1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Legit Draft Day Trade Scenarios

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by KGREG, May 28, 2010.

1. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I'm not sure enough about all of this to flat-out say that we should make a play for Hibachi. But with the roster as disfunctional as it currently is, it's gonna take one or two BOLD moves to swing this thing back around.

2. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I'm in Saginaw, home of Jason Richardson. J and Gilbert came into the league at the same time (played in GSW together) and remain pretty close. Gil has made several trips here to support all of J's community projects he does over the summer, always seemed like a good guy to me, funny as hell. Gil doesn't do anything that most young 20 sumthin millionaires don't do. And if I'm going to say no to an NBA super-scorer because he has "Baby-Mama Drama", we're going to have a hard time fielding a roster. Let's look at it this way, if Gil put it together mentally he'd be one helluva force, I think that after all that has happened he's finally at that point where he's ready to put it all together. He's at that point where Joe likes to bring guys in for a chance to show what they can do.

3. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

KGREG, all your rant is highly speculative what if-s

then he needs serious pressure and Detroit cant offer him it:the only possible scenario is shot at the ship - and detriot is many, many miles away from it.And even this may not be enough....

all those well known methods around the league- fines, DNPs- well, not working in the case of Arenas.

I'm pretty sure all this gansta stuff - NBA and team can officials handle those cases where young player takes gangsta culture too seriously, behind the closed doors.

But waving guns in lockerroom is simply new level of, I dunno, immaturity, paranoia?

Also, take it from imago level: detroit is known as high crime city- bringing Arenas in only strenghtens this image and I'm sure that is something, owner of Detriot Pistons does not want to do.

Sheed was and is simply a loudmouth. large and rowdy but harmless.

4. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

We're about a week out from the draft and as of today it looks like Demarcus Cousins is just outside of our reach. This 7th pick is really ugly. Without making a move it is highly unlikely that we will get a guy who can come in and contribute in a meaningful way, unless you think Udoh or Aminu are just that good. C'mon Joe, SWING FOR THE DARN FENCES.

5. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

I'm afraid that other GMs know all that wery well and are demanding high prices for opportunity to climb up in the draft.

6. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

New Orleans and Denver both want to move up into the top 10. NO is offering Collison, if you'll take a bad contract back too. Den is offering Ty Lawson. SanAnton is rumored to offering Hill or Parker. Not much out there.

7. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

well, for rebuilding team - only Collison makes sense - higher picks belong rebuilding teams, after all.

Therefore those teams are not interested in neither tay or rip but probably in JJ, daye, etc. that is my guess.

trading rip scenario - almost contender team is willing to pay the price for race and bites.

8. Brap

Brap Starter

Chad Ford is suggesting that the Pistons could have the #5 pick and Nocioni for Tay and the 7th in his latest mock draft, but that the Pistons aren't biting on that right now.

Every time I look at the mock drafts, I get completely uninspired by our sitting 7th. IMO, this looks like a 6 player draft for us - and that none of Favors, Cousins and Monroe, the 3 guys we want, are going to slide to us. We're going to be left with guys who play SG and SF, and we absolutely don't need those positions filled in this draft.

The Pistons simply have to trade this pick - up or down. And if we trade down, it better be for a legitimate young big man. ("Calling Al Jefferson. Mr. Jefferson on line 2").

If we stay put and draft BPA that's going to totally suck.

9. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Then Joe must be getting some really great offers for Tay.....or not!

10. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

That's not a great offer. Nocioni sucks and in this draft it seems like #5 pick is not that greater than a #7 pick. I don't blame Joe for staying put. He can get better deals involving Tay.

11. Mossberg

Mossberg Bench Warmer 3x Fantasy Champion

Umm, Nocioni JUST got traded! :D

Sources: Philadelphia 76ers trade center Samuel Dalembert to Sacramento Kings - ESPN

This may change what they do with their draft pick.

12. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

13. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

#5 means Demarcus Cousins, and red flag or no red flag he's the player in this draft that serves our most pressing need, center, at least from Joe's perspective. Me I think we have about 4 or 5 pressing needs. But you can't deny that the chance to bring in a big strong 6'11" - 250lb center who's body is already filled out is not tantalizing.
    Heck yeah it does, now, does GSW pass on Cousins too? But for who, Greg Monroe? I dunno, but at least this means we will get a frontcourt player (Monroe or Cousins) who can play. I can't believe this! Also if GSW drafts Cousins, does that put Biedrins on the trading block?

If Cousins falls into our lap, you all do realize Joe will not make a single roster change, right?

14. tads

tads First Round Draft Pick

Let's think this out

1. Wizards - Wall

2. Sixers - Cousins -- Now they have a more glaring deficiency at center, and an extra wing. If Cousins is as impressive as he was in sactown, how fitting would it be for "the next moses malone" to be in philly?

3. Nets - Evans -- The guy they wanted all along

4. T-Wolves- Johnson

5. Kings - Favors -- Yes they have a glaring hole at the wing, and yes they already have a bunch of bigs, but who would you take? Be real, it's not Aminu.

6. Warriors - ??????? -- Does it matter? We aren't getting the two big ones, so unless we trade up we up we are still sifting through the dregs

7. Pistons - Monroe? Aldrich? -- Basically the same scenario from before.

Hopefully, the trade may have set up some other trade with the Pistons and Sacramento, If they aren't high on favors or cousins, maybe they'll trade down to take aminu and pick up a future first rounder from detroit or something.

15. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

I don't know if the Nets will pass on Favors..

And I don't know yet if Philly will pass on Favors too..

I think that it would be like:

1- Wall
    2- Favors
    3- Cousins (The Nets will not hesitate to have Lopez and COusins under the Basket.. I mean.. is very likely that in a few years they could be like Gasol and Bynum)
    4- Evan Turner (What Minnesota Always want)
    5- Wesley Johnson or Aminu.
    6- Wesley Johnson or Aminu or Greg Monroe
    7- Greg Monroe or Ed Davis

We still are in the same position..

16. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Naw folks......all of this predraft trading is causing Cousins to move down.
    1. Wash - Wall
    2. Phi - Evans, they are still not going to pass on Evans, they're going to move Iggy to the SF, where he belongs, or to another team. The 2 guys they traded weren't focal points and they've been trying to move both of them for a while.
    3. NJ - Favors, NJ is not going to pair up 2 centers in Lopez and Cousins.
    4. Minn - Johnson, if Cousins agent blew off their workout, well.....
    5. Sacto - ???? Not sure, as of now they have a lot of size upfront, they need a PG, I still think they trade this pick for either Ty Lawson (Den would take Greg Monroe) or Darren Collison (New Orl would take Cousins)....at this point this makes the most sense. If they keep the pick, Al Aminu!
    6. GSW - Cousins or Monroe.
    7. DETROIT - Monroe or Cousins.
    I swear if Cousins goes 6th and we miss him by 1 pick I'll be sick all season, unless he turns out to be a bust. If we can nab one of the 2 centers this opens us up to many possibilities.

17. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

A lot of stars need to line up for Cousins to fall to #7. I don't even think #5 pick = Cousins.

18. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

If Philadelphia picks Favors.

In the case that New Jersey already know that Bosh or Lee or Amare will sign with them, I think that they will pick Turner, but if they don't know, I think that they will pick Cousins (Lopez is Taller and have a descent mid range shooting) IS like playing with 2 centers, it's something that can be done.

If not, New JErsey will draft Turner and Minnesota Wesley Johnson. Which leaves Cousins to 5th.

We'll see, only 6 days to NBA Draft.
    I'm really excited!

19. Brap

Brap Starter

I wish I were excited. I don't think it's very likely that the draft will fall the way the Pistons want it to - in that the guys we're targeting will be picked by #6, leaving us with guys to pick that are redundant to the guys we already have (and frankly already like), or with guys who are not worthy of the #7 pick.

Unless we make a trade, and that's very possible, I think this is shaping up to be a guy who won't help us all that much.

20. Brap

Brap Starter