Let the trading frenzy begin

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by vthomp, Jan 26, 2006.

1. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

This year everyone knows that Flip was not part of the problem in Minny... So the guy that fired him had to take sole responsibility for the talent he brought in (and the high cap to boot).
    All fingers were pointing right at McHale... he had to make a move to show that he's trying to do something or be put on the owners hit list next.
  2. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

3. Abe Froemen

4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Pretty interesting stuff if you buy into SKLuck's piece on 84% of starters are typically first round picks. In essence they got an expiring deal in Williams for immediate help, and Hunter for a less than MLE deal (4 more years) as a big to backup and develop for diddly squat.

I'm really intrigued by what the Killer Bees are up to.
  5. Abe Froemen

6. Abe Froemen

I am almost 100% positive that Jalen played for Brown in Indy in 96-97 Browns last year there. Jalen had his worst year that year only scoring 7.3 points a game. I wonder how this time around will go?? I also wonder if it means Qrich might be on his way out as well?? I think NY is not done making moves.
  7. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Zeke apparently loves offensive minded players who can't defend. I think this might be another disastrous move by my favorite Piston. I like Jalen, but I don't see how he helps a team filled with chuckers.
  8. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Sounds to me that the first-round draft pick could be the real jewel here.
  9. roscoe36

I love this trade. Toronto clears cap space, gains a pick and brings back one of their better players from the past.

New York gets a player who can play 1~3 and clears up their front court to allow more PT for Frye and Lee along with Curry.

Now if they can turn QRich into some good picks, they can start playing Ariza again.

Don't forget that Penny comes of the books this year as well. Zeke is filling the (playing) roster (Ariza, Frye, Lee, Robinson etc) with low priced young talent. It takes time to overhaul and Rome was not built in a day.
  10. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

You ever been to Rome, Georgia? That might have been built in a day.
  11. Laimbeer_84

Laimbeer_84 Second Round Draft Pick

Watsup all I'm new to the forum and I just gotta say that Zeke is one of the worst GM's in the league. Crawford, Richardson, Rose and Marbury (he'll never fit Brown's PG mold) are all the same types of player they shoot first and play awful D. Knicks have the highest payroll in the league and the 3rd worst record. Last but not least there is the Jerome James fiasco one of the worst free agent signings of Thomas' career. The long term huge contracts are no good and even the short term ones aren't great. Rose is gonna make $15 million this year and has the option to resign and make $17 million!!! next year. Rose is no longer a superstar and cannot command numbers like that. Also Eddy Curry is decent but wasn't worth all that Thomas gave up for a player the still could have health issues in the near future. Overall Zeke gets a 2 on a scale of 1-10 as a GM.
  12. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It was actually T.O. that sent a first round pick to NY, not the other way around. T.O. also sent an undisclosed amount of cash.

Davis is off the books after this season, which will help the Raps with cap space and they get Jalen's $16.9 million for next season off the books.

The pick T.O. sends to NY is one they got in a previous deal with Denver. Toronto already has a very young team, so they could use the extra cap space for a free agent more than they could use another young guy.
  13. Laimbeer_84

Yea Zeke has got the youth movement going on there, his three rookies are all making it to the rookie sophmore game and Jackie Butler has shown flashes of talent. Still I don't think he's going to be able to write Rose's contract off the books next year because I think it's Rose's option not the teams and if thats the case I can't see why he would turn down the $17 million because no one else will give him anywhere near that on the free agent market. Plus Thomas has the whole harassment scandal going down. I'm predicting some Fire Thomas signs at least by the time when the Pistons head there in March. New York is not a forgiving or patient city.
  14. roscoe36

Hey guys, I read today that the Steven Hunter trade is OFF because his health couldn't pass muster. I'm sure you can google got the details. I read a LOT of articles today and regretfully didn't save the link.
  15. roscoe36

16. roscoe36

The Charlotte Bobcats today acquired forward/center Lonny Baxter from Houston in exchange for guard Keith Bogans, it was announced by Bobcats General Manager & Head Coach Bernie Bickerstaff.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_16075.shtml
  17. Abe Froemen

Here is a trade that had me going:confused::der::loco: The Hornets who lost birdman chris andersen earlier and who nixed the Steven Hunter trade for a failed physical and are still short a center, just traded one away:doh: They traded Maciej Lampe to the Houston for back up point guard Moochie Norris because both Chris Paul and Speedy Claxton are hurt. Here is the link but just because it happened does not mean it makes sense.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2329545
  18. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Speedy played tonight (N.O. won with .5 seconds left)... could also mean they're getting ready to ship speedy for a big man.
  19. Laimbeer_84

I don't think speedy's going anywhere, hornets have needed another guard for a while now and moochie is not a viable backup PG for a team trying to make it to the playoffs.
  20. Abe Froemen