Let the Detroit bashing begin

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by mercury, Jan 23, 2006.

1. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Within an hour after the Seattle/Carolina game I heard two basketball announcers demeaning Detroit
    "Unfortunately it's in Detroit with all that Snow"
    Angie Menche (sp) who has been a long time sportcaster on Fox Detroit is now working in Seattle... she says "It's too bad we gotta go back to Detroit"

Detroit is spending millions to put their best foot forward for the guest.
    I've got a sister in law that works for the DNR downtown... they're grabbing as any city workers available from all departments and converting them over to temporary greeters and public service representatives.

At least the financial impact will be lasting (although there's some internal discussions of misappropriation)

This will be an incredible opportunity for the city within a 3 or 4 year window with NBA championship games.... Final fFour, SuperBowl etc.

Nobody likes hearing their city bashed on a regular basis so Detroiters will have to once again put on their thick skin and take another media cheap shot blitz.

Who knows maybe they'll walk away pleasantly surprised by the efforts.

Cue Mitch Alobom.
  2. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

3. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Starter Forum Donor

That's a very nice article. Rosenberg is getting back on my good side despite his LB fixation.