1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Lion players file grievance

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Zander, May 7, 2006.

1. Zander

Zander First Round Draft Pick

Lions players file grievance!

I can't believe it! Practice is to hard. We don't like contact. Rod's just so mean! Well girls, filing a grievance because you're expected to work hard and earn your millions speaks volumes about you as a person and explains great reason why we have been the laughing stock, bottom feeders, alge suckers of the league!

I remember being a kid playing football in the back yard with other neighborhood kids and there wasn't one time I didn't come home with some sort of bump, bruise or cut. Did I have a players union to go to because I didn't like the way my buddy Bobby about tore my head off? No! Our unions were are mothers that settled whatever differences the kids had amoungst mothers. The very next day we were right back at it beating the heck out of one another and coming right back at night so our moms could tend to or wounds. I remember my mom asking "Why do you guys plays this stupid game?" I would respond by saying " Because I love playing"

My point being we played for the enjoyment of the sport. Something our Lions have forgotten. We played not for money but instead for a chance to dream of becomming a pro or just to hang out with friends. Buddies! Our Lions are simply about the money and nothing more. The grievance proves that.

One last thing before I finish. Every once in awhile being an adult theres thingsin life that you dont want to do or have no choice but to do it. Thats just life! And sometimes when the pressures on it doesn't hurt to take a step back and remember the good "ol days of things that you enjoyed as a kid. I wish the Detroit lions from top to bottom would all take a step back and remember how good it felt to get out there with their brothers and friends. It might just help them regain some of the passion for the sport. The same passion that lifted them to the Pros. If not, this them will always suck alge! Of course, this is all just one mans opinion!!!!

2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

3. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This grievance pisses me off to no end!!! Are you freaking kidding me?!?!?!?!

The players on this sad sack team have no leg to stand on. It would be one thing if they played hard, smart, error free football consistently on Sundays. If they tackled well, executed plays properlly, gave 100% effort on every down, THEN maybe I'd SLIGHTLY understand. But this team needs all the practice they can get.

I'm so sorry that you get paid MILLIONS of dollars to play a game every week. Granted, its a gruelling, physical game, but its a game that you willingly played for FREE as a kid in your back yard, for FREE on your High School team and for FREE in college. So now I'm supposed to feel sorry for you because Mooch's Country Club is closed and you actually have to WORK for your money? I work in a physically and emotionally demanding job every day. The difference is that there are millions of people just like me making small dollars to do the same thing that the small number of NFL players do to make millions of dollars. Please excuse me while I vomit my Kraft Dinner.

GO MARINELLI GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Riding the fence on this one... don't want someone blowing out a knee this early cause the coach wants to make a statement.... then again good work habits start early.

5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Some guy probably puked his nachos, we don't want linemen falling dead do we? Marinate didn't know the rules that's why we were penalized 2 days.

6. Hotsauce

Hotsauce First Round Draft Pick

Typical Lions players attitude.:frusty: :frusty:

These pansies have to get off their asses and play, stop whining.

7. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

After researching the real storylines and not the hacks who make crap up, looks like it was Union Reps that actually filed the paperwork and it was for the rule infraction on the CBA dealing with no contact.

I don't think we have whiny babies here, just safety concerns and a line being drawn for guidelines perimeters.

8. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I'd like to see the "real storylines," but at any rate I would imagine at least one player complained to the union which prompted the union to file the paperwork in the first place. Regardless of who actually filed the paperwork, it was due to at least one player complaining, correct?

I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to as "made up crap"? If you have more information, please share it.

9. Ozarkruffrider

http://mb14.scout.com/flionsfansfrm1.showMessage?topicID=75942.topic

This also contadicts Kowalski's report on Martz' supposed "fit" he threw "stomping out" of the facility.

Story by Kowalski:
    There are some reporters that report objectively (O'hara, Cotsonika) and there are columnists disguised as reporters--Kowalski and Parker.

10. jammertime

Parker is a jerk. The guy is anti homer. He hates on the Lions and everything they do.

