Let the trading frenzy begin

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by vthomp, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Laimbeer_84

Laimbeer_84 Second Round Draft Pick

Just peeped this in the transactions section of ESPN.com

Clips Acquired forward Vladimir Radmanovic from the Seattle SuperSonics in exchange for forward Chris Wilcox.

heres the link
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/transactions

Pretty big tade but don't think that its gonna help the Clips too much if they can make it to the playoffs. Vlad Rad is a PF they need a 3.

Also this probably signals the end to reggie evans in seattle

2. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

84 ..you gotta watch the wire if you want to stay on top. I check every few hours (o.c.d. maybe?) just because you never know what some of these teams are gonna do. I can almost feel a Francis trade comin on soon and the Knicks want him bad.

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Brown and Zeke wheel and deal!

Francis dealt to Knicks for Penny, Ariza
    By Chris Sheridan
    ESPN

Steve Francis is headed to New York under a deal agreed to Wednesday by the Knicks and the Orlando Magic.

The teams agreed to a trade of Francis for Penny Hardaway and Trevor Ariza.

In New York, Francis will be paired with Stephon Marbury as the highest-paid backcourt duo in the NBA.

The Knicks were still talking with several other clubs as team president Isiah Thomas worked at remaking a roster that has stumbled to the league's second-worst record, 15-37.

4. linwood

linwood All-Star

Wow, Imagine the team that Joe could assemble if Mr. D gave him that kind of cash.

5. Pastor Flournoy

Pastor Flournoy First Round Draft Pick

Zeke is the worst GM in the history of the game. How does this deal help at all? If I am GM I realize I have 0 chance to compete and almost no chance for playoff's. I would eat these contracts that expire this year, Trade SM (you guys in Fantsasy know I love to trade the big names)for some young players who are cheap and have potential. Get on the phone with Hawks they love giving players away, and then hit the Free Agency Market over the next two years.

Zeke has put the Knicks out of contention for at least the next 5 years. I am glad Davidson knew what he was doing when he let Zeke cry his way out the door instead of taking the executive spot. On a lighter note it seems as if the Magic have really put a gameplan together for their future.

Oh yeah.......I would fire Larry Brown before he kills all my young players like Frye.

6. roscoe36

I like this trade.

Asembling a winning team takes a "blueprint". ;) Joe understands that talent has to fit and fill deficiencies. Zeke just stockpiles talent.

7. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

i wonder if the magic will resign lil penny as well

8. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

was that a shout out? :)

9. roscoe36

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2341845

Three-way deal brings Watson to Sonics
    By Marc Stein
    ESPN.com

Denver Nuggets guard Earl Watson, arguably mentioned in more trade scenarios this season than any other player in the league, is headed back to the team that drafted him.

The Seattle SuperSonics, desperate for a defensive-minded point guard as an alternative to Luke Ridnour, will receive Watson, swingman Bryon Russell and a future second-round pick from Denver in a three-team deal. NBA front-office sources told ESPN.com that the trade has been forwarded to the league office for approval before Thursday's 3 p.m. trading deadline.

10. Laimbeer_84

Laimbeer_84 Second Round Draft Pick