my panties in a knot because #1 it is no way in hell that Dumars bring Arenas to the Pistons.

Secondly, did you all know that Arenas is owed over 105 million dollars. Plus he is a stone cuckoo bird.

13. Brap

Brap Starter

Yea ArmyGirl! That was excellent.

Agreed, no chance, no way, that Joe is interested in Arenas.

Here's a depressing article (unless we move up in the draft) saying this is a six player draft. We pick 7th. Dammit.

PISTONS: Finishing Touches

14. tads

tads First Round Draft Pick

Maybe we're trading down? They say the pistons did a lot of looking for the lower end picks, maybe we trade down and get one of the third tier bigs. All of the second tier bigs (Udoh, Davis, Aldrich) are probably not going to beat out any of current bigs (Max, Wallace, CV31, JJ) right out the bat, so whats the point. If we aren't getting someone who other teams are going to have to adjust their game plans for, why bother? If we aren't getting those top 3 bigs, we might as well deal for a lower pick and take whichever one drops.

...Or we just get rid of the pick altogether. If we can get someone like Al jefferson by just losing our pick and some accessories who really is going to sit around and lament that we didn't get Mr. Future all-rookie team? Showing the league that we are serious about winning, not baby-sitting youngsters might make us a possible target for some sign and trades.

15. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

See that's where you're WRONG!!! I don't even drink liqour anymore. It was a vat of Sam Adams!!!!

After last summer I don't know WTH Joe is thinking anymore, he turned Capp Spayce into 2 bench players who couldn't crack the starting lineup of a lottery team.

That's what they said about Sheed before he got here (sans the $105M), and his cuckoo'ness was exactly what we needed!!!!

I AM NOW DECLARING MYSELF [STRIKE]PRESIDENT[/STRIKE] SUPREME DICTATOR OF THE, GILBERT ARENAS HALL OF FAME CLUB!!!!

16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

What if Dumars decided to get the band back together before the team is sold and he is fired.

Stuckey/ Cleaves/ Blalock
    Delfino/ Afflalo/ Acker/ Paulding
    Prince/ Daye/ Mejia/ Washington
    Maxiell/ Amir/ Summers
    Okur/ Darko/ Glynny

We'd be feared across the league.

17. linwood

linwood All-Star

Hibachi!

18. armygirl

I Hate College (remix) - Sam Adams

lazyboyrecords

lazyboyrecordsDecember 09, 2009 — Boston rapper, Sam Adams I Hate College (remix). Please feel free to subscribe to see Sam Adams new videos, hea...

Are you talking about this Sam Adams? lol. If it is, don't fall too hard, if so, you may want to use a shot glass instead of a Vat. LOl.

19. armygirl

Charlie & Ben couldn't crack the rotation, I agree with you. BUT please realize Arenas, was using crack while he was in the rotation. Yes Greg Gilbert was not passing the rock, he was using the rock.

Sheed had a pretty big contract, not as large as Arenas, he also had a reputation as being a head case, I agreee with you there, but at least he didn't try to shoot his teamates, Sheed was a family man who had the highest regard for his wife and kids. Unlike Arenas who police have made several calls to his home for beating his wife, he had 2 women who he openly discussed as being mothers to his two different kids and he alternately lived with them both.

No thank you to Arenas, I will take 3 Sheeds for a 100 and buy an Artest with a vowel Pat. Hell no to Arenas.

20. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

KGREG: look it at different perspective: Dumars was not able to handle "complacency disease" during flip era, from where you take that either Q or dumars can contain one total nuthead?

do you really think that Arenas is a good example for jerebko, daye and summers?