Let's talk about Stuckey for a second

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Kidstealth, Jul 22, 2009.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

To be fair, TaShawn is evaluating Joe pro and con on his personality. It's not just deficiencies but they are part of a complete package.
  2. G-man

G-man Starter

To be fair, Walter is evaluating TaShawns evaluation of the dictatorial vs non-dictatorial nature of the GM business. While I was evaluating TaShawns evaluating the actual information provided C-note before C-note was sent to Denver. C-note had most obviouosly already done some evaluation because he suggested he'd prefer to land in Denver. The Denver staff had already completed their evaluations and thought a Iverson for C-note plus gratuities was a fair trade. Iverson evaluated whether or not he should waive his contracts no-trade clause (something I'm wondering wasn't also in C-notes contract) and then came to the conclusion he would do it, if he could wear C-notes jersey to offend the fan base and start a rumour that C-note may actually have passed on (like Paul McCartneys walking barefoot on he Abbey Road album cover). C-note then evaluated Iverson's wearing #1 and was throroughly befuddled as thought he owned a copyright on all Pistons #1 jerseys and wondered why his marketing manager would allow such a breach (he was evaluating terminating the manager). Meantime, in Dyess's evaluation the whole thing stunk the room up and he elected to re-value his future, he told Denver that he wanted out. Denver then re-evaluated the whole process and decided they were happier than small hogs rolling around in used disposable baby diapers. This is somewhere near where our story begins as by now TaShawn was completely peeved because he read how shocked C-note appeared over Iverson wearing the Pistons #1 (not realizing C-note was evaluating possible legal fees involved in suing Joe Dumars for allowing Iverson to breach his copyrighting and wondering if signed away those rights when agreed to waive his no-trade clause as he hadn't really evaluated those papers very well in his excitement to get back to Denver).

You know the rest of the story..
  3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Chauncey reaffirmed his greatness, Dyess made a terrible strategic and financial error, and Dumars and AI are currently residing in the "where are they now file." :MusicBigGrin:
  4. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

ROFL!:pound::pound:
  5. G-man

G-man Starter

FYI - Guy's that have worn the #1 in Detroit. Lindsey Hunter wore it just as long as Chauncey and also won a ring in Detroit with Chauncey. If they retire the #1, should it have two names on it?

• Lindsey Hunter 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 00
    • Chauncey Billups 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09
    • Allen Iverson 09
    • Dana Barros 01, 02
    • Kevin Porter 77, 78, 79
    Players outside Detroit wearing the #1 the longest;

• Rod Strickland - 16 years
    • Anfernee Hardaway - 14 years
    • Tracy McGrady - 12 years
    • Mugsey Bogues - 12 years
    • Gus Williams - 11 years
    • Wes Matthews - 9 years
    • Chris Childs - 9 years
  6. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I was gonna start a new thread but this title sounded pretty on-point.

I'm giving Rod Stuckey until the end of the pre-season until I start my "move Stuckey to the bench" campaign. I wanna see if dude has added ANYTHING to his game over the summer. I didn't catch the Heat game last night but by reading some posts on this forum and articles from the fish-wraps, Stuck didn't impress.

On paper, Gordon & Rip starting with Will and Rod backing them up is starting to look pretty good. With Ben's outside shooting, Will taking it to the rack would be a good change-'o-pace. Same can be said for Rip and Rodney.
  7. Special K

Special K Second Round Draft Pick

I was at the game last night, and Stuckey was disappointing. Im glad that we have someone with such a high energy level in Bynum because he makes the game fun to watch. In the case that it was the first time the team played another team this season, I can understand that no one had a perfect game. Ben Gordon had 6 turn-overs and Jonas will most likely get suspended for fighting. All in all, I think there will be some improvement with team chemistry after the first few games. Austin Daye had a pretty good game too :)
  8. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

I don't think this can all be put on Stuckey. The fact is, he is being forced to play out of position, and then is getting criticized because he's not great at it.

Stuckey can be a very good 2, or a very mediocre 1. The problem is we have two 2's in Rip and Gordon. IMHO, best case scenario, we trade Rip for value (and Tay for a bunch of tiny bags), start Gordon, and have Stuckey as backup 2. Stuckey should thrive in that situation.

I love this lineup (might be a lottery lineup this year, but watch out next year):
    Bynum, Gordon, Daye, CV, anyone other than what we have. W/ Stucky and the other rooks off the bench.
  9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Stuckey can't be a shooting guard... because he's a weak shooter.

He's just a big PG who likes to drive into traffic. Doesn't fit the mold, but that doesn't mean that he won't work out. We've seen what he can do when he's playing well and that has beeen promising.
  10. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

Suckey still can't pass to his teammates in the rhythm of an offense. He ALWAYS hesitates. The guy sucks.

Bynum > Stuckey

No question about it.
  11. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    I just posted this in the game thread, but here's my 2 cents. Stuckey is a young player who was made to learn a new position by Pistons. He's also on his 3rd coach in his 3rd NBA season. I'd give him some time to develop and get hang of things. If he's still struggling 25-30 games into the season, then I'll start worrying.
  12. raxrets

raxrets Starter

1st preaseason game and ppl are already demanding trades and throwing players under bus?

yawn.
  13. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I understand what you're saying, here's what I keep asking myself, are we trying to force a square peg into a round hole by making Stuckey a PG? There are so many players who have come through this league and failed because some coach or GM kept playing them out of position. Last year Minn began to turn the corner a little bit and have something that resembled success and it came as a result of them scrapping the idea that Randy Foye was a PG (where he was doing OK) and they moved him to his natural SG position, where he and the team began to flourish.

Not exactly, just pointed out some observations from the game and folks ran with it. The truth is however, Rodney is struggling making the transition to PG. In that preseason game we had 4 different players play the point: Rodney, WB, BenG, and Tay; of the 4 Stuckey looked the most uncomfortable, I promise you that if you saw the game you would agree.
  14. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:darkoalert:
  15. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I think (for me anyway), it's more of a case of being the off-season and people are all starved for something to talk about. I'm not ready to give up on Stuck just yet. I'm also not ready to anoint him like so many others were last season.

There's a place for him in the association and there's a place for him on the Pistons roster. Whether it's at PG or SG, starter or bench, remains to be seen.
  16. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

My EXACT sentiment.
  17. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

No, it's MY exact sentiment!!!!:MusicBigGrin:

I like your sig, BDL. :good:
  18. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I watched the game and had the same feeling as KGreg about Stuckey. Just a gut feeling from watching him play.
  19. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Was Stuckey struggling at the point with a standard line-up of Tay at the 3 and Rip or Gordon at the 2 or was it the vaunted 3 guard look that gave him difficulty?
  20. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Here is what I posted pretty much at another forum: I listened to the 2nd half. To start the 3rd quarter, we were scoring well, and the other team was in check. And we built a lead that in a regular season game was pretty darn safe. (slipped away some in the 4th with a hodgepodge of players out there.) In other words, whether people can see why - the show was going pretty darn good with Stuckey in running things. Stuckey's job is not to make himself look good, but rather to make his team look good. Darn good job to start the 3rd quarter as far as making the team look good.