I don't mind O'Hara, but I find that he's very bland and doesn't really write anything of substance.

11. Pastor Flournoy

Pastor Flournoy First Round Draft Pick

This is one of the main reasons the Lions have stunk so bad. Another slap in the face of lions fans. How dare an athlete getting paid millions of dollars to play a game, complain about having to practice to hard. While fans are slaving away at their jobs hoping to have enough money left after the food and bills to afford to go to a game(which they will more then likely lose) Another sad day in Lions worl, but I am thankful for a coaching staff that seems to be holding these guys to some type of standard.

12. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I haven`t chimed in on any Lions talk but after hearing this I can`t keep silent. I was born in Detroit, I remember the Billy Sims, Eric Hipple, Scott Mitchell, eras very well.

I remember back in the early 80`s when HOME GAMES WERE BLACKED OUT because they didn`t sell out. Btw, does that still happen?

I remember when the Loions actually made it to the NFC Title game back in 91 against the Redskins. Living here in DC I actually believed the Lions had a chance, well the Redskins scalped that a&$, like 41-3 or seomething like that.

This is the kicker, I remember the Detroit City Council tried to make the Lions change their name to the Pontiac Lions becasue of the embarassment they caused the city!!!

Now this. I don`t know what the football gods have against this team, but can somebody please reverse the curse. Maybe this new coaching staff has sensed something amongst the players on the roster and will rid the team of players who don`t want to earn their paycheck.

I dont follow the Lions close enough to know exactly what`s going on but this issue doesn`t help their image at all.

Some people say Barry Sanders was a traitor for walking away from football like he did. Maybe so, however, I say to this day, only the Detroit Lions can make one of the best players in the game take his ball, go home and say.......I quit.

13. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

all i know if they thought they got booed b4, wait'll they get a load of me!:eyebrows: Oooop...ooop...hehehehehhhh!

14. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

At least we have one player that knows the rules. Fight the power.
    Freakin' Martz going caveman. Well I understand why. That O stinks.

15. Zoso

Zoso First Round Draft Pick

How about that? More negative publicity and controversy going on with the team? Does it really surprise anybody? The more things change, the more they stay the same.

It just goes to show why the Lions have had the worst record (and along with it the worst organization) in Millen's tenure. It's not coincidental folks. As long as Millen remains as the head honcho this sort of stuff will keep rearing its ugly head, year-in year-out.

Get the man out of here and get someone in here that knows how to run a team once and for all. The incompetence has got to stop.

But something tells me that that won't truly happen until we get the real problem out of here first. The Fords. :doh:

16. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Good to see you feeling better Zo:}

17. Zoso

Thanks TFD.

It's amazing what a little R&R will do for the body when one is actually forced to take a self imposed hiatus. ;)

18. jammertime

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this particular example Zo. I like the fact that the coaching staff is practicing what they preach.

Rather than saying he's going to play the bench in the pregame presser and then seeing a bunch of DNP - Coach's Decision afterwards. :frusty:
    :focus:

Although it really pisses me off that the grievence was filed in the first place - that this team full of losers would dare to complain - the message it sends is that Lightning Rod and company have torn down Club Mooch and putting up a Fortress in its place!

19. Zoso

Oh I agree with you completely, JT.

With the kind of record and half a** effort game-in game-out that this bunch of slappies (players) has managed to accomplish over the past five years it's about time that someone comes in holds them accountable. So I think it's hilarious that they would have the audacity, hell, even the gonads, especially in this town, to actually come out and complain about putting in some extra work. It's beyond laughable, at best.

I think it simply proves that this collection of players are nothing more than lazy, non-motivated jokes, whether they're legitimately concerned about injuries or not, and that we're in store for a season just like every other one that we've been enduring for far too long around these parts now. :frusty:

20. Ozarkruffrider

Games can still be blacked out to our DC poster----Raiders have that all the time.

Same thing happened last year with the Giants---I don't think that much of this story. Good thing is that the team more as a whole is more bummed that the practices got canceled, because they were looking forward to it.
    And we know how the Giants have turned out.