Legit Draft Day Trade Scenarios

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by KGREG, May 28, 2010.

1. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Once Sammy Mejia is on their Summer League team we will know whats going on.
  2. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Now this is interesting:
    Hornets’ Paul draws interest as draft nears - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

I wonder if the Cousins thing doesn't work out we could package Tay or Rip or Gordon + Daye or JJ + 7th pick for CP3?
  3. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Golden State is sitting in a Golden position, it's a 6 player draft and they're sitting at #6. Anybody who is available at #6 will fill their team needs. One of the following is going to land in their lap Greg Monroe or Demarcus Cousins, they really have us by the balls. Kudos to Joe for going hard after the #4 pick (at least that's what the rumor is), get err done Joe. Now, Minn wants Wes Johnson, I'm sure they'd trade down if they knew they could get their guy Johnson at #7 and they could get an additional player off our roster, but again, no way GS lets that happen. So if you're the T-Wolves would you bypass Wes Johnson for one of the following combinations, because that's essentially who they're trading:
    • Rip & Aminu - or - Johnson
    • Tay & Aminu - or - Johnson
    • JJ & Aminu - or - Johnson
    • Daye & Aminu - or - Johnson
    • CV31 & Aminu - or - Johnson
    I mean just how bad do they want Wes Johnson???

Now as far as I'm concerned we have $31M in contracts (Rip, Tay, CV31, Max, Wilcox) I'd gladly give away just for Capp Spayce, and if it lands us the #4 pick too, that would simply be a bonus. In short, swing for the fences Joe, you're in a can't lost situation here unless they want JJ AND Daye......
  4. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

5. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

New Orleans don't really want to take back salary so Tay is the obvious answer. Stojakovic is on his last legs so he would fit at the 3. Throw in Bynum too.
  6. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

We dont have Bynum to throw in, he's a free agent albeit a restricted one. The mere tought of a Collison/Gordon backcourt scares the begeezus out of me.
  7. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Oh yeah right, sorry. Looked at the wrong year for Bynum. Forget that then.

Good scare or bad scare?
  8. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Bad scare, like that kid in that movie The 6th Sense, but instead of dead people I see .200 winning percentages
  9. S.J.

S.J. Bench Warmer Forum Donor

! :pound:

The big question is..

What Minnesota wants?

Prince? Hamilton? CV31? Maybe Stuckey? Maybe Jerebko and/or Daye?

If we could give Hamilton + CV31 + Maxiell + Wilcox + Summers + 36th pick in exchange of the 4th pick + 16th pick or 23rd pick + some bad players with high salaries and a few more years before being free agents to match the salaries in the trade..

I will do it (who doesn't, right?)

I know I'm dreaming, but if we could keep our 7th pick an get the 4th, that would be huge.
  10. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

If Minnesota is trying to woo The General in anticipation of a big offseason acquisition, they can forget it. Lee stays.
  11. Brap

Brap Starter

PISTONS: Wakeup Call

Let's pretend that CV really is in the picture. It's true, no matter what our eyes saw from him last season, that his season was ruined - totally decimated - by injuries. We saw a shell of the athlete that he should have been last season, and based on this article, he's going to be a better and healthier athlete this season - perhaps even a guy who's signficantly better on D.

If that's the case, CV is a borderline all-star PF; no question he has major talent. We'll see - I don't trust CV yet, but it's unfair not to include him in the mix because of those injuries.

That leaves us with a lot of redundancy among CV, Daye and Summers and JJ. I'm not saying they're the same player. But they are competing for a lot of the same minutes at the 2 (Daye and even Summers there) with Gordon and Rip, the 3 (with Daye, Summers and JJ) competing with
    Tay for as long as he's here and the 4.

Joe D has got serious assets to trade. I firmly believe that we're the frontrunner in any trade possibilities to move up in the draft - or even to put together a package for a team willing to trade a top PG (Paul or Collison in NJ - one of those two guys WILL be traded this summer).
  12. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

A healthy CV is a borderline all star if defense, passing and rebounding weren't important as his position.
  13. blackhawk

blackhawk First Round Draft Pick

He's not that bad..don't forget conditioning
  14. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

I can't imagine Hornets would trade CP3 that cheap. After all, he is argubly a top 2 PG in the league and their franchise player or I would even go so far as to say that he is the franchise. I'd love it if they did it though. In my book Paul is slightly ahead of Williams so going from Stuck to the best PG in the league is pretty decent move.
  15. blackhawk

blackhawk First Round Draft Pick

Looks like Aminu is going to be the best talent available at 7.
  16. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Here's how bad I want the #4 Pick (Cousins) I'd give them Rip, Tay, #7pk, and next years 1st rd pick. We get a young big and $24-Million in Capp Spayce!!!!! Hellooooooo D-Wade and David Lee......Ok I'm gonna wake up now.
  17. S.J.

S.J. Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I can't stop dreaming, too
  18. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Well Joe's former partner in crime just made a trade, Milw gets Maggette and GS gets Charlie Bell and Gadzuric. Pretty good move by both teams, Maggs contract is UGLY!!!!
  19. tads

tads First Round Draft Pick

I wonder if this means they are clearing room to draft Aminu? This means either Monroe or Cousins can drop, and we don't have another frail tall player with tremendous upside (Davis).

Following the draft has been depressing for the past day and a half, If we are stuck without Monroe or Cousins available, the players on the board aren't going to be able to play center and we are stuck with the question mark. We should trade Wilcox/JMax and get a second pick and get two CENTERS and let them battle it out through vegas and practice, hopefully one will pull a Jerebko and we can actually have a roster for a change.
  20. Brap

Brap Starter

Maggette running with Jennings is a pretty nice fit. Salmons was stupid to opt out - his situation with that team was pretty nice, and he's overrating his own value around the league, I'll bet.