Let the trading frenzy begin

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by vthomp, Jan 26, 2006.

1. vthomp

vthomp First Round Draft Pick

Boston And Minny Trade

Boston and Minny are trying to complete a trade check this out.
    Boston gets Candi, Wally, Dewayne Jones and 1st round pick
    Minny gets Blount, Davis, Banks, and Reed. cond 2nd ROund pick

This trade is like trading crap for poop, I'm mean C'mon. This trade is just to make a trade niether team got better and niether team will do anything anyway.

Just thought I add this to the Pistons fan since we have to play them next week(Minny)

2. Griffin

Griffin First Round Draft Pick

Boston/Minny Trade

Just announced a few minutes ago on NBAtv:

[​IMG] Celts get:
    Wally Szczerbiak
    Michael Olowokandi
    Dwayne Jones
    Conditional 1st round pick

[​IMG] Wolves get:
    Ricky Davis
    Mark Blount
    Marcus Banks
    Justin Reed
    Two 2nd round picks

3. Griffin

Griffin First Round Draft Pick

Re: Boston/Minny Trade

I'm underwhelmed with this trade. Looks like mediocracy for mediocracy.

KG's never been a Wally guy, and I can see him enjoying a wingman like Ricky. He's in the mold of Sam and Latrell.

Kandi for Blount? Same players, different faces, unless you think the former #1 is actually worse than ol' Crazy Face. Which might be true.

As for Wally in Green. I don't really care. He's white, so I guess they'll like that in Boston.

4. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

The NBA trade deadline is not for almost another month (Feb 23), but teams have already started making moves.

The big names so far of course are Ronnie and Peja but wait this is just the beginning.

Boston and Minnesota have just pulled a 7 man deal sending Wally World, Candy Man, Dwayne Jones, and a 1st round pick to Boston for Ricky Davis, Mark Blount, Justin Reed, Marcus Banks, and 2 future conditional 2nd round picks.

That means that Boston is a man short so they are probably looking to make more moves before the deadline comes. It could also be one of those cases where we will trade you so and so but you have to cut him so we can pick him back up.

Also on a side note Phoenix acquires Nikoloz Tskitishvili from Minnesota for a 2006 second-round draft pick

Who will be next?? What team will try to put itself in the playoff race, or who will just try to clear cap space for upcoming free agents??????

5. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

If I'm not mistaken, the new CBA has a rule that a team trading a player away cannot resign him again for 30 (ish) days?

I think Stern called it the "Dammit Joe D. stop trading away guys and then resigning them the same week! Its not fair!" Rule.

Of course I could be completely wrong - it happened once. I just seem to remember reading it somewhere.

Anyone else know more?

6. Abe Froemen

I forgot about the dammit Joe D rule my bad you are right lol

7. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

Re: Boston And Minny Trade

now they pistons haven't lost since i've attended this year, so i don't expect them to start now. i'm taking my mother to the game though, so if the pistons lose you can blame her.

i also agree on the crap for poop analogy

8. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

sounds like a trade just to make a trade...bunch of randoms from one team, for a bunch of randoms from another team

9. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

darko / arroyo / 1st-rounder for garnett

10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

http://www.pistonsforum.com/nba-stuff/791-lm-coons-nba-salary-cap-faq-updated-2005-cba.html

I kinda coined that name for it.

We can't trade back to back 1st rounders. We traded a 1st rounder for Arroyo (this coming draft) so we can only offer our 2008 first round pick.

That's a baaaaaaad trade. Darko, Arroyo and a 1st are like giving up three number 1 picks for Garnett. Plus, Minny already has 2 PGs. You need to work a third team into the deal to take Arroyo or Jaric if it's going to make any sense.

Not surprised to see Skita traded again. Doesn't make sense sending him to Phoenix though. Jerry Colangelo was quoted as saying that it was the ideal place for him in the NBA, well...

Didn't they trade a very similar player (Zarko "Chewbacca" Chabarkapa sp!) away to Golden State? How does that make any sense?

11. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

Yup exactly, just player for player.

But maybe all the teams are after the chemistry so it shouldn't matter much.

12. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

On espn radio tonight they were saying that Wally and KG did not get along. I guess Rex Chapman (who is now some higher up in the Minny org.) went into the locker room Sunday and blasted both saying "Can't you two play together???" Apparently both replied "I can play with ANYONE". So it was obvious something had to be done.

Also they said R.Davis comes with a lot of baggage.

13. Abe Froemen

Both teams are just trying to do something to get a spark.

After Minny got their butts kicked by Detroit and the coach they fired they get their butts kicked the next day by Memphis a team that has passed them by. It must have been a rude awakening because the next day they pull the trigger on a move that ships out their 2nd leading scorer and they lose a first round pick. At 2 games under .500 19-21 and only a couple of games out of the 8th seed this is probably a last ditch effort to try and make the playoffs by bringing in different talent. Imo this is not the end of trading for Minnesota they are seriously guard heavy now.

Boston at 17-25 is also only a few games out of the 8th seed and let’s face it sucking. The move for them does not make as much sense unless you figure they are just trying to free up cap space to make another move later. Candy Mans contract runs out after this year and they did get a first rounder out of the deal. Besides they have been shopping Blount for awhile and they probably hope this lights a fire under the young guys Jefferson and Perkins. Boston is a very young team and they might be hoping that Wally’s experience will help out.

Both teams are on the verge of losing their big guns. Paul Pierce probably wants out of Boston as bad as KG wants out of Minny to bad they were not involved in the deal or this could have been a real trade worth getting excited over.

14. Pastor Flournoy

Pastor Flournoy First Round Draft Pick

IMO Boston at least gets more stability in Wally. I have him in my fantasy team and he almost always has 18-24 points, and almost always shoots around %50. He is not going to go off for 35 many times, but he is steady. Davis on the other hand my have 30 one night and 6 the next. May shoot lights out or go 3 out of 100. One thing the celtics do have now is a high % shooting team, between West, Wally and Paul P.

15. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

It's the system. Watch Davis blossom. I'd say Wally's stock goes down now. We'll see.

16. #1Pistonfan

#1Pistonfan First Round Draft Pick 2x Fantasy Champion

Re: RICKY or WALLY

I like the trade for both teams, but Minny clearly gained more from it.

17. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i was kinda kidding but yeah :)

18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

And occasionally, he scores 0!

19. Pastor Flournoy

Pastor Flournoy First Round Draft Pick

All Timberwolves got was another Spree. Great talent but there is a reason no one keeps him on their team long.

20. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Minny gets the best out of this trade. Blount is the wildcard. He has been disappointing thus far this season, but he has shown glimpses of promise in previous years. New system could help his cause.