Linning!!!

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Winless Wonders, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I can't believe this Jeremy Lin. The guy has come out of no where. I am a believer now after dropping 38 and 7 assists on the Lakers. It is almost like a magic jeanie granted him the wish of being a NBA top tier point guard.

The question is does his hot streak continue when Melo and Amare comeback?
  2. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

No, Melo wouldn't play PG oriented game. If he does, he wouldn't have leave Denver. What going on in NY now is kind of narrative of "The Replacement", everyone is playing with happiness, they don't have to think about to-morrow just enjoy the playing of the game. Interesting, every player played quite different than what they were.
  3. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

i thought Lin looked good in Golden State. I didn't pay much attention to his career but what I saw was solid...then he got cut. Imagine if he did this at Golden State. California would explode
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Incredible. He played an awesome game, went toe to toe with Kobe, and outdid him. 3-pointers, layups of all sorts, got to the line a ton, dropped 7 assists... dude's got talent.
  5. linwood

linwood All-Star

I watched the first half. Lin looks legit. He split defenders multiple times for sick layups, and he seemed to mix it up well looking for the open man. I think he may be sticking around.
  6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Just remember the Pistons defense held Lin in check last week holding him to only four points.

The Lakers in desperately need of a point guard, passed on the California guard during the off season....who knew?

If Lin keeps up this play, B-Diddy is expendable, or the Knicks will keep him on injured reserve the rest of the year or until he cools down and falls back to rest of the pack....
  7. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

Yup, Lin, I remember drew raves during the preseason at Golden State, but got buried. It's all about heart sometimes. And what he proves is that the scouts, the expert analysts, the coaches, the personnel directors DON'T KNOW SQUAT! Haha

It just falls into place sometimes.

And with this story, you can't help but cheer for the guy. (Which can happen for Daye if he leaves, IMO, and he should). Makes for good vibes and a good feel all around.

It's palpable in New York. Their team has literally been stripped of ego and are just playing the game. Have you ever seen Shumpert and Jeffries that happy? Chandler even attempted an off-the-dribble move! Steve Novak is balling! Haha. Now the Knicks are fun to actually watch.

Thankfully, Melo and Amare will be back, bust it up and then we can all go back to cheering for the Pistons.
  8. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

In basketball game, if my memory serves me good, it means "makes everyone better".
    Whether he is for real liked his coach or Magic Johnson said, it's about timing, opportunity and circumstance. Gotta cheer for this guy who made his teammate better and entertained fans as well. Amazing to see this gang of players in an atmosphere free of the divas and next week seems far behind there mind.
  9. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I agree with everyone's comments. The Knicks are fun to watch with Lin running the show. Unlike Stuckey, when Lin takes his shots they don't seem forced or out of flow of the offense. Also, when Lin drives to the basket he is in control of himself and can make the sweet passes instead of plowing into a defender for a charge.

It is amazing that Lin was barely playing and only getting 5 or 6 mins a game occasionally then all of a sudden he explodes in one week and scores more points than he has scored in his whole career. Obviously the scouts had it all wrong, the kid has a lot of heart, and when his opportunity came he snatched it and he is not letting go.

I don't like Melo's game at all. He does not make anyone better and he is a ball hog. In my mind he is a good player, but not a superstar. I hope when Melo comes back it doesn't ruin Lin's flow.
  10. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

He's the latest version of Tim Tebow. Lin is a devout christian like Tim Tebow. This guy not only scores but sets up his teammates nicely. He's got everybody involved over there. Kinda frustrating to see another guy surpass Stuckey in overall game skills and floor knowledge. Before the game interviews.......Kobe acted like Lin was nothing to be concerned about.....then Lin goes out and drops 38 and 7 on him..............

Boom.
  11. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

Lin does have a bit of a turnover issue, but I'm not going to let that ruin this incredible mini-narrative taking place right now. The kid is playing out of his mind. The best thing about it is how he's succeeding executing some pretty basic basketball plays. He looks for Tyson Chandler on pick and rolls (Tyson is great on PnR's) and makes quick drives to the rim for reverse lay-ups. And it's all working. The Knicks look better for it. Shumpert is much better off the ball and Novak is showing the value of a tall shooter on a D'Antoni team.

I don't really get the Melo criticisms though. He and Amare should do well with a primary ball handler.
  12. vincy4fish98

vincy4fish98 Bench Warmer

And to think we could have had this unknown jewel for a pittance of 800k. Come on JD there is talent out there.
  13. Nemo

Our talent scout who looks at the Asia prospects was sent over to scout big european centers who have potential.
  14. Nemo

I was reading today where the fans now stay after the game just to see Jeremy Lin interview with the national press. They take constant pictures of him and keep chanting "MVP". Think of all the big names to come to that city to partake in activities at the MSG...........NYC hasn't seen anything like this in a long time.

Actually reminds me of the 1976 baseball season...when an unknown pitcher showed up at Tiger Stadium.
    He was also shy, quirky......and very talented. Also too brief did his star burn.......
  15. vincy4fish98

vincy4fish98 Bench Warmer

He seems to have a pretty level head on his shoulders. I think he will do well post NBA if his career should burn out. At least he is frugal-living on his brother's couch :)
  16. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Will be interesting to see how he does when teams start game-planning for him. Saw the Lakers-Knicks game though and he was very impressive. Does get into trouble at times, but obviously he has the Knicks rolling right now.
  17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

How is it that the NY coaching staff was considering waiving him within the past few weeks? Is the line that fine between D-League and NBA sensation? Couldn't they tell that they had a player in practice?
  18. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I'm impressed by the kid.
    His halftime interview on Friday night against the Lakers sold me. He put up a monster stat line going into halftime and all he could talk about was how he needed to do a better job of getting Ty Chandler the ball. He seemed mad at himself and talked about going into the lockeroom to look at film prior to the 3rd quarter.

Even if he comes back down to earth and settles into a role as a backup PG, he's an impressive guy.
  19. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Are they allowed to watch film at halftime?
  20. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I don't see why not.
    The Pistons watch sit-coms at halftime so...